A Babylon 5 Mod for the Final Frontier Mod

After actually managing to play a game properly this weekend I have discovered that there were some changes/amendments I hadn't made. These have now been done but I've also had a thought about a new generic unit that I want to test and add to the game along with a change to one of the features in game. If it all works as I hope it will/want it to I'll be uploading a new version at/by the weekend.

Looking foward to the newest patch. Noticed something on a game just now. ODS being carried inside of a troop ship in deep space. Can bombard ships within their range just like ones deployed in a system. I've no ideal if it might be intended. Certainly will make for some intersting suprise tactics against the computer however.

ODS being carried inside of a troop ship in deep space. Can bombard ships within their range just like ones deployed in a system.
I've no idea how to prevent this from happening, so unless anyone else knows a way of stopping this make the most of a transport that can bombard your enemies.

Hello everyone!,

I've no idea how to prevent this from happening, so unless anyone else knows a way of stopping this make the most of a transport that can bombard your enemies.

I haven't foreseen this either, but IMO this feature should stay. Remember when B5 was blockaded by Earth in the show?, PsiCorps used a modified shuttle to carry Starfuries for an ambush (but the ambush was thwarted by Ivanova and its squadron).

:salute:

Really enjoying the new jump point system. I was wondering, is there any way to collapse the things without having to leave a ship behind to pillage? I'd hate to clutter space with them. And cringe to think what will happen if the computer starts using these things and leaves em like so much galactic litter.

Not yet got to see if the new AI changes have made the computer use ground troops. It IS causing them to send transport ships with their fleets, which seems promising. Just can't see inside the things to tell what their carrying. :(

Really enjoying the new jump point system. I was wondering, is there any way to collapse the things without having to leave a ship behind to pillage? I'd hate to clutter space with them. And cringe to think what will happen if the computer starts using these things and leaves em like so much galactic litter.

Not yet got to see if the new AI changes have made the computer use ground troops. It IS causing them to send transport ships with their fleets, which seems promising. Just can't see inside the things to tell what their carrying. :(
I managed to test a Jump Point the other day. As long as you keep a unit stationed on the jump point it will remain open. Once there are no units holding it open it will disappear at the beginning of the next turn.

In other news. I am very close to having a new version ready to upload. I've been going over many of the Civ's playing them for 200 or so turns on a fast game and it's shown up some small annoying errors and oversights that I've been correcting. As I was tired last night after spending most of the weekend doing this I didn't have the time to do a final check on the last few corrections I made. I'll check them out tonight when I get home from work. All being well I'll be uploading a new version very soon.

I managed to test a Jump Point the other day. As long as you keep a unit stationed on the jump point it will remain open. Once there are no units holding it open it will disappear at the beginning of the next turn.

Not seeing that behaviour from the jump points. They aren't closing after ships leave. Not even if fly nearby ships out of visual range then back after the next turn. Also just noticed they aren't letting me jump from neutral space, even though the jump point forms. Not tested the jump system in hostile space yet. Psicorps are there jump tweaks in the upcoming version? Thought it might explain why I'm getting different results, as still using the 1a combo patch.

Not seeing that behaviour from the jump points. They aren't closing after ships leave. Not even if fly nearby ships out of visual range then back after the next turn. Also just noticed they aren't letting me jump from neutral space, even though the jump point forms. Not tested the jump system in hostile space yet. Psicorps are there jump tweaks in the upcoming version? Thought it might explain why I'm getting different results, as still using the 1a combo patch.
Hmmm, I didn't try opening a jump point in neutral space, I was in my own territory when I did that. I'll check that tonight.

In other news, the FFP team have said there is a patch coming out anyday for their mod and as this mod relies so heavily on what they've done I'll be holding off on uploading a new version until I have their patch incorporated with the B5 mod.

I'm hoping that it won't take too long to sort it all out.

Hi,

You should be able to jump both from controlled and neutral space, although jumping from enemy space is not enabled (I can enable it, if everyone agrees), the main reason for not being able to jump from enemy space is that you are in enemy space, weapons should be the primary concern (either attacking or escaping).

regarding the issue you are seeing, could you provide more details?, does this happen with every species and every ship?, does it always happen?, could you post a saved game?, has anyone else had this problem?.

Hi,

You should be able to jump both from controlled and neutral space, although jumping from enemy space is not enabled (I can enable it, if everyone agrees), the main reason for not being able to jump from enemy space is that you are in enemy space, weapons should be the primary concern (either attacking or escaping).

regarding the issue you are seeing, could you provide more details?, does this happen with every species and every ship?, does it always happen?, could you post a saved game?, has anyone else had this problem?.

I've just tested the Jump Point in neutral space and it worked exactly as it was designed by you Premier.

If you are still having a problem Justicar333 with the Jump Points staying open and there being no ships there to 'hold' it open all I can say is be patient, I'll have a new version uploaded as soon as the FFP patch is available for me to add to the B5 Mod.

Hello,

I've just tested the Jump Point in neutral space and it worked exactly as it was designed by you Premier.

If you are still having a problem Justicar333 with the Jump Points staying open and there being no ships there to 'hold' it open all I can say is be patient, I'll have a new version uploaded as soon as the FFP patch is available for me to add to the B5 Mod.

I just did a test run, a game with the Narns, using a Bin'Tak I was able to make a jump both from frindly and neutral territory, with the jump points being removed the turn after the jump was completed.

Can you open the jump point in neutral space, is culture being added to it?

Something that could explain your situation is not having the correct python file, if possible upload your FinalFrontierEvents.py file you'll find it in the B5_Mod/Assets/Python folder.

@Justicar333
Are you by any chance an Asari? :D :p

Morning all
I completed the merge with FFP patch 1.81 last night but my first test threw up a Python Error. I'm going to try and resolve this minor problem tonight but rest assured, as soon as this issue is sorted I will be uploading a new version of the Mod.

Hello everyone!,

I'm playtesting the 2.8.0.1a version, so far so good regarding stability. Although I noticed some strange behavior.

I'm playing with the Narn on a standard FF map, quick speed. So, I built a Then'Tus before the first culture/influence grow, the Then'Tus couldn't get out to outer space (could only travel within my borders), but when my borders grew the same Then'Tus could not move to the newly claimed space, or more accurately, could not move to some of the newly claimed. The ship could move like the following:

o c c c o
c c c c c
c c s c x
c c c c x
o x x x o

Where:
c = can move
x = cannot move
s = system's star
o = outer space
Here are some screens: Link

In the screens you can see three ships Then'Tus 1, Then'Tus 2, Sho'kar. Both Then'Tus were built before the culture pop, the Sho'Kar was built after it.
As you can see the Sho'Kar can move freely, but the Then'Tus (2) can't move to an adjacent plot, the same goes for Then'Tus (1) - the one near the bottom.
At some point in the game, both Then'Tus were able to move to the previously impassable plots.

Also, I noticed that there are several buildings that provide :commerce:, but few that provide :gold:.

Still testing :D

Hello everyone!,

I'm playtesting the 2.8.0.1a version, so far so good regarding stability. Although I noticed some strange behavior.

I'm playing with the Narn on a standard FF map, quick speed. So, I built a Then'Tus before the first culture/influence grow, the Then'Tus couldn't get out to outer space (could only travel within my borders), but when my borders grew the same Then'Tus could not move to the newly claimed space, or more accurately, could not move to some of the newly claimed. The ship could move like the following:

o c c c o
c c c c c
c c s c x
c c c c x
o x x x o

Where:
c = can move
x = cannot move
s = system's star
o = outer space
Here are some screens: Link

In the screens you can see three ships Then'Tus 1, Then'Tus 2, Sho'kar. Both Then'Tus were built before the culture pop, the Sho'Kar was built after it.
As you can see the Sho'Kar can move freely, but the Then'Tus (2) can't move to an adjacent plot, the same goes for Then'Tus (1) - the one near the bottom.
At some point in the game, both Then'Tus were able to move to the previously impassable plots.

