Maus WW2 Super Heavy tank

Hunter

Civ Addict
This is the german Maus tank the largest tank built during WW2 mabye the largest ever.

Compare:
M1A1 Abram MBT 56.3 tons or 57,154 kg
main gun: 120mm or 4.72in

Maus 188 tons or 191,000 kg
Main gun 128mm or 5in
Armor 200mm or 7.87in

The Maus was a Super Heavy tank and was always under powered largly do to the late development time (1943) and never was a full production tank. However given a longer war... who knows.

Its large size in the game is because of its Gigantic size in real life.

Attachments

• maus1.zip
    177.8 KB · Views: 1,036
Animated image

Attachments

• maus.gif
    maus.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,958
I used this behemoth in Panzer General 2. It was pretty much invincible. But then again, so was the King Tiger.

If Germany had the production capacity of the US...holy crap.

All in all, it is a very nice unit indeed.

the only quibbles I have are the attack and death anims.

The death could be more spectacular and the drum at the rear of the maus changes to grey on the last frame...

The tracks have minor problems as well...nothing that ruins the enjoyment...
Best thing is though...this beast is BIG!!!

Nice work, and with a more expansive death anim, this will rule...!!!

:D

Originally posted by thestonesfan
I used this behemoth in Panzer General 2. It was pretty much invincible. But then again, so was the King Tiger.

If Germany had the production capacity of the US...holy crap.

Think U mistook this one with the King Tiger :)

No, I know they are two different tanks. I meant that they were both pretty much invincible.

Ah, yes. I too remember my days of Panzer General II. There was one mission of mine, always a favorite, defending the last 50 miles to Berlin. No holds barred, desperate battling for mere tiles. I loved the Maus. So much fun smashing through T34s with them. Damn Soviet Katyushas, though, late game the Allies got all the good artillery.

Originally posted by Audax Legatus
Ah, yes. I too remember my days of Panzer General II. There was one mission of mine, always a favorite, defending the last 50 miles to Berlin. No holds barred, desperate battling for mere tiles. I loved the Maus. So much fun smashing through T34s with them. Damn Soviet Katyushas, though, late game the Allies got all the good artillery.

2D strategy! those halcyon days!
I recall Talonsoft's Eastern front too...great game!

And I agree...those damn Soviets!

Yeah, the allies had mean artillery, but what about their damn airplanes? Brutal!

But it was pathetic to watch them try to stem the tide of my iron legions.

Originally posted by thestonesfan
Yeah, the allies had mean artillery, but what about their damn airplanes? Brutal!

But it was pathetic to watch them try to stem the tide of my iron legions.

erm...they won...;)

Top Bottom