New unit; civ coloured commando.

Smoking mirror

Ships Captain
I've got a present for ya!
Here it is my first infantry unit, a commando with civ coloured uniform and machine gun.
The machine gun features a round magazine and represents either the american tommy gun or the Russian pepechka machine gun. the germans didn't tend to use round magazines, but their commandos often infiltrated enemy lines and used enemy equipment (brandenburgers).
There is a slight problem with the run animation, check it out in flickster it looks fine, but when used in the game he only take one step, no matter what speed the flic is set at. I should have it worked out by the time I do my next infantry unit (an infantry unit armed with a heavy machine gun). If any one can sort it out please post the answer in this forum.

here it is, one zip file with all the animations etc...;

If yo are going to use this unit, or any of my others, I recomend changing the colours used by your civs, the standard ones are picked for fun bright colours, but for a realistic industrial/modern game you may want to choose mor camoflage type colours like brown(chinese) grey/black(Germans) dark red(russia) White(finland/norway/switzerland).

Here is a civlopedia sized image of the commando in a green uniform, I don't realy know how to sort out the Civlopedia images, I think that when I have finished my full WWII selection and move on to doing the Post war units I have planned i will relese a units32.pcx with all my unitson it, and a selection of Civlopedia images;

O.K Iv'e sorted out the runing animation, I just made the ani twice as long and stuck a duplicate of the first bit on the end. don't ask me how this fixed it, I think some of the Animations don't cycle or something, I am having another problem with the crocodile, where it fires its main gun on rapid fire, despite being set to as slow as posible, because it only has five frames.

So replace the CommandoRun.flc file with this;

Top Bottom