What you wrote here, that if I create e.g. can a combat vehicle factory even produce several types?

Yes, of course it can. Per example here you see the SW Heavy Tank Plant in the mod CCM 2.5. It can produce all the tanks you can see in the second screenshot by upgrading a basic unit. The king flag is only used to assure, that these units cannot be produced normally.

Heavy Tank Plant 1.jpg

Heavy Tank Plant 2.jpg

@Civinator
Thanks for the quick response,:thumbsup:

The goal would be that no civilization would be able to build these units normally, but factory production would give the opportunity.
...and I already have ideas...
Do you think it is feasible to implement the idea that this system would consist of several elements, e.g. MBT engine, tracks, precision instruments, these tank type cases could be developed?

:lol:I'm now reinstalling CCM 2.5 to get a better look at the editor settings.

Last edited:
Do you think it is feasible to implement the idea that this system would consist of several elements, e.g. MBT engine, tracks, precision instruments, these tank type cases could be developed?
Yes, this is possible as it is for normal upgrades. The Flintlock mod here opens additional interesting options, too.
:lol:I'm now reinstalling CCM 2.5 to get a better look at the editor settings.
CCM 2.5 holds several of those SWs, among them the palace for different settlers, the worker houses for different workers, the Jolly Roger for different pirate ships, and others for different heavy fighters, dive bombers, nuclear bombers and so on. CCM 2.5, or CCM 2.6 in the future, should always be installed, as they give modders a cornucopia of additional units for their mods and scenarios, that are ready to use.

Hi @Civinator

I hope it will be good and I understand how it works:

My concept for production would be that when the combat vehicle factory builds a combat vehicle development plan, then all the nations that build it can build it on their own unique unit, as it worked for you in your game mod seeing.
Thus, the infantry fighting vehicle (IFV) design allows them to build their unique mechanized infantry units. The MBT design starts the creation of modern armors with a special mechanical engineer challenge that will be further developed.

There is a combat vehicle factory here, which provides the basis for unit production:
FV Factory.jpg IFV design.jpg
:mischief:The fighting vehicle factory is the basis for fighting vehicle design, when a combat vehicle plan is completed, it gives you a mechanical engineer every 12 turns, which is the Apprentice in your game great mod (CCM 2.5)

The question is, if I put the units built by the countries in a hidden folder, will it be converted to their individual units. My goal would be that a nation cannot naturally build 'modern' tank and other mechanical units, only by upgrading mechanical engineers. I hope it will work, unfortunately I don't have much time to test it now, I'm running out of time, but maybe I can look at it this weekend.
.Engeneer.jpgBoxer.jpg

Last edited:
The question is, if I put the units built by the countries in a hidden folder, will it be converted to their individual units. My goal would be that a nation cannot naturally build 'modern' tank and other mechanical units, only by upgrading mechanical engineers.
In that case you have to use the king flag settings, as it is done per example in the heavy tank settings of CCM 2.5.

:blush:I run into this annoying error when I open the development tree, it appears that II has not been completed. era arrows with which the game starts and exits with an error.
It's interesting that the first time I ran into this error, then when I fixed the civilopedia errors, then this screen worked normally, now it's messing up again, I checked other scenarios don't have this problem.
:wallbash:Now the error appears again, sometimes it freezes the game, it indicates different characters

Has anyone encountered this error?

Attachments

• EGMII-1-12#26#error.jpg
    EGMII-1-12#26#error.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 23
  • EGMII-1-12#26#error2.jpg
    EGMII-1-12#26#error2.jpg
    771.3 KB · Views: 24
  • EGMII-1-12#26#error3.jpg
    EGMII-1-12#26#error3.jpg
    771 KB · Views: 22
  • Error_EGMII_1-17_26C.jpg
    Error_EGMII_1-17_26C.jpg
    723.5 KB · Views: 27
I run into this annoying error when I open the development tree, it appears that II has not been completed. era arrows with which the game starts and exits with an error.
It's interesting that the first time I ran into this error, then when I fixed the civilopedia errors, then this screen worked normally, now it's messing up again, I checked other scenarios don't have this problem.
I'm just thinking that the fact that there are many hidden, background development trees in the civilization advances development tree can cause such an error?

How much added development does the editor allow to be added to civilization advances?

:mischief:In any case, I'll delete some applied and unused civilization advances, just in case that's what caused the error.

Last edited:
I'm just thinking that the fact that there are many hidden, background development trees in the civilization advances development tree can cause such an error?

How much added development does the editor allow to be added to civilization advances?

:mischief:In any case, I'll delete some applied and unused civilization advances, just in case that's what caused the error.
I don´t think that these errors were triggered by the number of techs. I have not counted the number of techs in the RARR and CCM mods, but there are tons of them without triggering any problems.

About the columns of error messages shown in one of your screenshots: I cannot translate the Hungarian text on these messages, but I have encountered this problem twice by:

- The hyperlink bug: Too many links to a special resource (about more than 32), but it can appear with too many links to other features (p.e. techs), too.
This bug is dimmed down by the Flintlock mod (the number of links is raised), but it is not completely fixed. I have an additional fix in the CCM and RARR mods: Leave the first slot in the unit and building resources free, but this means only up to 2 resources for units and only one for buildings.

