one M-113 per C-130 . Might be 2 in later versions of C-130 . Russian BMP carriers should be also available . BMP 2 or 3 was specifically developed for Russian Airborne units so it might be used as a paratrooper with airdrop box ticked . There is a Tetrach tank designed for gliders in WW2 , anything in its weight class could be used for airborne operations upto 1950 equivalent turn of your scenario .

My plan would be that only light tanks could be airlifted, not medium and heavy tanks. How do you think this can be solved?
The easiest - and in my eyes best - way of course is to give those tanks that can be airlifted the airlift flag and those tanks, that should not be airlift capable not the airlift flag. The settings for this flag must be done in the unit settings of the tank unit. Here airports or airfields are needed.

For settings, that tanks can be dropped out of a flying plane or a helicopter in the free landscape without a landing of the plane or helicopter, the settings must be done in the settings of the transport plane or helicopter by tickling the airdrop flag. Here additional limitations can be set by using the flags "transporting only foot units" or "missile units".

This said, dropping out Leopard or M1A1 Abrams tanks (and so on) out of a flying plane looks somewhat silly as here in reallity (at least) airports or airfields are needed. Dropping them out of a flying plane simply would ruin them (and may be the transport plane, too). If you want to have airdropped tanks in your game, the limitation by the foot unit flag (that must be enabled in the settings of the transport plane or helicopter and additionally in the settings of the tanks that should perform such an operation) makes sense. Wyrmshadow made several good looking units which in history were used for such air landing operations and Ares made a good colour conversion of the M551 Sheridan tank.

M551Paradrop.gif

one 60 ton tank is not good , either in surprise attacks or reconnaisance in force , but there are no laws of nature that forbid the airdrop of one . Just more parachutes and stuff .

@Civinator , @r16,

Thank you both for the ideas and the description.
I have downloaded all possible unit versions from post-WWII Cold War infantry mechanized units (APC, IFV, MBT) to the present. I like the unit versions with many sync versions, which vary by era or nation.

and they really modeled the 'airdrop' option for many tank units...

Last edited:
one 60 ton tank is not good , either in surprise attacks or reconnaisance in force , but there are no laws of nature that forbid the airdrop of one . Just more parachutes and stuff .
A 60 ton tank is going to take more parachutes than can be efficiently deployed. Then there is the airspeed of the carrying aircraft to consider. The C-5 Galaxy can airlift one tank, it cannot air-drop it.

more parachutes than can be efficiently deployed only means you will need more braking rockets . It goes into the realms where Federal employees get uneasy .

more parachutes than can be efficiently deployed only means you will need more braking rockets . It goes into the realms where Federal employees get uneasy .
Are they used?

According to my plans, for the time being, the light tanks will be moved by air, if something else is delivered, I can easily fix it. :)

nothing we can talk about here . German gliders Ju-322 and Me-321 started with 20 tons capacity . Later versions of both of them were reduced to 10 to 12 tons . Hamilcar of the allies limited to 8 tons . 1950s is when the C-130 appears with 19 tons . But the thing is C-17 is definitely capable of carrying a full MBT to a captured airfield , as the Americans did in 2003 , after they could not have an armoured division based here for in the invasion of Iraq .

how about this ? That you have an optional tech , say called airlift or heavy airlift that might let you build a small wonder that will autoproduce a cargo plane to carry tanks upto 20 tons in the name of historical accuracy . When your C-130s arrive they can carry light tanks and personnel carriers of similar weight into combat zones . They do not have to be exactly airdrop capable with specific .flc files , showing them under the 'chute , we will just imagine they are landing there ... And C-17 era has no need for only foot units flag ... If you want to still make a distinction , you could have C-5 type that carries 2 units , only between city pairs or airfields . And a limited number of C-17s that will land one anywhere like an helicopter . This latter probably requires small wonder/autoproduction line of thought . The AI is likely to make any use of it but human player might like it .

Then I have to dig deep into the subject... :lol:

I like your idea, I came up with a solution for the production of tank units similar to what you wrote about using wonders or small wonders here.
For each nation, it would be possible to get new units in this way, e.g. where there is a developed industry, as in Europe, the USA or Russia or China, tank factories could be built or developed (which would be a wonder or a small wonder). These factories would occasionally produce a certain MBT unit every 10-20 rounds. In those countries where there is no such production, there could be a wonder or a small wonder called tank purchase, which would work like the tank factory, giving you a tank unit every 10-20 rounds for a certain period of time. These miracles would become obsolete after a certain technological development.

I really like what you wrote about the delivery of devices with an increasingly large capacity by air transport units.

I noticed that in the editor it is possible to set up to 2 irons when building the units, does this have such significance that a player with 2 or more irons can only build it?

Attachments

• two-iron.jpg
    two-iron.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 22
do you have two seperate iron items ? As in one of them misspelt instead being copper or something similar ? ~ is a sign that does not appear at the game , ı use it to have two cities to have the same name . Maybe it is ghat your 2nd iron source is written as iron~ or whatever due some error ?

The new add-on package for EGMII mod is now visible. :goodjob:
I managed to add all the land units to the EGMII mod, which now contains more than 1100 ground units, I will publish this soon in the EGMII beta 1.12 version, for now I am looking for errors and I am still entering the civilopedia files. I can expect it to be available to you at the beginning of September.

If you start a new game, it takes about :sleep:5 minutes for the game mod to load for the first time, but it loads quickly after saving.

In order to make the game more enjoyable, I put in this many land units, which I expanded the game mod with realistic units.
As far as possible, most modern units that have been used or are currently being used in any part of the world.

do you have two seperate iron items ? As in one of them misspelt instead being copper or something similar ? ~ is a sign that does not appear at the game , ı use it to have two cities to have the same name . Maybe it is ghat your 2nd iron source is written as iron~ or whatever due some error ?
there is only one iron raw resources in this mod, there is no hidden iron, this is the same iron that the editor allows you to enter under one another, so two sources have been entered, maybe I could enter 3 irons, because it doesn't jump out that the iron is already entered asserted.

I would only be interested in whether this can be used, whether two require iron or other raw materials to build one unit.

Hi everybody,

If I remember correctly, the Pentagon's ability is perhaps one of the buildings that causes an error when using 'Build Larges Armies' on several buildings.
The other one could be the forbidden palace, which is similarly a setting that can only be used for 1 building, but there are other building attributes that do not have this effect. Which building settings cause similar errors?

Can I apply the Military Academy skill to multiple buildings? because you wrote on the Pentagon that if 2-3 buildings have that ability, it will cause an error and will not work.
Which of the building attributes should not be applied to more than one building?

I ask because I use at least 5 buildings in the mode with the capabilities of the Pentagon, which according to them will not work, I use the Pentagon equivalents of the major political powers, in principle it will work incorrectly, then I have two options:
1), I would give the possibility of building the Army to the military academy, so I would exchange it with the Pentagon, the question is whether the ability of the military academy on 5 buildings does not cause errors?
Solution 2: I will set up the Pentagon and the military defense buildings of the other nations as a pure wonders and it would give me a victorious Army every 60 rounds, which would correspond to 5 years in the mod.

I'm almost done adding the unit to the map as well. In addition to wikipedia, the website globalfirepower https://www.globalfirepower.com/ helps a lot, where the military stocks of the countries of the world are listed, grouped into various types of military equipment.

EGMII-1-12-units-added.jpg

The goal was to maintain the proportions, where I applied the percentage distribution of assets to the countries of the world in this game mod:

I set most units so that 1000 units in this mod is 1 unit:
Main Battle Tanks:

Russia
12,566=12 units
North Korea
6.6457=7 units
United States
5,500=6 units
China
4,950=5 units
Egypt
4,664=Islamic Pan Africa=9(Egypt5+Morocco2+Algeria2) units
India
4,614=5 units
Iran
4.071=4 units
Pakistan
3.742=4 units
Syria
South Korea
2.331=2 units
Turkey
2.229=2 units
Israel
2,200=2 units
Ukraine
1,890=2 units
Vietnam
1,829=Southeast Asia=5 (Vietnam2+Myanmar1+Thailand1+Cambodia1)
units
Morocco
1.761=2
Eritrea
1,756=2
Algeria
1,700=2
Jordan
Greece
1.365=EU?(EUGre1+Poland1
Saudi Arabia
1.273=1
Cuba
1.230Meso America1(Cuba=1)
Taiwan
Japan
1.004=1
Iraq
923=1
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Myanmar
715=1
Turkmenistan
Cambodia
Thailand
Advertisements
Poland
569=1
Armenia
Mongolia
470=0................................................... 0!

Ideas for EGMII 1.12:
According to my plans, the mechanized combat units can be built in two ways in the now-released add-on. According to one group, there will be states that can build units on their own at an expensive price, but it is also possible that these countries, like in real life, will also build weapons factories, then they will be able to get mechanized infantry units, MBT, etc. The weapons factory will work like a small wonder.
The other possibility is that the state that does not have weapons production builds a small wonder, e.g. tank purchase, according to which you will occasionally receive one of the units of the given type for a short period of time. The goal would be to plan ahead and use our assets wisely because military assets will be limited. This could also give some balance to the mode, for example, smaller countries could even get more favorable access to their devices. Countries with large territories would not be able to easily eliminate or assimilate smaller countries consisting of a few cities.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Everything is going according to my plans, I made the military factories, they were made in three different looks. Combat vehicle factories can produce MBT, infantry vehicles, artillery units in the nations where units are produced. in the Naval factory, naval units are produced, in the aircraft factory, the respective countries can produce air units, which with a small miracle setting only 1 factory is possible.

I made it possible to purchase weapons in 4 types:

I'm testing, I've run into some unit errors, so far there have been 13 errors, of which the faulty ini file of the unit file caused startup difficulties in about 10 cases, after all, it's not a bad ratio, considering that more than a thousand units have been added to the mod.

As promised in advance, I will make the new add-on public at the beginning of September: EGMII beta 1.12

I will soon upload the much larger file to Google drive, which has grown to about 1500 megabytes, but if you can recommend another solution, I am looking for a secure storage space, I would be happy to receive your help, because the drive requires more attention.

Attachments

• EgmII-editor7.JPG
    EgmII-editor7.JPG
    781.2 KB · Views: 16
  • EgmII-editor1.JPG
    EgmII-editor1.JPG
    778 KB · Views: 12
  • EgmII-editor2.JPG
    EgmII-editor2.JPG
    777.7 KB · Views: 10
  • EgmII-editor3.JPG
    EgmII-editor3.JPG
    781.5 KB · Views: 8
  • EgmII-editor4.JPG
    EgmII-editor4.JPG
    778.3 KB · Views: 7
  • EgmII-editor5.JPG
    EgmII-editor5.JPG
    778.2 KB · Views: 7
  • EgmII-editor6.JPG
    EgmII-editor6.JPG
    781.3 KB · Views: 7
I ran into this:
It seems that I completely filled the building squares in the Civilization III editor, it did not allow me to insert more files. :undecide::blush::rolleyes:
I have to take the integration of the combat vehicle purchase much further back if I want to include other types of buildings in the mod in the future.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
EGMII-Sold out of building space2.jpg

There is a limit of 256 buildings for C3C. This was one of the reasons I created the advanced autoproduction setting many years ago.
@Civinator

I appreciate you sharing:thumbsup:
I would be interested in this thing, how does it work in broad terms, could you describe it to me?

According to them, it is possible to build several separate units in one building.
What you wrote here, that if I create e.g. can a combat vehicle factory even produce several types?

I clicked on the link you sent: According to them, if I were to set up that the Military factory produces, for example, engines for MBTs, then everyone can update the development from the engine to their own tank?
Another question is how can you produce several types of MBTs in one building?

Top Bottom