+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

I don't believe its possible in multi but it should be easy enough in single player. Just put spies in all of the main civs capitals and it will eventually happen. They don't even need to be friendly with you to share intrigue necessarily. Wait for a civ to share some with you, which they will do once they start spying a lot, and then share some that you find. Having more civs in the game will also help with this.
I found it better to ensure a spy was in my capitol. i.e. dual map with 2 opps one of which is England, appropriate era start.

It looks like the Fall of Rome and the Into The Renaissance Scenarios are on huge maps. *sigh* My laptop can't handle these at all. looks like I'll have to wait for the last 12 Achievements. I am enjoying the Steam Punk scenario a lot though. :)

Sadly that doesn't seem to work for me. :/
I've tried a game with 8 civs (me included), and although I shared intrigue with some of them, noone ever shared intrigue with me. Most of them actually spied on me.

I did it fairly quickly within Smoky Skies scenario. I played on Deity and installed a spy in each of my oponents capital. By default the scenario plays on the continents map, which means everyone should have at least one neighbour. AI tends to attack that neighbour. And should you discover all AIs quickly then you have plenty of time to share intrigues. Only catch to it is, that you have to survive AI's attack. Which isn't that easy either ;)

Just a friendly reminder. When playing Smoky Skies scenario, remember to bring landunits when conquering enemy cities. I failed on that part as air units only brought the city to 1 hp. Cost me a deity game :)

It looks like the Fall of Rome and the Into The Renaissance Scenarios are on huge maps. *sigh* My laptop can't handle these at all. looks like I'll have to wait for the last 12 Achievements.

I had this problem - going to the strategic view (icon bottom right, left of minimap) helped speed it up a lot. 2 to go now...

I forgot about the Strategic View. Thanks Haphaz :)

227/227!

Thanks to all who posted tips here. Special thanks to Robert Smith for the detailed walk throughs for the tough ones.

Couple of extra thoughts for Pax Romana Aeternum.

Followed Robert Smith's template from post #224 of this thread. It worked very well. Playing as Eastern Rome. Lost the same 6 cities in 10-11 turns, was a little later recapturing my first city. Retook Edessa on turn 25, but was able to recapture my last city on turn 51, just cruised from there.

Was ready for the Vandals' trans Siberian Saharan attack late, again thanks to Mr. Smith.

Extra Tip: When you start your game, don't move any units. Redo all of the city builds and do any city micromanagement that you want to do, then save the game.

You'll reload this save many times and will be very thankful that you have it.

I played the first 5-10 turns close to ten times figuring out where I wanted to move my units to minimize early losses.

Fun scenario, I may go back and try to fulfill the achievement as Western Rome at some point just for fun.

@JDR
Congrats! I'm still trying to get the Roman achievement in the west. I've only got 7 or 8 turns left in my 2nd attempt. Goths didn't do as well the 2nd time and retaking the city they got is the only puzzle left. Been playing 1 turn a day while doing other things (other civ V games) but will post some tips when I'm done.

Thanks iggymnrr. Western Rome looks like the tougher play. So many fronts to hold and the Dromons make a big difference. The toughest part was to not lose any cities to the Vandals at the beginning, and hold the other three civs to two cities each.

Good luck rapping yours up. Look forward to the tips.

47. Junta for Red OCtober - Use a Spy to successfully stage a City-State coup

Somehow I have managed not to get this one. I know I have gotten City States as Friends and Allies with a spy. Am I missing something? Anyone else have trouble?

Just to be clear, I believe the City State has to be Allied with someone else, then you use your spy to take it away.
I had to gift gold to get it close first - but not enough to become friends or Allies.

227!! now i can go and relax drinking beer by a beach! thnx to all the tips in here, cheers

i really wish steam would allow sorting the achievements. as it is its just completed and not completed. i'd like to be able to sort by scenario/non-scenarion. if i want to get into a game specifically to do an achievement its difficult to know which ones are scenario because they dont all explicitly say so, particularly pre-GnK. so then i have to spend some time in the forums to search the dlc/expansion achievement lists to make sure that "Reverse Engineer - Gain possession of 3 wonders by conquering cities in a single game" (which i have already done) is from an expansion or just a bug that says i havent completed it.

Reverse Engineer is a regular achievement if I remember correctly. I got that one AGES ago.

Edit: I take that back, all of the achievements around it (they do appear sorted) are from the Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario.

Its all about wonders so it makes sense. I got it August of last year.

i really wish steam would allow sorting the achievements. as it is its just completed and not completed. i'd like to be able to sort by scenario/non-scenarion. if i want to get into a game specifically to do an achievement its difficult to know which ones are scenario because they dont all explicitly say so, particularly pre-GnK. so then i have to spend some time in the forums to search the dlc/expansion achievement lists to make sure that "Reverse Engineer - Gain possession of 3 wonders by conquering cities in a single game" (which i have already done) is from an expansion or just a bug that says i havent completed it.

The achievements ARE sorted, though.
It goes like this:
Base Game
Babylon DLC (which is just one and only requires you to win as Nebuchadnezzar)
Mongolia DLC
New World DLC (Spain + Inca + their Scenario)
Polynesia DLC
Denmark DLC
Korea DLC
Wonders of the Ancient World DLC
Gods & Kings

All the locked achievements are sorted by base game, DLC and G&K as well - the G&K ones are easily recognizable as they have the bronze colored lock in the cyan bubble with the swirly frame. The difference between base game and DLC locks is much more subtle - the locks that require you to have DLC are a lighter silver than those that only require the base game.

Within the DLCs and G&K, the achievements again are sorted.
With DLC it's:
- Stuff you can do outside of the scenario (win as leader X, or, for example, the Korean-specific achievement to sink an ironclad with a turtle boat)
- Scenario victories (Win Scenario as X civ and/or on X difficulty)
- Scenario specific achievements (other ones like Reverse Engineer).

That is why you can get Zeupiter or Bolt and Arrow from regular games (as long as you have the Wonders of the Ancient World DLC), while for Reverse Engineer or Wonderwall, you'll need to play the scenario.

G&K is sorted by:
- General achievements (leader victories and religion/espionage based ones)
- General scenario victories (sorted into Into the Renaissance, Fall of Rome and Empires of the Smoky Skies)
- Specific achievements
- Scenario exclusive achievements (again, sorted as ItR, FoR and EotSS)
- And for some reason, as last one, "Nobody Expects...", which might have been an afterthought to be included

All of the unlocked achievement icons also have different bubble colors - the base game (and all the leader bubbles except for G&K's) are dark blue, Mongolia's are blood red, New World's are golden, Polynesia's are turquoise, Denmark's are brown, Korea's are bright red, Wonders of the Ancient World's are lavenderish purple, and G&K's have the same cyan that the locked ones have.
However! The G&K scenarios again look different - Into the Renaissance has yellow bubbles, Fall of Rome has royal purple and changes the frame to a laurel wreath, and the Smoky Skies scenario has a dirty brown with gears as frame.

Hope this helps.

In the Fall of Rome scenario, it turned out that You only have to beat everyone scores and not the team's score (Both Romes combined). So my test try with Boudica on Deity turned out to be victorious.

It was quite fun to conquer all.. ended up with 240+ unhappiness :D In the beginning I tried to manage unhappiness, but it is futile. It took me like 3 weeks I think :)

i've recaptured all my cities playing as western rome but persians won by score (captured a plenty of eastern rome's cities).
did anybody win as WR?

JDR
not losing cities to vandals? how is this possible?

btw i didnt care about gold, had -200 gold per turn. it hadnt crippled me any seriously, only a couple of nearly dead units were disbanded.
was building units all the time.

JDR
not losing cities to vandals? how is this possible?

I was playing as Eastern Rome. The Vandals had a couple of landing parties set to attack in two places.

Southern tip of Greece. I defended that city with ships from Constantinople and 1 Legion and a Bowman from the north.

And a city in Southern Turkey? I saved that city by sending two of my Legions from the east and one Legion from Constantinople down there.

That left me with 1 Legion in the North, and 1 legion in the East. I think I used that one to harass the Huns.

This is from memory, but I think that's right.

Top Bottom