[GS] 【1.0.0.314】another trading bug (really impressive one) (Should be Fixed -- Hotfix)

I'm playing on prince with 15 civs + 15 cs, normal speed, huge map; so far I didn't notice anything strange.

It sounds like the devs are still trying to squash this and other related trade bugs? The big Q is, once it's fixed, how long do we have to wait for it to come into play in a hotfix or patch? PLEASE Firaxis I was sooo pysched about GS don't want to leave the game on the shelf for another two months!

I tend to play at Online speed, and I think that:

The AI think that 1 GPT is equal to roughly 14.2 Gold. Basicly, I could exchange 100 GPT for 1416 Gold.

For example, the IA want me to pay 18GPT+2 pour 20 Diplomatic Favors. I can change it to 259 Gold instead, saving more than half the Gold cost over time. Then I could sell back to 18GPT+2, then buy back to 259 Gold. Basicly, you can convert your flat Gold into GPT for a 14.2 rate.
It could be an amazing tools in the early game: without any GPT, enemies can't sustain an army without dissolving it but you allow him to speed up his early game by straight buying.

Strategic ressource have high value when they have less than 20. For example, if the AI have 8 Horse, I can sell it 12 Horse at an amazing price, but 13 get back to 1 Gold. Maybe for higher speed it is different (20 is the minimal amount for 1 unit I guess). The value is pretty linear in that case between 1 and 11 Horse, but, somehow, the IA is willing to give 50% more for exactly 12 (so it would have exactly 20).

The AI don't sell linear. 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 Iron is costing 5, 1GPT+2 (17), 2GPT+8 (38), 4GPT+9 (67), and 7GPT+4 (105). But you can buy 5 times 1 Iron to 5 Gold. Your Iron is worth 4 Gold. Basicly you can buy 20 times 1 Iron for 100 Gold, and sell 20 Iron to 120 Gold (due to +50% increase for exactly 20) that magicly convert to 8GPT+5.

Last edited:
Patch is released already. Fantastic work Firaxis .Just in time for me to get back from holidays and continue my Scotland game

Very few fixes for the large amount of reported issues. See Bug Reports thread. :thumbsdown:

Any idea when the fix will be live for Mac? I tried a game last night and the trade bug was still there.

Any idea when the fix will be live for Mac? I tried a game last night and the trade bug was still there.

We don't know. AspyrRyan confirmed to me that Mac and Linux users didn't have it, but hasn't answered this question. And no one from Aspyr has answered it over on Steam either.

So I've just got back from holiday, game was broken at the perfect time for me really as wasn't able to play anyway ;)

I had a save just before Persia offered me peace for 29GPT in the Classical era, they now offered 15GPT only. Seems a lot better and that wasn't specifically mentioned in the patch notes which focused more on trading for favour and luxuries etc.

Great work.

I’ve gotten back to the game and trading is working perfectly, thanks again to the devs for listening and fixing it quickly!

I’ve gotten back to the game and trading is working perfectly, thanks again to the devs for listening and fixing it quickly!

I wouldn't say perfectly. To me, it's on the cheap side now. Strats are not strategic anymore, as it was before the update that created the outrage. Still needs some balancing.

Top Bottom