SGOTM 17 - Pre-game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanH

Mac addict, php monkey
Hall of Fame Staff
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Please use this thread to discuss or raise questions about the game rules before it starts.

Please don't speculate about your team strategies here. Wait until you have a private team thread - and you know which teams you are allocated to.

Classical start :confused:

I don't think I have ever played that before. It will make tech strategies a little interesting.

Standard size map, for simulating tech costs?

So, no Engineering bulb because of Fishing...

Never, never and never a classical start unless you boost the AI or gimp the human.
My bad. I thought that was a suggestion thread!

What does it mean?

The question is "what is the world size?", with the note that this is useful for telling how expensive techs will be, and that it's probably Standard.

The question is "what is the world size?", with the note that this is useful for telling how expensive techs will be, and that it's probably Standard.

Yeah, I realized my dizziness after posting those two posts.

My bet is this is 80 turns game...

Unless mapmaker was evil this time...

Standard size map, for simulating tech costs?

Oh yeah... my first thought was you'd find out as soon as you open the game. But I'l give you the map size tonight for your test maps.:blush:

Standard size, but I'll have to check the ¤ of tiles actual size (each script is different size).

Don't worry about the exact dimensions of the map - that isn't so important, and you might want to keep it secret.

The game description is quite simple this time: Kill them all.:ar15:
An epic tale for the grandchillens

Once upon a time there was an Erkon that either appeared out of nowhere or spawned from a famous French fountain:
Spoiler :
This Erkon thing warned mere mortals about the profanity of research:
Spoiler :
We don't need to be that advanced ourselves. I would prefer if we focused on military instead, building units and fight, fight, kill them all, attack!!!!!!!!!!!:ar15:
Its message was confirmed by a Revelation from God:
Spoiler :
The Erkon naively tried tempered enthusiasm:
Spoiler :
So, what do you think about Mongolia?
Kill them. Kill them all!
But words alone couldn't express the heart and soul required:
Spoiler :
Just remember one thing: Kill them! Kill them all!!! :aargh:
The Erkon found the only path through thick skulls was poetic and aesthetic magnificance:
Spoiler :
One more thing:

Kill'em all! :aargh: :aargh: :aargh:
Today, no one really knows if the Erkon ever existed, but its glorious, bloodlusting wisdom endures on the epitaphs of all steenkin' builders:
Spoiler :
Kill'em all! :ar15::aargh::aargh::aargh:
Ignore it at your own peril.

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but I thought I'd raise the issue.

I remember reading about it a long time ago but couldn't find any ruling on it so...

Resource trade bug
While not overwhelming in the last SGOTM in terms of research, it does have one effect: the AI which pays the bills will be slowed down from all the gpt he's spending on a few resources. (just how much is difficult to say)
Spoiler :

Link to how it works:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12133596&postcount=4625
[...]

So if you see an AI has 8 or so gold to spare and you have a lot of resources to trade them, then...

trade 1st resource for 8 gold
gift them 1 GPT and check to see that their spare gold per turn goes up by 1.
Then gift them 7 GPT and they should have 8 spare gold per turn to trade
trade them the 2nd resource of 8 gold.
repeat.

then I canceled gifts of GPT after 10 turns.

Basically, you can get multiple deals of x gpt which the AI wouldn't normally offer.

Given that the game is now Immortal difficulty, AIs are bound to have a bit more money around.

~~~

So, is it good and everyone can use it? Or will it be handled the same way as Flying Camera?

Thanks for clarification.

Has anyone used this trick during SGOTM?? It would of been easily possible last game really?

You could just ban the gifting of any gold per turn to the AI in resource trades? Afterall this would be deemed a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom