3000 Years of Rome (RFC)

i hope you nuke the f***ing :):):):) out of germany and it allies and laid them to waste! all hail rome! and good story!

i hope you nuke the f***ing :):):):) out of germany and it allies and laid them to waste! all hail rome! and good story!

I just spent the last two hours building up my nukes. Believe me, I am prepared for wiping those Nazis, er, Germans out. I wish Bismarck would adopt police state, then I could fight Nazis...

You do know that from 750BC-2350AD it's 3100 not 3000 (3000-750=2250 not 2350).Anyway again a nice update and your taking of Spain reminded me when I (as bismarck) took spain in one turn with my panzers(something around 15-18) while they had only one machinegun and the rest riflemen (man that was so cool but it made me collapse so I unfortunately had to reload)

You do know that from 750BC-2350AD it's 3100 not 3000 (3000-750=2250 not 2350).Anyway again a nice update and your taking of Spain reminded me when I (as bismarck) took spain in one turn with my panzers(something around 15-18) while they had only one machinegun and the rest riflemen (man that was so cool but it made me collapse so I unfortunately had to reload)

Oh... Well, this game just got shorter. And there was much rejoicing!

I am pleased to announce, as of thirty minutes ago, the game has made it to the year 2250, 3000 years have passed. Though whether I achieved my goal or not, is for me to know and you to find out. Soon. I want to get the last 30 or so images up ASAP, so I can start something new.

The Iberian peninsula is mine once more, for the first time in thousands of years.

Spoiler :

Not for long though. Frakkin' Germans and their giant army and many, many cities...

Spoiler :

As you may infer, I cut my losses and began to pull out of cities I couldn't defend, that, and it seemed I could collapse soon, so I wanted my best units in Constantinopolis, lest the worst happen.

Spoiler :

Lost Solin to them... Don't worry, I dropped a nuke on it and got it back the very same turn. That's right, I nuked my own people. I am a wicked leader.

Spoiler :

And just to frustrate everyone, I gave back Toledum and Nova Carthago/Cartegna to the Germans for peace. There goes some hard-earned victories down the drain. Don't worry, I'll get my revenge tenfold. Just you wait...

Spoiler :

Dangit, I'm number 3! Don't worry, I'll get my revenge tenfold... Just you wait...

Spoiler :

The key to victory is having lots of close allies, namely, little Vassal States that don't do anything. Well, Arabia actually helps quite a bit about 20 turns down the game.

Spoiler :

There probably was a reason I took this screenshot, but I don't recall it now.

Spoiler :

Gee, people sure hate free speech. Gandhi of all people, too!

Spoiler :

Gee, this sure is late to found a city, in Europe of all places, too. El oh elz.

This post isn't officially over, I'll have another ten up in a few minutes. 15 or so.

Attachments

• Con153.jpg
    Con153.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 1,292
  • Con154.jpg
    Con154.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Con155.jpg
    Con155.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 1,290
  • Con156.jpg
    Con156.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 1,285
  • Con157.jpg
    Con157.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 1,305
  • Con158.jpg
    Con158.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,288
  • Con161.jpg
    Con161.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 1,271
  • Con160.jpg
    Con160.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Con159.jpg
    Con159.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,269
  • Con162.jpg
    Con162.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 1,269
Alright, we have a problem. I accidently closed this tab (because Google Chrome made the x button really easy to accidently push), and now the pictures will probably not show up. I don't have the time to re-upload them, I have dinner to eat and stuff to do, so you'll have to wait a few more hours for the exciting conclusion of this game.

Edit: Wait a second, there seems to be stuff attached, but it wasn't showing up on the place where you type and stuff. I'm confused and my wrist hurts. You guys can probably figure out what's up going by them for now.

Edit: Alright, time to make sense of these:

As you can see, Mongolia has collapsed, and Germany is on the fast track to that as well, if the keep taking cities in North America and Asia (They were going after the ex-Mongol cities around this time too).

Spoiler :

Look, Persians!

Spoiler :

And Gandhi... Nuking people... Combine that with him going so vehemently against Free Speech... I don't think this is the Gandhi we all knew and loved here in the real world.

Spoiler :

Bismarck, you dirty little warmonger! You know what, I'm tired of your games. We're finishing this, here and now.

Spoiler :

Gee, pretty stupid to leave your capital wide open for attack. Especially with people who like to orchestrate the collapses of civilizations. Does anyone know why the AI in RFC do this?

Spoiler :

Anyways, I answer his threats with force. Nuclear force.

Spoiler :

And more nuclear force. You can never have to much overkill.

Spoiler :

Muhahahaha! For I am many wickeds! I now burn Berlin to the ground! Take that, you... Uh, they're not Nazis, so... Democratic Republicans of Germany! This war would have been a lot more fun if I was fighting Nazis. It'd be like WWII, but WWIV.

Spoiler :

They send a decent sized stack at Ludududnunm or whatever that place is called. I use the only answer I know how to respond with: Nuke it!

Spoiler :

Yea, not such the warmonger now, are ya'? That's right, sit down! You just got your rear end PWNT by the Roman Empire! Your "democracy" and "rights" can go suck it!

This post is not officially over, stay tuned for the third and final one.

Attachments

• Con164.jpg
    Con164.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Con165.jpg
    Con165.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Con169.jpg
    Con169.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 1,274
  • Con168.jpg
    Con168.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Con167.jpg
    Con167.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,243
  • Con170.jpg
    Con170.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 1,261
  • Con171.jpg
    Con171.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Con172.jpg
    Con172.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,279
  • Con173.jpg
    Con173.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Con174.jpg
    Con174.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,254
That's okay. We'll decipher the meaning of what you were trying to point out. Like for one, the Mongols were destroyed it says in the first picture.

Alright, here it is, the exciting (or maybe not so exciting) conclusion of our 3000 Years of Rome! I'm having the whole thing in spoilers in case you automatically scroll down to the bottom like me.
Spoiler :

Oh, hello Stalin. I thought someone wiped out your puny little civilization years ago.

"You bring the severed heads of presidents to my city steps, you insult my queen, you threaten my people with universal suffrage and free markets! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully Persian, perhaps it is you who should have done the same."
"This is blasphemy! This is madness!"
"Madness? THIS! IS! CONSTANTINOPOLIS!"
*Kicks Persian messenger off the Space Elevator*

Be afraid! The 4 nations of the Roman Empire (Rome, Arabia, Africa, Brittania) descend upon you! And, Sushan just got a totally awesome name.

And there we go, Arabia took most of the cities, I took Sushan, er, Seulicia ad Eaduem or whatever.

Now we're the 5 nations of the Roman Empire. Guess you're friendship with the Germans wasn't working out so well, was it, Comrade Stalin?

All of a sudden...

Nothing happened. I made it to 2250. 3000 years of the Roman empire. 3 civil wars, 3 periods of expansion, more times of decline than I care to count, plus millions dead from wars against Germany... Yea. I did it.

So, how did things go from there? Join me for what could be the last three images of our majestic, exciting, and downright incompetently-handled voyage.

Spain came back, a sign of Germany weakening (As was Stalin's defection to the Roman Empire).

And then it happened. Germany caved in. The Time of Strife was now over, the last superpower standing strong. Never again will such wars scar the world. Finally, a chance of a peaceful unification under one banner was possible.

However, the prolonged nuclear exchanges had battered Earth to the point where all was turning to a harsh desert (I looked in Worldbuilder, China was already half-sand, Canada was following suit). It could not sustain Humanity for much longer. So the Emperor of the Romans did as all Mankind was doing, and turned his gaze skyward. There was only one place left to go, and no time like the present to get started...

After all, the Galaxy is a big place.

*cue epic music* (I hear the first 1 minute and 11 seconds of this, personally: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOe2reF8DS8&feature=related)

Don't look at the thumbnails!

Attachments

• Con177.jpg
    Con177.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Con176.jpg
    Con176.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,262
  • Con175.jpg
    Con175.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,278
  • Con178.jpg
    Con178.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 1,263
  • Con179.jpg
    Con179.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 1,245
  • Con180.jpg
    Con180.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 1,240
  • Con181.jpg
    Con181.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 1,261
  • Con182.jpg
    Con182.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,255
  • Con183.jpg
    Con183.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,284
Yeah great game but now I'm almost sorry for my post correcting you on the year (see my post before this one)

Yeah great game but now I'm almost sorry for my post correcting you on the year (see my post before this one)

Well...

Join me for what could be the last three images of our majestic, exciting, and downright incompetently-handled voyage.

I didn't say it was the last for sure. There could be more... The only thing is, I want to play the newest version of RFC, and this game is getting a bit tiring. So, we'll see.

Maybe an RFCE story? A new version just got released.

What a game. The music really symbolized the feeling you get when you launch your starship. Here's hoping you do another game! Btw, what were the specs on this game?

Wohooo!!
What an awesome STORY!
:clap::bowdown::worship::hatsoff::cooool::woohoo:

Nice story. Maybe you should do something a little harder, like 5000 years of Maya. Maybe even 100000000000000000000000000000 years of... hmm... Ethiopia. :deal:

Nice story. Maybe you should do something a little harder, like 5000 years of Maya. Maybe even 100000000000000000000000000000 years of... hmm... Ethiopia. :deal:

*shudders* Ethiopia... Every game I've tried with them has failed miserably, and on the one I was winning, the laptop crashed before I could save but once. 1 turn from being the first to get Theology, too!

@ apenpaap: That's at least another 970 turns. I don't think my computer could handle it. By the end of the game, I was saving halfway through each turn, and the ends as well. Had a crash about every fifteen minutes... I really abuse this computer.

Ethiopia is not as bad as it's cracked up to be if you don't go for the UHV. You only neighbour backwards Egypt, and you have all of sub-saharan Africa to yourself. Of course, there's the endless Impi hordes, and the Camel Archers in the Classical era, and the Arabs and the colonizing Portuguese, and the Mali stealing your land and the fact that most of subsharan Africa is pretty crappy terrain, and your awful stability and your poor UU and your awful starting location.

Okay, now that I think about it, they are as horsehockey as they're cracked up to be.

Top Bottom