- Damaged images in unit animations

I never run into an error with such strange fonts. I fear, here you have to do all the changes from scratch up and have to look after each step, when that error is appearing.

About the columns of error messages shown in one of your screenshots: I cannot translate the Hungarian text on these messages, but I have encountered this problem twice by:
The windows popup only says "Civilization3Conquests has detected an error and is shutting down. We apologize for the inconvenience."
- The hyperlink bug: Too many links to a special resource (about more than 32), but it can appear with too many links to other features (p.e. techs), too.
I proceeded as described for almost every unit, I only put resources in the second and last place, I left the top one empty, there are some tanks where 3 resources have been set, they are displayed, and then I count how many resources were visible this way.
- Damaged images in unit animations
It is conceivable that a damaged image could cause this,
even among the civilopedia images there may be some whose loading freezes the development tree menu
I'll try to go through all the error pages.

I don't want to add more than a thousand units again.
I hope that the Biq file itself is not fundamentally wrong, just other errors causing this problem.

:undecide: Is there a utility that shows possible errors in a scenario? Can the DEBUG mod do this?

I proceeded as described for almost every unit, I only put resources in the second and last place, I left the top one empty, there are some tanks where 3 resources have been set, they are displayed, and then I count how many resources were visible this way.
Please don´t forget, that other settings can trigger the hyperlink bug, too. Resources are only the most common cause for that bug. I once had that bug triggered by a civilopedia page, that had too many links in its entry.

Is there a utility that shows possible errors in a scenario? Can the DEBUG mod do this?
I am not aware of an universal detecting tool. The Quintillus editor per example has a message when detecting a phantom resource setting.

Please don´t forget, that other settings can trigger the hyperlink bug, too. Resources are only the most common cause for that bug. I once had that bug triggered by a civilopedia page, that had too many links in its entry.
@Civinator , Thank you,

There are references to several units on some civilopedia pages, because I grouped the units and described them in order. Then I think this could cause an error.
If I refer to 62 units in the description of Modern Infantry, I may have to break down the units further, by continent, then I would refer to fewer units on one page.
For example, I referred to 62 units here:
civilopedia_test1.jpg
What do you think is the optimal amount of references on a civilopedia page that doesn't crash the game with an error?

I won't be at home this weekend, so I can't deal with solving the problem. As soon as I get home, I will resume my search for a solution.

The border for the hyperlink bug is "somewhat" over 30. I didn´t waste my time for a test to add link after link to become aware about the correct number of links until the bug occurs.

@Civinator

I thought of another possible error. There are units, many of which are based on one development, e.g. to create the infantry and guerrilla units, you need the small arms development, for which 29 units are assigned. but also the modern infantry (including the UN Peacekeeper), which is based on the development of Synthetic Fiber, 62 of these units were assigned to it.
Could the large number of units assigned to the development cause errors?

EGMII-1-12#26#small arms29.jpgEGMII-1-12#26#syntetic fiber62.jpg

The border for the hyperlink bug is "somewhat" over 30. I didn´t waste my time for a test to add link after link to become aware about the correct number of links until the bug occurs.
I am currently working on this so that the civilopedia.txt file has fewer units per page.
It can already be seen that the 1.12 patch is slipping :blush:, but I don't want to publish it incorrectly.

I extracted the civilopedia.txt file from the TEXT folder to see what was going on, the game just froze with the foreign characters and exited with the error message I shared before.

Maybe the normal settings civilopedia.TXT file could have crashed the game if it couldn't find the mod file?

Could the large number of units assigned to the development cause errors?
I don´t think so. I just made a small count about a tech from the CCM 2.6 techtree. This tech holds 65 units (and some buildings) but there is no hyperlink bug triggered by that tech and its units.

Foreign characters in the texts can cause such problems, too.

Hi All

A lot of things got in the way, so I couldn't complete the agreed path. :blush:
The errors also contributed to this, I need to return to the current version as a base, so that the unit development has a good foundation and the game does not exit with error messages after opening a partially loaded development tree.
I have to rebuild the unit structure again if everything will work well.

My plan is that the building improvements will be included in the next patch, to which the current unit system will still be associated.
If everything works well, then the extended unit package will be added.

I was a bit disappointed by the failure after a lot of energy invested in it.
Thank you for your patience.

EGMII 1.12 beta patch is available!

I hereby release the EGMII 1.12 patch into the public domain, which includes many innovations, such as the military industry, which allows mechanized units to be built by countries with advanced industry, which occasionally gives an engineer unit that can be built by a given nation mechanized units, tanks, can produce artillery units, etc.
Industrially weaker countries have the option of purchasing weapons, which enables the acquisition of the aforementioned units.

The unit expansion package is waiting for you, because I am looking for a solution to the previously described malfunction, it will be rebuilt. I am working on fixing the bug and reinstalling the military units in the game mode until a later patch.

In the meantime, it is worth treating this patch containing the new production technology as a test, because there may still be setup problems.
However, the problems that appear after the added unit do not affect this patch, because I checked it.
Anyway, if you find an error, thank you for letting me know.

Last edited:
I managed to find some setup errors which I fixed, so whoever downloaded the patch yesterday 16th December 2023, please try it again, as this is now working fine, it should overwrite yesterday's files.

Top Bottom