2010 Sept. GOTM - Southeast Asia

jpciv

Warlord
Yes, it's a few days early for September, but the map's ready, and if some folks have to go back to school, maybe there's time now when there won't be later, LOL!

This map starts in 4000BC, you can pick your level, pick your # Civs, pick your civ, and play using this SE Asia map. It's suitable for Despotic Conquest through Space Race, whatever flavor you prefer.

I've tried to be reasonably accurate with the geography, but when accuracy got in the way of playability, accuracy lost. Oh well! :)

On the mainland it starts with Myanmar (Burma), runs through Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Southern China (including Hong Kong, Macao, Hainan and Taiwan Islands, and the provinces of Yunnan, Guangxi, Guangdong, and Fujian).

In the islands, you have The Philippines, Borneo, Sulawesi, New Guinea, Sumatra, Java, Bali and Lombok, Flores, and all the way down to Timor.

This map represents a time when lower sea levels linked all of the islands and the mainland into a single, contiguous stretch of land (so Hoover and Bach work everywhere at once!) (BTW, Wallace's line between the islands of Bali and Lombok has been ignored for playability)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ASEAN.zip
    249.1 KB · Views: 343
I'll download this and give it a go. It's a shame to have all these custom maps floating about with little interest in them, considering the work that has gone into the creation of them.

This is a fantastic piece of handiwork. Good job jpciv *thumbsup*

Very nice map. I've never seen such delicious land :drool:

Played up to 1AD. The version of Civ being used would make a huge difference to how this plays out. I'm using the most up to date version so when I was in despotism my cities were getting super unhappy people from size one (when my empire was getting pretty large). Luckily I managed to capture the hanging gardens which took the edge of the crippling unhappiness.

Anyway here's the save if anyone wants a look. I'm gearing up for another round of "We love the President Day!" so there'll be a huge population boom any day now.

Emperor Rev of the Irish :king:

Edit:1000 AD Save added. Barbs took a city but it's about to be retaken. Liberation of Longford!

Attachments

• Rev of the Irish.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 277
  • Rev 1000 AD.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 268
I agree, it is a nicely drawn map.

I'm new to this map editing, although I've been playing Civ 1 since I bought it new in the 1980's. As soon as I can figure out how to get the activation code for the level editor, I can try making a map of my own.

Top Bottom