What movie(s) have you seen IX:The Police Academy Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

classical_hero

In whom I trust

I just watched The Phantom of the Opera (2004) based on the musical again. The casting of Leonidas as The Phantom is a bit troubling but having Emmy as Christine was a great call. But it is my favourite musical, so I am not that hard on it. 4/5

I watched a film called Alps last night. I need to watch it again.

I watched Fight Club the other day. It was 10 years since I last saw it. What a twisted movie.

I watched Noah (2014) the other day and I have to say that I am impressed in how they developed the characters and even though they left more questions than what was trying to be settled, the movie did not overtly violate any Biblical concepts.

While there was not a "black and white" 3 wives scenario, there were still 3 "wives" present on the ark at the time of the Flood.

While it still did not portray the state of things, that IMO happened at the time, I was ok with the points made.

should just include all previous threads

anyways, I have a question (don't spoil anything):
So, I just saw most of this from M. Night Shyamalan's The Devil and it is The Room quality goodness:

Link to video.

My question is, since it very obviously is a really bad film, is it actually one of the "hilariously" bad films?

I prefer if it takes itself seriously yet ridiculous and terrible, kind of like Law Abiding citizen

Link to video.

any input would be appreciated

Starship Troopers. I was able to enjoy its absurdity once I pretended it had nothing to do with the book.

The thread title is...horribly bad :(

Anyway, last movie i watched was Battle:L.A.

Nothing particularly good, but at least the protagonist is a decent actor. Not the best alien invasion movie, but not the worst by far.

Watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier two nights ago... meh

Tonight, we all watched "live" the PBS American Masters film A Fierce Green Fire about the environmental activist movement in the US/ World. If you are a revolutionary fighter, this is fuel for YOUR fire and a good film. If you are not currently doing anything to change the socio-political structure, it is suicide-inducing.

I also saw The Winter Soldier recently. I rather liked it. It stands on its own as a film, you don't have to see every Marvel movie made before it, not even the first Captain America film, in order to understand it. Apart from the over-the-top climax battle thing, a lot of the action is pretty toned down and fun: car chases, shootouts, stuff like that, which is nice. It has excellent pacing, with the right balance of tension, exposition, and action, and a little bit of situational humor.

Highly recommend. 8/10

Cheezy, I did enjoy The Winter Soldier as I watched it.

But I had watched two Fedor Bandarchuk films this month prior (which, btw, you should watch): Stalingrad 2013 ("Saving Comrade Katya") and 9th Company ("Full Metal Jacket: Soviet/ Afganistan Edition") which are intensely violent and realistic and I was sensitive to combat violence and guess I wasn't in the mood for comic book stylized action.

2. I watched the PBS documentary A Fierce Green Fire before writing my post and was pissed off at America.

:)

All is Lost. Old Man (Robert Redford) and the Sea have a real bad week.

I didn't like All Is Lost nearly as much as I expected to. To the point that I feel like I should probably watch it again, really . . .

Anyway, I saw Under the Skin last weekend. It was really good. Atmospheric, creepy, minimal . . .

I'd like to get out to see Jodorowsky's Dune, but I'm not sure when I'm going to have time . . .

Erm, I just caught on TV a film with Samuel L. Jackson, whose character, an airplane passenger, has a lot of bad things to say about snakes.

That Samuel L Jackson, such a range of roles ;)

It seems the movie "The Believer" is fully available on youtube, so i had a look. Echoing a bit that American History X film, but with some main differences. It looks quite bleak, and Zane looks weird to say the least :)
The protagonist is that Gosling person.

Wild Target. Great film! Good actors there and a ridiculous ending to boot.

I saw Frozen (2013)

It's good, but has a pretty weak plot. At least in terms of an engaging plot, which blah blah is a disney film for children blah blah, but a lot of animated films recently and historically are damned good. I felt it was weaker than others.

Well, it's a Disney movie...

Robocop: creepy remake of the original.

3 Days To Kill: Kevin Costner comeback as a dying CIA agent.

Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit: the Star Trek protagonist does a little spying in a Tom Clancy adaptation by Kenneth Branagh. Flashy siderôle by Keirah Knightley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom