8 City Challenge

Update: I'll have to carry over to tomorrow. I kind of forgot to go to sleep last night and cannot focus on anything right now.

Glad that I feel that I'm not alone, I do the same exact thing.

@Brian.
I sent workers over to Espionage to start farming over the towns so it can grow, I think once you get through with my current set switched to US, and just build gold to rush by naval units. Let the other cities build land units on their own. Marines tanks I think we might have enough artillery, upgrade to more cannons. Other than that. I don't think so

Thanks cripp. For me last night was playing a game of SP FfH and turning around and seeing 5a.m on the clock and going "Oh! Stercus! I forgot to go to bed!"

Major deviation on T399, we popped a merchant instead of a Sci in GP. We can build Sushi or settle in money, what do you want to do cripp?

Edit: rules say settle in Money.

Edit 2: the set. Ok I've replayed the 15 turns of Cripp and it mostly turned out similar. We're about a turn ahead in production (except science) but a turn behind in tech.

For a report go here, I'm just posting the changes to my set.

Major deviations were:
T398:
Got a heresy event in Capital as it only gave a bonus to Div Right I ignored it (no cost, no benefit)
Wang doesn't peace with Charly.

T399
We get a GMerch instead of a GSci, he's settled in Money.
Suleiman peace WK
Fogot to trade with Charlie

T400
Do trade with Charlie

T401
Don't trade with Churchy as no aluminiums left

T403
Trade with Churchy.

T404
Can't trade WK no aluminiums

T405
Charly wants war on WK, I say no.
Do the WK trade now.

T406
Charly cancel Fish>Sheep
Peri won't trade Commy
The event doesn't happen.

T406
Charly wants Copper for sheep. In trying to get a better deal he refuses his proposal.
Churchy wants us to stop trading with Suleiman.

T409
WK offers DR+170g for Chemistry I say yes as it's nearly an arty upgrade.
Charlie finally peace with WK.

Matrix could you take over from here? I've another set to play, and even repeating someone else's work in the late game is heavy going.

Attachments

• 8 City Challenge AD-1800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    400.5 KB · Views: 43
Cripp the save you put up opens. But I don't think the problem is BULL as I've not being using it lately due to the SGOTM, unless there's a new BULL out which conflicts with base game.

I'M ON bug4.4

Turn 0:

Took away engie in Money, got merchant.

Turn 1:

Switched to US

Turns 2-6:

unitssssss

also upgrading cannons and catas to arty

After upgrading them all, we have 28 Arty.

Turn 7:

GP: Factory > Public Transportation

Also starting upgrades on units in Espionage and GP for defenses against sea attacks.

Turn 8:

Our gold miners in Capital strike the mother lode, we get some extra gold to spend on upgrades!

Turn 9:

Charlie has Mining Inc.

Turns 10-14:

moar units

Turn 15:

Espionage: Factory > Lighthouse

GP: Public Transportation > Coal Plant

Overview:

Not very exciting, just more war prep.

This is our unit situation at this juncture:

In addition to upgrading Cannons and Catapults to Artillery, I have been upgrading our obsolete units into Infantry and Machine Guns (where applicable) for our defense. We still have 14 obsolete units left.

Oh and after that Lighthouse, we need a health building in Espionage.

The Save

I played already, since it was another builders set. I think we should declare war in the next set or the one after that.

I used cash rushing extensively to get the basic happy and health buildings quickly, and then rest of the money was spent on military and naval units.

I traded Communism from Wang for Biology and some gold, and I also tested how SP works for us. Not that well, so I revolted back to Env after 5 turns :). I did adopt Vassalage for extra xp.

GP and Espionage cash rushed drudocks and are now building destroyers, so military and Naval can concentrate on transports. All destroyers from these two cities were cash rushed as well.

Pericles built Eiffel tower, Hollywood and Cristo Redentor during the 15 turns. He is heading for culture victory, so I'd recommend we head out with our fleet soon and start with Pericles :)

Chalemagne has Flight and Rocketry already, so he is the other primary target. Churchill, Suleiman and Wang can be finished once these two main competitors are dead or crippled.

We are #1 in power, naturally :)

Ok, looking at the save, we have 2 fleets

Naval: 5 Destroyers, 4 SoL (upgrade needed), 10 transports, 23 tanks, 13 arty
Army: 3 battleships, 3 destroyers, 10 transports, 12 marines, 15 tanks, 13 arty

I moved an airship into Charlie's cap and he's got 6 frigate, 7 destroyers, 13 transports so he's gearing up for something. We'll need to take care of that before we have a chance of hitting his capital.

I think hitting Otto's Capital with our marines then fast moving our tanks/arty to hit Pericles. He has a lot of cavs/arty to take care of. We'll need a lot more units and more navy, let's get Refridge knocked out for those supermarkets. We'll lose :health:/:) trades once we declare, I'm kind of leary about Charlie being best buds with Pericles, hope he doesn't bribe Charlie against us even though we're #1 in soldiers

Ok, had a look at the save, and I have to agree, that we're ready to strike!
I'd only build at least 4-8 additional MGs for our first wave, so we won't loose that many units after whomever we go first will bring all of his collaterals against our stack..

About the attack-plan: I'd purpose two waves! The first one should go directly towards Aachen to ensure we'll finish off his fleet in the first turn of the war. Afterwards I'd slowly advance towards prague while defending most of the counter-attacks!
The second wave should wait about 2-3 turns after the initial DoW against Charly befor hitting somebody! In case Charly bribes Sury I'd go for Sury hitting his southern cities rolling northwards. In case Charly doesn't bribe anybody we should raise the rest of Charlies northern cities with the second wave!

So my purpose would be to build the MGs, go for Aachen and afterwards I'd put the situation back onto the table for further discussions.

Ok, had a look at the save, and I have to agree, that we're ready to strike!
I'd only build at least 4-8 additional MGs for our first wave, so we won't loose that many units after whomever we go first will bring all of his collaterals against our stack..

About the attack-plan: I'd purpose two waves! The first one should go directly towards Aachen to ensure we'll finish off his fleet in the first turn of the war. Afterwards I'd slowly advance towards prague while defending most of the counter-attacks!
The second wave should wait about 2-3 turns after the initial DoW against Charly befor hitting somebody! In case Charly bribes Sury I'd go for Sury hitting his southern cities rolling northwards. In case Charly doesn't bribe anybody we should raise the rest of Charlies northern cities with the second wave!

So my purpose would be to build the MGs, go for Aachen and afterwards I'd put the situation back onto the table for further discussions.

Just make sure we have enough destroyers/battleships to fend off his counterattack until our units can take out Aachen. I don't know where his actual SoD is at, use an airship to find it before attacking.

>:? Do you mean Suleiman?

Yes Sully, we can go through him to hit Pericles. Also on ship promotions, I think getting NavI for the +1 movement. With getting the circum bonus & NavI we'll have some fast transports. After the 1st wave, getting those transports back fast to pick up new units would be great. Tech wise we can start Refridge > beeline modern armor

Top Bottom