19/8/04: Ork in Mega Armour

The Great Apple

Big Cheese
The heaviest armour an Ork can wear. I'm getting closer and closer to making proper biological units. I think my next will have a bit more general movement, as this one is a bit static. I'm not so sure about the sighting laser, it's unfortunetely been anti-aliased so it's caught by the shadow palette. I've tried to make it quite visable, but I wasn't really sure. I'm also not too happy with the death, and I might come back to it and redo it.

As for the warboss unit which came alongside this one - I'm putting it on hold till more of the core units have been done.

Without further ado, here are the files (NO SOUNDS - I might sort them out later, but I hate doing sounds). By the time the 40K mod comes out I'll make sure they have sounds :)

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads8/MegaOrk.zip

And a preview:
Default-->Fidget-->Run-->Fortify-->AttackA-->AttackB-->AttackC-->Victory-->Death

EDIT: The preview seems to be bouncing a bit, but the unit shouldn't...

Attachments

• mofinal.gif
    mofinal.gif
    184.9 KB · Views: 2,142
About these ork unit things. Do they have anything to do with Lord of the Rings? I think I am kinda lost.......Seems like a futuristic style ork..........ok I have no idea what these units are but there cool!!!!

As we say in the great fortress of Wazzadur:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kulade said:
I suddenly feel like playing with legos...
Will I ever be rid of this comment... ;)

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I might redo this one at a later date without the sighting laser, as it really doesn't work too well, and with a better death. I'm finding it hard at the moment to find original death animations for units which aren't either too hard, or look silly. This one was meant to be his power unit going up in smoke, and him not being able to support the armour... but it really didn't work.

At the moment I'm working on a batch of regular ork boyz, and fixing up some of the animations for my killer kan. Maybe when I'm done with them I'll come back and fiddle with this again.

That was a positive comment! :mad:

You could make a lego mod... you just need someone to put pegs on the terrain! ;)

Top Bottom