2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to whether "the Trump administration has done well" is going to be in the eye of the beholder. Way back when, I created my metric of success that I thought was independent of my partisan or socioeconomic leanings - the ability to bring down drug prices by changing the destructive incentive structure.

That destructive incentive structure was well-articulated and discoverable. Sure, the priorities of the direction of the fixes will be based on partisan inclinations. But the 'wanted' direction was known.

I can say that Trump's administration is a failure because it failed to improve healthcare delivery or increase the ability to rebuild infrastructure. But I cannot remove my partisan interpretation there. Kneecapping Big Pharma's abuses was doable and the outcome easy to measure.

As to whether "the Trump administration has done well" is going to be in the eye of the beholder. Way back when, I created my metric of success that I thought was independent of my partisan or socioeconomic leanings - the ability to bring down drug prices by changing the destructive incentive structure.

That destructive incentive structure was well-articulated and discoverable. Sure, the priorities of the direction of the fixes will be based on partisan inclinations. But the 'wanted' direction was known.

I can say that Trump's administration is a failure because it failed to improve healthcare delivery or increase the ability to rebuild infrastructure. But I cannot remove my partisan interpretation there. Kneecapping Big Pharma's abuses was doable and the outcome easy to measure.
And for two years Trump had the House and Senate.

Trump is definitely the biggest dove we have had in the Oval Office in my lifetime. I hate to think what we would be knee deep in if hillary had won.

Trump is only a dove if you only include American lifes in your calculation (and of course confine it to War). If you just look at the relaxations of rules regarding civilian casualties in regards to drone strikes.

And I'd wager the only reason Trump hasn't started a full blown war is that his administration is just too chaotic to get anything constructive done. A war requires planning, and well, they are just not good at it. Just look at Infrastructure Week.

Definitely not the worst, since Trump's administration has performed well. I give you that the optics are poor.

Trump is definitely the biggest dove we have had in the Oval Office in my lifetime. I hate to think what we would be knee deep in if hillary had won.
You are forgetting his war against the American people and its 230,000 dead and millions of casualties.

And for two years Trump had the House and Senate.

Yep. It's why I tried to focus on something that was (a) easy (b) doable and (c) measurable. We all disagree a little about how pharma should be done. But the current setup is well-outside of where our partisan politics disagree. It's 100% going to be about effectiveness.

And I'd wager the only reason Trump hasn't started a full blown war is that his administration is just too chaotic to get anything constructive done.

Between his 'fire and fury' talk about N. Korea, killing that Iranian general, and randomly going after Venezuela, it sure seemed like he wanted to go to war at times.

Between his 'fire and fury' talk about N. Korea, killing that Iranian general, and randomly going after Venezuela, it sure seemed like he wanted to go to war at times.

Yeah, pretending that Trump is a dove is utterly hilarious. He accelerated the use of force way beyond what was the norm when he took over. And beyond the stuff you mention, there were also multiple instances of Trump having the most moronic ideas to solve an issue by force, only for his military leaders or advisors either talking him out of it or flat out ignoring what he was saying altogether.

You know you are not a dove when some of the most hawkish personal from the Republican neo-con era have to talk you out of things.

Trump is a dove in the same way Republicans are "fiscally responsible": not at all. But I guess in the minds of certain Republican voters pretending that something is true is as good as it actually being true.

Well apparently Lindsey Graham thinks women and blacks do have a place in America:
“I want every young woman to know there’s a place for you in America if you are pro-life, if you embrace your religion and you follow a traditional family structure — that you can go anywhere, young lady,” said Mr. Graham, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee who is facing a surprisingly strong challenge from Jaime Harrison, a Democrat, who is Black.

“First @LindseyGrahamSC said that Black folks can do anything in SC… as long as they’re conservative,” Mr. Harrison wrote in a Tweet early Sunday. “Now he says young women can have a place in America if they’re pro-life and come from ‘traditional families.’ Any other requirements we should know about, Lindsey?”

Mr. Graham, speaking at a campaign event in Conway, S.C., made the comments after praising Justice Amy Coney Barrett as an example for other women to follow.

The fact that the GOP has basically abandoned any pretense and are openly going to court to protect their efforts to suppress the vote would be pretty wild in a normal country. The mask is completely gone at this point and people like @onejayhawk and @bernie14 will continue to vote and defend them because they love this direction they're going down

Biden blowing his Politics Mana on the guy that’s already lost? Pfft, that’s just whizzing away a victory. He’s already got the coronavirus to contend with—the postmortem of Trump’s presidency is a federal nonissue.

Lock her up!

Mrs. Clinton remains a free citizen. Trump, despite bumbling almost everything else, didn’t blow it on trying to nail the Clintons (whether their wrongdoings were fiction or not.)
Still, Trump managed to look very ridiculous by still shouting HILLARY CLINTON whenever he could.
Look, if you vote GOP in 2020, you're doing so because you're either comfortable with bigotry and support it, or think it's an acceptable price to pay for getting what you want, which functionally makes them bigots regardless of intent
At this point it's either that you're simply a bigot-fascist-etc. or that you're willing to make a deal with them (enable them) for some sort of benefit.
The persecution complex is built right into the teachings of the Abrahamic religions. Literally anyone who resists conformity is "persecuting" them.
Not necessarily, althought USian Evangelical Christianity is a weird thing under which so many varians hide that they're unclassifiable. It's just an umbrella term at this point.
Well apparently Lindsey Graham thinks women and blacks do have a place in America:
The kitchen and the plantation, I suppose.

At this point it's either that you're simply a bigot-fascist-etc. or that you're willing to make a deal with them (enable them) for some sort of benefit.

Basically you have to be a bad person, utterly bereft of morals to vote and support the gop

Basically you have to be a bad person, utterly bereft of morals to vote and support the gop

Way I see it it's an unholy marriage between hard right religious zealotry and hard core free market economics.

When even the Pope and other right wingers are saying yeah nah it gives you an idea.

Sup guys. Big day for US folks tommorrow eh ?! btw im not from US

So, after reading quite a lot of info, articles...the conclusion I got from them is, doesn't matter who wins tommorow, there gonna be riots on streets..
Thats just sad..and crazy. Do you people hate eachother in US so much? I understand riots against goverment like in france yellow jackets but against eachother?!

Sup guys. Big day for US folks tommorrow eh ?! btw im not from US
I'd assume Baltic from your username.
Naktis said:
So, after reading quite a lot of info, articles...the conclusion I got from them is, doesn't matter who wins tommorow, there gonna be riots on streets..
Thats just sad..and crazy. Do you people hate eachother in US so much? I understand riots against goverment like in france yellow jackets but against eachother?!
I am of the view that the US Civil War ended in an armistice.

Moderator Action: I think that when you folks get to post 10,000, it might be an idea to make part 3 of this thread, if that is OK with everyone.

Moderator Action: I think that when you folks get to post 10,000, it might be an idea to make part 3 of this thread, if that is OK with everyone.

What about when we get to page 538?

@Drakle

Hard Call Biden: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Maine, Maine 1D, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington

Soft Call Biden: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska 2D, Nevada, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin

Toss Up: Maine 2D, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas

Soft Call Trump: Iowa, Montana, Nebraska 1D

Hard Call Trump: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missipi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nebraska 3D, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia, Wyoming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom