2013 NFL Season

Comprehensive fail, but so far I think Demariyus Thomas wins the Least Valuable Player award.

Clearly the AFC team should be spotted deer-antler-spray before the next super bowl [again].

Congratulations to the Seahawks. They completely dominated the game, on both sides of the football. It was simply a slaughter. That safety on the very first play showed that the Broncos were not mentally there. I don't know what the Broncos can do in order to get to a Super Bowl and actually win it next year. But they should really consider boosting the defense. You can't depend on your offense to bail you out game after game.

That was really disappointing. I was expecting it to at least be close, but after that safety I had a feeling it was going to be bad. At least the halftime show was good.

Wow. Chrysler must have backed a semi full of money up to Bob Dylan's door.

As to the game - This is the first one in a while that gave me flashbacks to the Super Bores of the
70s - early 90s.

Malcolm Smith named MVP. It certainly should have been a defender.

So how do you all expect the Super Bowl to go? I think this oddly enough could be a blowout kind of game in favor of Seattle, the first since Tampa won its Super Bowl 10 years ago.

Called it. Didn't want to say it earlier at the chance of being mugged here - but Denver's team was top heavy and completely dependent on Peyton Manning. A few mistakes was all it took to sink the ship from the get go. I like seeing blowout Super Bowls though, been a while since we have seen a real one since like this though

:lol:

This Super Bowl was awesome.

Frankly I still think that any of the top 4 in the NFC would still have won the Super Bowl this year over the Broncos. Our defense while getting there, is still a bit off of SF's and Seattle's. And while SF or us may not (or may) have dominated the Broncos if we were in the Super Bowl instead, overall I think this season was one of the weakest years in the last decade for the AFC overall.

I'm really tired of these Peyton defenders. Sorry, Peyton doesn't get to have his ass kissed all year, have a huge circlejerk around him breaking records with a stacked offense and slanted rules against horrible teams, and then suddenly become blameless when he sucks donkey balls in the most important game of the season like he has in other important playoff games. Piss off, it's VERY fair to question a guy who's played mediocre at best in the biggest games, including 3 Super Bowls, if you media people want to say he's better than Joe Montana and everyone else, which is what you say when you call him "the greatest quarterback ever". The playoffs count too, guys.

He thinks it's "insulting" to say that performance was embarrassing. They lost 43-8 and threw as many touchdowns for the other team as he for his. The loaded offense didn't even show up. Their special teams blew it. That patchwork defense was keeping them in this game; I've very rarely seen a defense stand up Marshawn Lynch, deny him any yards after contact, and make him fall backwards/sideways the way Denver did and hold him to 2.6 per carry. Then Peyton throws that pick-six, Harvin returns that kickoff and everyone changed the channel. Someone want to describe to me what WOULD be embarassing?

Frankly I still think that any of the top 4 in the NFC would still have won the Super Bowl this year over the Broncos. Our defense while getting there, is still a bit off of SF's and Seattle's. And while SF or us may not (or may) have dominated the Broncos if we were in the Super Bowl instead, overall I think this season was one of the weakest years in the last decade for the AFC overall.

I felt like the AFC was mediocre all year, but I didn't realize how truly awful it was even at the top. Every division outside of the West was garbage but I at least thought the Patriots and Broncos were legit. I should have realized something was up when Talib went down in the AFC Championship and yet Denver was still pissing around and letting the Pats stay in a game they had no business competing in with that receiving corps.

I would give any of the NFC playoff teams except maybe Philly a shot against Denver, frankly, if you assume Rodgers was fully healthy and up to speed(which he didn't seem to be against SF). I think San Francisco, Carolina, and New Orleans would have all given Denver a big challenge and I'd give them all a great shot to win. Saints and 49ers both got stomped in the regular season, but in the playoffs San Francisco played really well at Seattle until they horribly screwed up the 4th quarter and their clock management. New Orleans' offense took a half to get going but their defense kept things close, making Russell Wilson have the worst statistical game of his career, and Brees didn't have any interceptions, let alone dumb ones. Denver was just dominated for a full 60 minutes on, if not a truly "neutral" site, a much more neutral one than CenturyLink. Hell, after what I just watched, throw Arizona in there lol.

Basically everything that went wrong went wrong. I mean even the kicker screwed up. What was up with that muffed kick off?

Was an amazing game, so happy! Came into the game not trusting R Wilson to get more than Manning. Was still nervous even after Harvin's td ... never ever expected such a drubbing! Imagine one touchdown from shutting out the greatest offense in NFL history?! Anyway, a great night for me as it's the first time a team I've supported has ever won a major prize! :trophy:

Basically everything that went wrong went wrong. I mean even the kicker screwed up. What was up with that muffed kick off?

Yep, plenty of blame to go around for the Broncos. Peyton played poorly including missing some open recievers early on. But unlike the year the Colts won, the team around him didn't bail him out. They were was as bad, if not worse.

When your first offensive snap goes into your own endzone... that is a precursor for getting your butt kicked.

That can not happen!

Yeah that was a pretty ominous beginning. I thought "well if you're going to make a catastrophic screw-up in the super bowl, the first 15 seconds is probably the best time to get that out of the way." Little did I know that was the first of many, many catastrophically bad screw-ups. They were not just bad, like fumbling, bad kicks, interceptions...but they were also all at the worst, most soul crushing times. Like "ooh they finally got a big first d--oh they fumbled." "OK this needs to be a big defensive st--aaaand they ran the kick off back for a touchdown." It was really tragic game for Bronco's fans (and anyone who bet on them.............)

I feel like the line makers and prognosticators who favored Denver might have been fooled by the stomping Denver put on NE. NE was in reality a flawed team playing an away game against a team whose strengths played against their weaknesses well. That game and the whole Peyton mystique sort of put an unrealistic gloss on Denver I think, and everyone forgot about teams like the old-school Ravens, who had great defenses that just squashed anyone. This Seahawks squad reminds me of those old ravens championship teams, only with a way better offense. Which is terrifying really.

Top Bottom