[IMPORTANT] I need reports on a save game (fixed)

Does this save crash during AI turn for you ?

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Edit: Bug fixed by patch 1.0.3.18 :D

Old post:

I want to know how many of you can load this save and go to next turn without a crash.

It doesn't crash for me, and I want to know if the majority get a crash with it or is clean to next turn.

Here's the save to test : http://forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=339741&d=1357258435

If possible answer with a quick summary like this

crash / don't crash
CPU
GPU
RAM
OS

Thanks

I would, but I can't load it, it says the required DLC is not activated.

ho, ok, then people with G+K, please test and report.

I have gods+kings, but I think the mod deactivated it.

Tried this save with current version .36 and it crashed during the UK turn.

Radeon 7850
core i7 3770k
16 gigs on win 7.

Launched with dx10/11 version. A previous saves of my own crashes in both dx9 and dx10/11.

Just ran it with config.ini set to single threaded and it crashed during GBs turn (just like multi-threaded):
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
Application Version: 1.0.2.21
Application Timestamp: 509d5f40
Fault Module Name: CvGameCore_Expansion1.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.0.3.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50e0a1e9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00172afa
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

The last Lua.log entry is still:
RedMain: Check if Convoy (id=319526) has reached a destination near (59,7)

GeForce 550Ti (1GB)
Core i7-3820
32 GB on Win7-64

I just used IGE to delete the British convoy at 66,6 as moving this convoy was the last entry in the Lua.log for the crashed game. It was also the last convoy (#26). I'm currently at turn 21 with no problems.

The fact that this took care of a specific crash that only happens on some computers and that it was the last convoy in the list is consistent with over-running an array boundary in memory and depending on the system and what is in memory, it does or doesn't create a problem. At least that is the sort of behavior I've encountered in C/C++...

Hope this data point helps!
Cheers, George

I'm getting a pattern:
Crash end of turn 25, logs stops with GB convoy #25/25, delete convoy at (0,60), game doesn't crash.
Crash end of turn 26, logs stops with GB convoy #23/24, delete convoy at (5,35), game doesn't crash.
Currently at turn 32...

Crashes for me on GB's turn. So do the couple games I've played on Europe 39 (Stalingrad seems to work fine, other than the broken score counter!)) - game freezes on GB turn. I know very little about game programming, but was also looking at the convoys... I have not been able to complete a Europe 39 game since v.34.

Crashes
core i5
6 GB
Win7

Thanks so much. I love this mod more than the game itself. Thanks so much for the great support, too.

I replayed this scenario with Greece from a new start because I lack G+K on a Core i5, 8 gb ram, Windows 7, ATI Mobility Radeon 5470. I got a crash on the same turn, during UK turn

@Parthius : can you post the full log from then crash using the initial save please ?

and if I sent you another build of the DLL would you be able to test it ?

Here is the log for that turn only. I also have the one from game start but it is much bigger. I would be happy to test another build of the DLL!

Attachments

• Greece1939_Turn16only_crash_Lua.log.txt
    187.8 KB · Views: 56
thanks for the log :)

here's the custom DLL to replace the CvGameCore_Expansion1.dll (make a backup !) in the "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 36)" folder (you're using G+K, right ?).

then open RedDefinesGlobal.lua (in the mod's Lua subfolder) with notepad or another text editor, find the line

Code:
PRINT_DLL_DEBUG =		false	-- use DLL_Debug GameEvent to show some values from the C++ code in Firetuner

and change false to true:

Code:
PRINT_DLL_DEBUG =		true -- use DLL_Debug GameEvent to show some values from the C++ code in Firetuner

save the file, launch the game, load the savegame, click next turn and post the lua.log (will be pretty huge)

change back PRINT_DLL_DEBUG to false and restore the previous DLL after that, performance are surely impacted.

Hi Gedemon, here it is! (Hope it helps too...)
Cheers, Parthius

Attachments

• CustomDLL_Lua.7z
    24.9 KB · Views: 51
Ran with the custom dll on the italy game.

Attachments

• Chamrin_20130106_Lua.log.7z
    36.2 KB · Views: 53
thanks to both of you.

I may post another custom DLL to get more precision on the crash location.

bump: need more people to test the save.

I don't need more log ATM, but a better vision of the scale of the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom