1.17f = the dumbest, most unreasonable trade requests

Exsanguination

No longer here
Pour example:

-Bronze Working, Alphabet for the Wheel
-I have Masonry, Alphabet, Bronze Working, 30 gold - AI can't make a deal for the Wheel

Just some examples of the most unreasonable trade requests I've seen, mostly in the ancient. Talk about "aggressive" tech trading! Also, it's only been since 1.17f that I've seen these disturbing requests. I HATE 1.17f!!! I hope a new patch comes out soon... back to 1.16 for me.

You'll also get things like:

What will you give me for Furs?

3 techs
all their gold
10-30 gpt

Just depends on what they need at that time, I guess...

Unbelievable.

I, for one, also hate the new trading system, because it did ruin the tech race...

... Except for me. I never receive those sweet deals, like, a tech for a gold. The AI always tries to rip me off (even when I’m militarily stronger and leading the history graphic).

I watch amazed people saying that they get that a lot. Also, when I make troops for an invasion, i never manage to have such a high success ratio as some here claims (and I don't doubt) they have, no matter the fact that I also use combined troops with lots of artillery.

I really can't guess what am I doing wrong in the game... Well, heavens, perhaps it's a blessing instead of a curse, because it's assured that, at least for me, civilization will always be challenging.

Anyway, I agree with the original post. The AI is irrational and stubborn about it.

Regards :) .

Originally posted by Mavfin
You'll also get things like:

What will you give me for Furs?

3 techs
all their gold
10-30 gpt

Just depends on what they need at that time, I guess...

really?

for me: i give furs for mmm... maybe 10 gold?

I've also offered furs to a Civ with tons of Gold and luxuries to offer, and got told they had no interest in it....or offered 1 gold for it...

It's not just trade.

I recently finished off exterminating the formerly Glorious Japanese. I tried SIX TIMES to talk to them and they refused my envoy every time and never asked for an audience.

I have long said the Diplomatic AI is SUICIDAL. :crazyeye:

It's always nice to get the AI back when they only will accept unfair bargains.

One time when I was playing, the Zulas would always try to bug me with offers of them giving me a useless tech that I didn't want, for around 3 of my important ones plus about 50 gold. I got sick of them and took over every city except one small one. I tried talking to them the whole time but they wouldn't listen. Finally when I surrounded their capital with around 10 tanks did they want to talk. So I took all of their gold, that lousy tech, their world map, and contact with some far of civilization for a peace treaty. :lol:

The next turn I attacked them and destroyed their civilization.:D

RE: my above post.

By insanely refusing to see my envoy - and thus forcing me into a lengthy war of extermination right down to their last island town - the Japanese were helping the other remaining civs. Thus, we see again with 1.17 it is the human against the world :mad:

Originally posted by smallstepforman
Sometimes it works the other way.

ie. Gunpowder = 1 gold

It may seem amazingly generous of them to sell you gunpowder for one gold, but they do it when you're going to research that tech the next turn anyway lol!

It also works when you try selling your techs, the nearer their research is complete, the less they'll offer to buy the tech off you:egypt:

What I REALLY hate is when you ask for a trade for their map. I know the map is valuable in game terms, but if this were even semi-realistic they'd trade me their world map for 300 gold, Military Tradition, Nationalism, furs, etc. instead of "Don't see how such a trade is possible" crap! I've even had a Civ down to about 5 cities when they started with about sixteen and with my troops advancing on their (now 5th) capital. I ask for peace and their world map to end it all and they tell me to blow! STUPID!

Originally posted by Angelic_Tyrant

It may seem amazingly generous of them to sell you gunpowder for one gold, but they do it when you're going to research that tech the next turn anyway lol!

It also works when you try selling your techs, the nearer their research is complete, the less they'll offer to buy the tech off you:egypt:

yea... how do they know all this info about you? I find it kinda stupid...

Originally posted by Zouave
It's not just trade.

I recently finished off exterminating the formerly Glorious Japanese. I tried SIX TIMES to talk to them and they refused my envoy every time and never asked for an audience.

I have long said the Diplomatic AI is SUICIDAL. :crazyeye:

Sounds a bit like World War II.

My experience has been mixed. Normally when I try to trade for a luxury resource, the AI asks for way too much - usually on the order of two luxuries, gold and a map. However, once they have finished trading a new tech amonget themselves, I can generally buy it for a fraction of what I would be willing to pay. It seems to me that the AI is trying to make include factors like relative abundance/availability and value to the receiver with varying degrees of success. I will say that when it comes to trading for strategic resources that they lack, the AI always seems to make a good offer in my games.

Top Bottom