2013 NFL Season

Reluctance to throw downfield...

How did that work out?

Instead: Throw short passes and watch WR get pummeled- gain 5 yds.
Run the ball- gain 5 or 6 yds. Attempt to throw short-med passes and get intercepted.
Throw short to RB and watch him get pummeled/fumble. Hurry even short throws with feet shuffling like a tap-dancer= either incomplete, batted away or a sorry pass.
If over third and seven... throw ball away and hang fetus-head miserably.

Long passes might have worked... the world will never know.

Heck... a sack or throw away would have been better than what happened. At least if they intercepted it they might be alot further down the field instead of trotting into your own endzone. Maybe Denver's offense would have tackled better than the defense did late game.

Can you tell the SB disgusted me :mischief: .

Oh my god the amount of crying about DPI is insane.

It is true, though, people inside and outside the league have pointed out Seattle's DBs get away with murder beyond getting the most DPI calls in the league this year. Of course I think this would have been offset in this game, had Denver shown up, because they sure do love running those illegal pick plays; I especially saw Decker setting a lot of picks and not even being a little subtle about it.

I like the point Dachs brought up about the shorter passes, although I would still prefer Peyton's ducks to Bert Flacco's dick-waving contests with himself where he tries to see how far he can overthrow his receiver.

What a huge disappointment. I don't usually care so much about who wins as I do about it being a good game that is worth watching. In that regard, this was one of the worst Superbowl games ever.

Yeah needless to say I wasn't too happy with that performance

I think the worst part is that the defense did their job. Lynch was never able to get anywhere against Knighton. It's just hard to stop the other team when so many points are being scored when you're not on the field.

The defense sort've did their job. Seattle scored on all but 1 of their offensive possessions before the game was 36-0, and Wilson styled on your 3rd down defense all game long.

The defense sort've did their job. Seattle scored on all but 1 of their offensive possessions before the game was 36-0, and Wilson styled on your 3rd down defense all game long.

In fairness, it should be noted that Wilson also got several short fields to work with.
But yeah, he was a 3rd down conversion machine after the 1st 2 drives.

In fairness, it should be noted that Wilson also got several short fields to work with.
But yeah, he was a 3rd down conversion machine after the 1st 2 drives.

Which is interesting given that I have been pissed off at our 3rd down ability all year long. There were several games where I knew we wouldnt get the 3rd down (Cards, Niners) but in the SB I felt we could almost get them at will.

Congrats Mrt. :cool:

Peyton made his living with 4 wide, 2 WR on one side running a long & short hook patterns. The other side's WR run post patterns or go patterns.

Denver did not change anything THROUGHOUT the game. After your WR get knocked around and you can't convert anything over 7 yds with the passing game--- TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

I don't know if the coaches were saying 'we need to try this' and Peyton said 'no I got it' or what??? Alot of coaches just suggest anyway to these veterans of high standing.

All season Peyton goes to the line, calls out line blocking assignments, calls/changes plays, and looks over the defense BEFORE the ball is snapped. Why not this game... why did the center snap it so soon? I believe someone like Brady or Marino would have blown him out right then and there on the sideline. Just CAN NOT HAPPEN.

Welker was the only one that looked in his element. He is one of the best option-route runners in history... maybe they should have tried ONCE or TWICE!!!! The Seahawks were playing the same defense they always did with the umbrella zone underneath.
I bet the WRs had to draw straws in the huddle to do those short crossing routes. Short straw goes across the middle to meet Mr.Cameron and Co. :eek:

They were getting 6 and 7 yds on most running plays. Why didn't they help against AVRIL??? They were not throwing to the TE... leave him to block the guy. He was in Peyton's grill all night. He was MVP IMO. Harvin broke their back tho.

Heck... try anything but what they did. :mad:

Denver should be banned from the SuperBowl for a few years as punishment for such a poor showing. That stunk.

I heard recently that the Superbowl was fixed. My brother has been saying NFL games were fixed for years, and I always argued with him that they weren't. But after this game, I'm not so sure anymore. It really did look like Denver threw the game on purpose.

But I do agree with you Denver should be banned from the Superbowl. Even if they didn't intentionally throw the game, that was pathetic. Our UNLV football team could have beaten them (and our team is pretty bad). They didn't look like they belonged in the Superbowl.

At this point I think it's time to seriously discuss changing the playoffs in the NFL. And no I don't mean the commissioner's greedy expanding the teams by 2. What I'm talking about is taking away divisional and conference preferences. First of all, Arizona (my team) should have been in, and not the Packers. And secondly, there should have been 2 NFC teams playing the superbowl. I know it's a radical change. And many of you say this is the worst superbowl, do you not remember how badly the Cowboys beat teams in the 90's? Didn't the Elway Broncos dominate as well those 2 years they won? And what about the blowouts of the 49'rs? There is too much disparity between the conferences. And the 2 best teams aren't meeting up in the superbowl.

I'm a Peyton Manning fan, but I realize now he's too old. He can't throw the long ball anymore (a necessity for a pocket QB). And perhaps it's the end of an era for pocket quarterbacks. There's no place for QB's like Peyton anymore. They just can't perform against good defenses.

But I do agree with you Denver should be banned from the Superbowl. Even if they didn't intentionally throw the game, that was pathetic. Our UNLV football team could have beaten them (and our team is pretty bad). They didn't look like they belonged in the Superbowl.

And secondly, there should have been 2 NFC teams playing the superbowl. I know it's a radical change. And many of you say this is the worst superbowl, do you not remember how badly the Cowboys beat teams in the 90's? Didn't the Elway Broncos dominate as well those 2 years they won? And what about the blowouts of the 49'rs? There is too much disparity between the conferences. And the 2 best teams aren't meeting up in the superbowl.

I'm a Peyton Manning fan, but I realize now he's too old. He can't throw the long ball anymore (a necessity for a pocket QB). And perhaps it's the end of an era for pocket quarterbacks. There's no place for QB's like Peyton anymore. They just can't perform against good defenses.

Uhhh no:

S[mall]S[ample]S[ize].

Going into the playoffs the Broncos were statistically the 2nd best team in the NFL of that year by DVOA and EPA, both of which are weighted for strength of schedule considerations. Every team in the NFL can have an off-day - the Broncos were just unlucky enough to have that happen on the most important game of the season. I wouldn't call the Broncos a bad team, or even a mediocre team, but rather, a very very good team which had the misfortune of having nothing go in their favor last night.

Plus a lot of injuries.

I still don't believe it. If the Broncos were that good, why did they suck then? If that is the case then, that proves my earlier point they threw the game on purpose.

It's plainly obvious that a 49'rs/Seahawks superbowl would have been more entertaining. Because I doubt the Broncos could have beat the 49'rs if they met them in like a final 4 playoff scenario.

The only problem there is statistically the Broncos were better than the 49'rs, but in actuality they weren't (even the Cardinals could have beaten the Broncos most likely). The only solution is more inter conference play during the regular season. Doubtful anything will change, because the NFL doesn't want to mess with division rivalries. But I still say the Broncos were not truly tested all season long.

I still don't believe it. If the Broncos were that good, why did they suck then? If that is the case then, that proves my earlier point they threw the game on purpose.

It's plainly obvious that a 49'rs/Seahawks superbowl would have been more entertaining. Because I doubt the Broncos could have beat the 49'rs if they met them in like a final 4 playoff scenario.

The only problem there is statistically the Broncos were better than the 49'rs, but in actuality they weren't (even the Cardinals could have beaten the Broncos most likely). The only solution is more inter conference play during the regular season. Doubtful anything will change, because the NFL doesn't want to mess with division rivalries. But I still say the Broncos were not truly tested all season long.

Because every team is capable of having a bad game. The Bills beat the Panthers, The Redskins beat the Bears, The Texans almost beat the Chiefs. The Colts beat the Hags and the Broncos, The Hags almost got beat by the Texans this year for crying out loud.

Bad games happen but man oh man, what a time to have a bad game and not seemingly be able to do anything about it.

It wasn't just a bad game. It was a HORRIBLE game, right from the first snap. It looked like a high school team playing against an NFL team.

Because every team is capable of having a bad game. The Bills beat the Panthers, The Redskins beat the Bears, The Texans almost beat the Chiefs. The Colts beat the Hags and the Broncos, The Hags almost got beat by the Texans this year for crying out loud.

The Seahawks at one point trailed by 20 points against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at home, and only won in overtime.

The seahawks were remarkable in their ability to seemingly not lose games. Even their losses were fairly close. It was uncanny. after that tampa bay game I truly believed we could win every single game and the only reason we wouldnt is because our offense didnt execute at all. Believing your own hype is powerful stuff.

Multiple outlets confirming the 49ers almost traded Harbaugh to the Browns for draft picks o_O

Niners are denying, Browns issued a non-statement statement that doesn't confirm or deny

I'd heard that Harbaugh and Baalke weren't fond of each other but I figured that was just overhyped media crap

That makes me wonder what the timeline was in Cleveland, did they fire Chud planning to go for Harbaugh? Did he come up after the fact? Is this why all the coaches were staying away? Did Lombardi/Banner get fired because they bungled this? That would actually make the whole puzzle make more sense.

Agreed, and firing Chud to take a (what they believed to be) good shot at Harbaugh is defensible imo.

Chris Mortensen confirmed the substance of it, too, which is why I said multiple outlets. Frankly I thought Florio was just blowing smoke up people's asses, too, but having others confirm it makes it a lot more believable and, again, it actually kinda fills in some piece of the puzzle.

Top Bottom