Europe 362x260 with East US for WW2

aeldrik

from CIV1 to infinity
Added today a first Conquest version of the map, basically just addind marshes, Volcanoes, and the extra civs, as well as a few of the new ressources. Of course with all new Conquest units...
also tried (thx Exel) to correct Finland and Russia, hope it is better
have fun:

Conquest (last updated Nov. 11th):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/EuropeXXLb.zip

PTW(last updated Oct. 20th):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/Europeww2-v2.zip

I will off course leave the old version for PTW

This is a corrected Version of the map, changes are:
Denmark
South of France
Italy
Corsica and Sardigna
Nile Delta

Please let me know what else needs correcting

This is a map I made for a WW2 scenario, I'm still waiting for conquest to finish the scenario....
I put parts of the eastern US on the map( I know the Northern parts of Canada look a little bit strange, but since there aren't any cities up there...), as well as North Africa.

other maps:
Europe XL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1375996#post1375996
World XXL: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1136770#post1136770

Attachments

• europeww2sml.jpg
    europeww2sml.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 11,547
This map is pure class! You can use it for just about any european scenario you can think of.

Brilliant!

On the whole...spectacular.

There are three areas I'd like to see improved...

1. The Nile Delta. Please use the same level of detail and attention used almost everywhere else here as that isn't an accurate portrayal of that area. At least soon with the release of conquests you'll have marsh to work with there and in Iraq.

2. The coast of France along the Gulf of Lyon I think should be extended by one tile into the Mediterranean along much of its length. France looks to be holding in her belly too tightly ;)

3. Italy could do with a more detailed allocaiton of terrain and river alongside the flanks of the Appenines...

I could say more...for example as regarding resource allocation, but once again I don't want to be over-critical of a superb and immense map that must have taken alot of time to complete!

Well done and thanks :)

thx for the tips. Yes, I am waiting for Conquest to add the marshes and volcanoes.
I will try to correct what you told me. I already for Example changed the Region of Denmark to make it more accurate.
The point of placing the ressources is a good one, since it is very hard of knowing where to place Ivory, Dyes,.... in sufficient numbers in Europe...
thx to all for the comments, please be as specific as possible to the parts you think need Improving, it helps a lot....

Marshes in Europe :

- Pripet
- Lake District (UK)
- Sologne (France)
- small or large Mediterrenean rivers arrival into the sea were usually marshes before being drained (Camargue, Po or Tibere, Ebre,... have marshes when they meet the sea, so has the Nile).
- Sweden, Finland and Russia would have a few, and maybe western Ireland to represent its badlands.

Just some ideas.
I will give you a bit of time before listing it in the directory. BTW I need to know if there are resources as well.

@ Loulong: thx for the info, some of them were already one the map, I'll add the missing ones.
one big problem with the marshes in CIV, they only go on top of grasslands, meaning you have to choose whether hills, plains, OR Grassland... that's why I can't put allmost any in the mediteranean area..
you can list it any time you want (the thread, not the file), I'll keept updating the link in this thread as long as people give me good hints to improve the map
PS: ressources are already on the map

Nice. But would you mind fixing the north-eastern part of the map (Finland and Russia). It's rather off...

hey aeldrik,

first of all i must say that your map rules man. its huge, more or less realistic and accurate. guess there're lotsa work and patience involved too!

what i wanted to suggess or rather ask you is to give the proper names for the barbarian camps (like Apache indians in America f.e.) and maybe also to make the resources proportions more realistic. for example, how come that in whole Russia there're less resources than in Europe? a lot of oil in arabia & little in Russia (2nd largest expoter in the world)?

those are a few suggestions, even small details if you want. but i think they'd improve the gameplay a lot!!

for the rest i think this is the best map i've seen so far. great job man!

What about the oil fields in Romania. Romania was Germany's main supplier of oil in ww2 was it not? And Algeria should have some oil.

Oild fields in Romania : very true, the Ploesti oil fields were an important source of oil for Nazi Germany during WWII.
Of course on a world map they would not compare to Caucase (Baku) or to Koweit and not show but on a map of Europe it is actuall one of the few places where you have oil.

Algeria has oil but it is true natural gas resources is even more important. Now, at Civ3 scale, I would not focus too much on the difference anyway.

BTW Greece looks quite OK for a map of this size. Maybe just try to point slightly more the three southern peninsulas to avoid the shrunk North-South effect.

would you mind if i made a mod with this map? it would be a ww2 Euro Theate map for conquests

@the Moyle, go ahead, but the Map is very big, be too carefull not to put too many cities on it, or the game will be very slow (speaking out of experience), I'd recommend you wait 'till I release the smaller map... (maybe today)

Top Bottom