• Boring, not interesting, I don't like it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some good ideas, but I'll play only a few games

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Average, I will play it from time to time

• Good! I will play it often

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Excellent! I will play it, and only it!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steph

Multi Many Tasks man
Retired Moderator
Here it is!

(Warning : requires Play the World)
Download the air units (22 Mb)
Download GSC units (American Conquest and Cossacks) (70 Mb)
Download the land units, part 1 (21 Mb)
Download the land units, part 2 (37 Mb)
Download the sea units (19 Mb)
Download main files (7 Mb)

Link to patch

Download additional files for Beta4 (98Mb)

Download Patch 1 for Beta 4(50 kb)

I suggest that you delete yoru old version (or save it in a different folder), and download the entire new one, as folder names have changed a lot.

This a Beta 3 version.
- Generic units are done for all eras
- Flavour units are done for Era 1, 2 and 3.
- Some graphics or sound are still missing, as well as some civilopedia entries.

The game rules are changed... So have a look at the readme, at the tech trees (external pictures to give you a good overview), at the unit stats... And read the civilopedia!

If some of you are willing to help with some icons or text entry in the civilopedia, you are more than welcome!

This is a world map made from this mod. I used Kal-els 180*180 world map, this is an editet version though, it features more correct terran in many parts, but gameplay issues was thought about too when I editet it.

Enjoy!

downloading now...

btw - I have the new MT version so I can actually resort the resources just now. What order should they go in?

Bug-the game crashes when the Egyptian spearman comes. It is looking for a run.wav it cant find.

Fixes-I played as the Romans, it seems that many of their units does´nt upgrade correctly.

Settlers cant be loaded into Galleys, I guess this is a mistake?

Chariot and Horseman cost the same, though Chariot is much better than Horseman.

The Shrine gfx arent showing uo in the buildque.

The Copper grx arent showing up at all! And yes I did research Bronze Working.

Suggestions-I would add one more food bonus resource since all units cost citizens.

You have many new techs, but almost no new buildings. Adding 10 new improvements/wonders would be appreciated

thats all for now:)

Fixes-I played as the Romans, it seems that many of their units does´nt upgrade correctly.
Could you be moe specific?

Settlers cant be loaded into Galleys, I guess this is a mistake?
No. Settlers are not a foot unit, and galleys can carry only foot units. To discover the new world and create colonies, you need to find more advanced transport!

Chariot and Horseman cost the same, though Chariot is much better than Horseman.
Hmm... I'll check it.

The Shrine gfx arent showing uo in the buildque.
Yep, as I said some gfx are missing, it includes the building one. Remember, it's a beta version.

The Copper grx arent showing up at all! And yes I did research Bronze Working.
That's because copper is the last in the list of resource. It should be easier to find when I'll reorder it.

Suggestions-I would add one more food bonus resource since all units cost citizens.
I'm not sure. The goal is to slow the expansion and the building of armies. If you can replenish to fast, it will not work.
But I will probably add a few bonus resource.

You have many new techs, but almost no new buildings. Adding 10 new improvements/wonders would be appreciated
First, I will add soon the govt specific buildings. Second, if you have suggestion, tell me! But as I'm not very good yet at adding gfx for buildings, I've kept this part for later.

thats all for now:) [/B][/QUOTE]

You did´nt reply on my bug report, did you see it?

Could you be moe specific?
To be honest, no. I just remeber looking at the unit lines, and I saw that not all flavor units could upgrade.

No. Settlers are not a foot unit, and galleys can carry only foot units. To discover the new world and create colonies, you need to find more advanced transport!
hmm, are you sure this is a good idea? If you play on a map with many islands and start on a island with only room for 4 cities, than what should you do?

That's because copper is the last in the list of resource. It should be easier to find when I'll reorder it.
ehm no. Its because you did not assign any terrain to it.

I'm not sure. The goal is to slow the expansion and the building of armies. If you can replenish to fast, it will not work.
In that case dont add more food resources. I made an army of Chariot in 10 turns, I had only to citites on grassland with mines.

First, I will add soon the govt specific buildings. Second, if you have suggestion, tell me! But as I'm not very good yet at adding gfx for buildings, I've kept this part for later.
Adding buildings is easy, just look at Ukas´ torturial:). Just look around what graphics there are, then choose with buildings you like. Adding Angkor Wat or Taj Mahal is a must IMO.

I've corrected a few things. For the Roman, it seems OK to me. There's just one small trick : the tribal warrior cannot upgrade to the man at arm, because the mirmillon upgrades directly to pikes.

This is because the legionary upgrade to the imperial legionary, that replace phalanx...

It's a bit tricky there!

Originally posted by Steph

...No. Settlers are not a foot unit, and galleys can carry only foot units. To discover the new world and create colonies, you need to find more advanced transport!
Steph, you have heard of the Greeks, I presume? They settled all their colonies from the sea. If you don't want people to sail too far with galleys you should make them wheeled (and ocean impossible for wheeled units to traverse) instead.

Originally posted by mrtn
Steph, you have heard of the Greeks, I presume? They settled all their colonies from the sea. If you don't want people to sail too far with galleys you should make them wheeled (and ocean impossible for wheeled units to traverse) instead.

Hmmm... What about settlers specific to greek, which are foot units and can board galleys? So the greeks are the only one able to make colonies at the beginning of the game? The others need landbase empire, or they need to conquer?
Perhaps I'll need to find something to "weaken" the greek settlers to compensate.

Looks cool downloading now:goodjob:

Originally posted by Steph

Hmmm... What about settlers specific to greek, which are foot units and can board galleys? So the greeks are the only one able to make colonies at the beginning of the game? The others need landbase empire, or they need to conquer?
Perhaps I'll need to find something to "weaken" the greek settlers to compensate.
good idea, you can always make them more expensive.

I found a error it says "file not found \...\...\...\...\Units\Frank\swordmanfortify.wav" it is a simple mistake.

btw this is one of the coolist mods I hane ever played:goodjob:

Originally posted by Bobisback
I found a error it says "file not found \...\...\...\...\Units\Frank\swordmanfortify.wav" it is a simple mistake.

btw this is one of the coolist mods I hane ever played:goodjob:
lol its the good-old-swordsman fortufy bug. Be aware this can be bigger than it looks like. Many of the units are looking for the swordsmanfortify.wav the problem is that its called swordsmanfortify .wav

Originally posted by Yoda Power
My mistake. Cost of chariot increased by one. And don't forget the horseman has a ZOC but not the chariot.

Aother error "file not found \Art\Civilopedia\icons\Units\74longshilarge" this problem is a typo you told it to look for 74longshilarge when the real file name is 74longshiplarge;) I do not no if you did the same thing with 74longshipsmall.

edit: you did not do the same thing with 74longshipsmall:)

Steph... yes.. the swordsman fortify with that blank space is used by many units and we all (I believe) have that file. Keep with the "standards" :)

Aother error "file not found \Art\Units\Militian\Militian.ini" it is looking for Militian when the folder\ini is named Militia.;)

edit: Aother error "file not found \Art\Units\ChinWarrior\ChinSWarDefault.flc" All you did here is added a S, so it needs to be ChinWarDefault.flc.

edit: Aother error "file not found \Art\Units\Tongkang\Tongkang.ini" Now this error I have no clue what is going on, there is not a single folder name that is even close to Tongkang. In the units folder the only one that barely looks like Tongkang is Tarkan if you ask me that is one heck of a typo.

Top Bottom