[UI] (7-NS) Display wonders built in the city and its approximate degree of construction by text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proposal
1. When cursur is on the city, built wonders are displayed by text. When cursur is on city strength, built defensive buildings(Walls, Castle etc.) are displayed by text.

2. When cursur is on the EUI civ icon on the right, approximate degree of construction is displayed by text.(Only when a player has sight of wonder's miniature. And if you want accurate turn you still need spy.)

Rationale
1. Player can see defensive buildings and vanilla wonders by miniatures already. But it is too small to see so that UI that's easy to see is needed.

2. Vanilla wonder's approximate degree of construction is seen by a miniature already if player has sight of constructed city. But VP wonder not. So I think all wonders' approximate degree of construction need to be displayed on EUI civ icon based on miniature by text. (If you want accurate turn you still need spy.)

3. World Wonder can exist only one in the world so player has to keep observing manually all citys' miniature to get it, especially at high difficulty(immortal, deity). This is very tiring and not interesting process.

Last edited:
Um...what are you proposing exactly?

Um...what are you proposing exactly?
When cursur is on the city, built defensive buildings(Walls, Castle ETC) and wonders are displayed

When cursur is on the EUI civ icon on the right, approximate degree of construction is displayed(Only when a player has sight of wonder's miniature.)

I suppled the explanation.

No, that's more info the AI can't use.

Plus you can already deduce the defensive buildings with the city strength.

No, that's more info the AI can't use.

Plus you can already deduce the defensive buildings with the city strength.
There's no additional info. It's just UI enhancement and AI already has info about that even in vanilla game.

As I already mentioned in the post, player can see it but uncomfortable to see. In VP mod, many info that is uncomfortable to see is changed. For example building's tile bonus, a joint war declaration reservation and so on.
Veteran player can deduce exact defensive buildings of city by just watching city strength but not everyone can do it.

AI certainly doesn't cheat and peek into your city's production queue and building list, and they don't start/stop building a wonder because of that.

The point is that of a player already has an information then why not present it more clearly?

If a player shouldn't have such information then it could be considered a bug and should be removed.

I'm against making UI intentionally bad.

AI certainly doesn't cheat and peek into your city's production queue and building list, and they don't start/stop building a wonder because of that.
Actually, you're wrong there:
Code:
        if (isWorldWonderClass(kBuildingClassInfo) && !bFreeBuilding && !bIgnoreSituational)
        {
            iValue += (kPlayer.GetPlayerTraits()->GetWonderProductionModifier() + kPlayer.getWonderProductionModifier());

// Adjust weight for this wonder down based on number of other players currently working on it
            int iNumOthersConstructing = 0;
            for (int iPlayerLoop = 0; iPlayerLoop < MAX_MAJOR_CIVS; iPlayerLoop++)
            {
                PlayerTypes eLoopPlayer = (PlayerTypes)iPlayerLoop;

if (eLoopPlayer == kPlayer.GetID())
                    continue;

if (GET_PLAYER(eLoopPlayer).isAlive() && GET_TEAM(kPlayer.getTeam()).isHasMet(GET_PLAYER(eLoopPlayer).getTeam()) && GET_PLAYER(eLoopPlayer).getBuildingClassMaking(pkBuildingInfo->GetBuildingClassType()) > 0)
                {
                    iNumOthersConstructing++;
                }
            }
            iBonus -= iNumOthersConstructing * 150;

//probably early game, so if we haven't started yet, we're probably not going to win this one.
            if (kPlayer.getNumCities() == 1)
            {
                iBonus -= iNumOthersConstructing * 100;
            }
        }

Woah what's this blatant cheating

I'm against making UI intentionally bad.
Then the entire city building list should be shown to every player, not just wonders and defense buildings. All buildings are expected to have a model.

It wouldn't be cheating if a player had the same info or if the info was removed completely.
Then the entire city building list should be shown to every player, not just wonders and defense buildings. All buildings are expected to have a model.
What? Almost no building is visible that way. Isn't it just walls, castle and some wonders? Maybe some other singular buildings.

So if there is graphical representation of an information then it could aswell be in UI for more clarity. Simply because the info is available.

To avoid too much information is in one tooltip, I revised proposal a little.
'When cursur is on the city, built wonders are displayed by text. When cursur is on city strength, built defensive buildings(Walls, Castle etc.) are displayed by text.'

In fact some buildings are already shown in miniature form. But that doesn't affect the player's choice. However World Wonder can exist only one in the world so player has to keep observing manually all citys' miniature to get it, especially at high difficulty(immortal, deity). This is very tiring and not interesting process.

Last edited:
Why do you care about what defensive buildings are in the city, as opposed to just caring about the :c5strength: CS value?

I'm quite sure all vanilla buildings have their own models, and nobody bothered to make any for VP.

Yes, indeed, AI are cheating. To solve this, I propose to remove all difficulty modifiers from the game for the AI.
You're confusing handicap with extra ability. Former depends on difficulty and is clearly listed out. Latter is something AI can do that humans can't (that includes taunting the human after bullying a pledged CS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom