Include in VP?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

axatin

Prince
Proposal:

In trade deals that are not peace deals, only cities the current owner has not founded himself can be sold. This doesn't affect peace deals. Clarification: This will not affect human-to-human trades.

Rationale:
The current system gives human players too many possibilities to exploit the AI by selling and buying back cities. Founding a city and then trading it away feels like a strange concept in a 4X game. Cities the current owned has conquered from someone else are excluded from the proposed limitation, so it's still possible to give those cities back to their original owner (or sell them to a third player, an ally in the war for example).

DLL Changes

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored.

Wait, does this make it impossible to give (self-founded) cities in a peace deal?

Could trades between humans in multiplayer be excluded from this limitation?
Yes, I'll exclude them based on this proposal's rationale. Humans can make their own decisions.

Otherwise there's a weird incentive for humans to DoW just to be able to trade cities.

maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I'd prefer to have AI's analysis tightened up around the trading exploits, and otherwise keep this as a possibility. Blocking it entirely feels very gamey -- there are legit instances where player may want to do this, and all humans have built-in self-restraint, theoretically. Make it rarer and less-exploitable, sure; but impossible, no.

I know there's historical precedent of sorts, but it does feel very weird to be able to just sell your own people to another civ!

I know there's historical precedent of sorts, but it does feel very weird to be able to just sell your own people to another civ!
Actually, it's the opposite? Only captured cities can be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom