• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Getting women to like you?

Yaniv

Prince
Yep, I'm a loser. I'm 21 and I've never gotten a girl to like me. :blush:
As fellow members in this grand forum, please share your advice with me, and any other member who may be in need.
So, how do you do it?

Whats worked for me is really to just be nice and approachible. If you appear to have self-confidence, and are a nice guy, good things will eventually happen to you. My 2 cents

Women want diferent things. What do you have to offer (assets)?

Be nice and witty, and do something about your looks! (Even though I don't know how you look that's usually a good answer, 'cause most "losers" wear ugly clothes).

If I sound hard I'm sorry, I'm just trying to help.

There is only one unanimous answer to that: Self-Confidence. Physical appearance is a minor factor compared to it. Girls are attracted to man who give the image of being confident and comfortable with who they are (probably cause girls aren't!).
But this isn't something you can fake, you have to work on yourself and become really self-confident/proud of yourslef, etc. Only then can you expect a girl to really fall for you.

The worst thing that girls really hate is when a guy tells her about his problems all the time, so the worst thing you can do is hope that your life will change once you meet THE girl.

I never had a grilfriend before I got 20, because of lack of self-confidence. But then I stopped smoking drugs, started training, etc. untill the day I really felt good about myslef, since then the chicks have started falling foir me!! And I'm now with my g/f since 2002!

The key is to recognize the signals from the ones that do like you. Now don’t ask me I was never very good at this but it involves her using some excuse to touch you, laughing at your jokes and a certain look in the eye. Don’t know why they don’t just come out and say it, I guess the same reason we don’t: fear of a humiliating rejection.

1. Be approachable and be available.
That is, looking down at the ground, or always avoiding eye-contact, or staying indoor is neither.

2. Ultimately, the only way to go is to talk to people.
Thus, how to 'make' a woman like you is exactly the same for the other sex. You must make some form of connection - which is rarely made at a club, for instance, since the music is loud, and you're usually surrounded by people so busy 'trying' their too busy to connect :p

3. I would doubt you are a loser.
One of my best friends I think is the height of cool - he's like this adventure sports guru, has travelled overseas, and climbed mountains. But he's 25 and hasn't had a girlfriend - despite 'liking girls'. More importantly, he's one of the best people I know, and :p not too shabby looking, even if I'm not really a 'guys guy' ;)

So, relax, start small, and:

Be Brave, Be Honest, Be Good.

what I find funny is this!

a bunch of mostly male net geeks (one of the reasons why they are here is because they cannot find girls) advising another on how to get girls! :mischief:

yeah right!

Rhymes said:
There is only one unanimous answer to that: Self-Confidence. Physical appearance is a minor factor compared to it. Girls are attracted to man who give the image of being confident and comfortable with who they are (probably cause girls aren't!).
But this isn't something you can fake, you have to work on yourself and become really self-confident/proud of yourslef, etc. Only then can you expect a girl to really fall for you.

;) so, walk like you're the bomb, but don't think you're the bomb ;) few people like arrogance.

betazed said:

a bunch of mostly male net geeks (one of the reasons why they are here is because they cannot find girls) advising another on how to get girls! :mischief:

yeah right!

Dont you know there are no geeks in Montreal? ;)
The main reason I'm here is cause my girlfriend knows nothing about politics or religions or anything else besides shopping!

betazed said:

yeah right!

just because you're a geek doesnt mean you cant have a girlfriend. Some girls are a little geekish too. Besides, if Guy geeks could NEVER find girls, how do we keep having more geeks?

10Seven said:
;) so, walk like you're the bomb, but don't think you're the bomb ;) few people like arrogance.

Actually its walk like your da bomb AND think your da bomb. That'll work I promess, unless you cant come to think your the bomb.
If you dont brag, its not really arrogance.

betazed said:

yeah right!

Well, I'd wonder how true that actually is - I'm here avoiding study and housework while my 'girl' is at work, and I'm looking after my son :p

MattBrown said:
just because you're a geek doesnt mean you cant have a girlfriend. Some girls are a little geekish too.

you don't find a gf because you are a geek but inspite of being a geek.

Besides, if Guy geeks could NEVER find girls, how do we keep having more geeks?

because geekiness is not heritable. Geekiness is a infectious disease that not everybody is immune to.

The Last Conformist said:
I suppose the self-confidence thing is why women often fall for sociopaths.

:lol: :eek:

get drunk and go out,there's always some desperate one who'll take ya

Top Bottom