Also, I noticed that there are several buildings that provide :commerce:, but few that provide :gold:.

Still testing :D

Hi Premier, the issue you have experienced is a deliberate one. There is now a movement restriction in place that prevents all but scouts, construction ships and colony ships from leaving the home solar system. This restriction is removed upon the completion of research on Space Exploration. To avoid problems with the tiles becoming in accessable after your borders expand try not to move your main military units outside of your claimed territory. You can beeline space exploration to get the movement restriction lifted but this would be done at the expense of other much needed techs.

I will be looking at the buildings and what each one gives/removes. Something that I think makes perfect sense to me may not seem realistic to you on so I would welcome any suggestions on changes to existing buildings or any new buildings you would like to suggest. I have noticed that as the game progresses you will have some of the smaller, 3 or 4 planet systems, fully developed if these are switched to credit production you will soon find you have a lot more money available thus reducing the need for more buildings that give credits.

A recent play test I did I was able to keep my science slider at 90% and had 6 scout ships out exploring as well as 4 starbases built. All this and I hadn't even reached turn 100.

I finished all of the minor corrections I needed to do late last night and have zipped the file up ready for me to upload when I finish work today. So my gift to you for the start of the weekend will be a new version of the B5 Mod.

So is it intentional that the techs take AGES to research? I loaded it with all defaults, Monarch level I think, and it estimates that it will take me around 440 turns before I can colonize another star system? [EDIT] Actually it is longer than that as you need quite a few techs to get colony ships.

Assuming this is right (it was the same with the last version of the mod for me) what are you supposed to be doing for these turns? Does something dramatic happen to speed up research?

It looks like an interesting mod.

So is it intentional that the techs take AGES to research? I loaded it with all defaults, Monarch level I think, and it estimates that it will take me around 440 turns before I can colonize another star system?

What game speed were you playing on?

Assuming this is right (it was the same with the last version of the mod for me) what are you supposed to be doing for these turns? Does something dramatic happen to speed up research?

Generally building up the infrastructure on the first 2 or 3 planets in your home system would be my suggestion, you have 150 turns before the raiders start to arrive and you can send out scouts and construction ships to explore and extend your borders.

It all depends on what you research first!

What game speed were you playing on?

Normal.

Generally building up the infrastructure on the first 2 or 3 planets in your home system would be my suggestion, you have 150 turns before the raiders start to arrive and you can send out scouts and construction ships to explore and extend your borders.

It all depends on what you research first!

But you cannot build infrastructure without techs, and any infrastructure techs get in the way of getting off your planet? [EDIT] Of course you can build infra on other planets than your home world.

But you cannot build infrastructure without techs, and any infrastructure techs get in the way of getting off your planet? [EDIT] Of course you can build infra on other planets than your home world.

Aah but you can. On the first turn open up your city, select a different planet to the one your capitol is on and then put a tick in the box to build on the new planet, you will have one or two to choose from and depending on which civ you have picked you will have a minimum of three buildings to construct. Make the first one your civ's version of the nutrition facility and as soon as it is completed the research time will drop a few turns. Finish off the second planet's infrastructure before moving on to your third inner planet (if you are fortunate to have one) if not move back to the planet with your capitol on it and build anything there that is available, you will at least be able to build Ground Troops.

In all the play testing I have done I've never been stuck for something to build.

Aah but you can. On the first turn open up your city, select a different planet to the one your capitol is on and then put a tick in the box to build on the new planet, you will have one or two to choose from and depending on which civ you have picked you will have a minimum of three buildings to construct. Make the first one your civ's version of the nutrition facility and as soon as it is completed the research time will drop a few turns. Finish off the second planet's infrastructure before moving on to your third inner planet (if you are fortunate to have one) if not move back to the planet with your capitol on it and build anything there that is available, you will at least be able to build Ground Troops.

In all the play testing I have done I've never been stuck for something to build.

Yeah, after playing a few turns it does seem a lot faster moving than it did in the first couple. I just felt I had to check, the number of turns to go seemed so high I thought it could be a bug. I do have a quick question, it seems some units can move outside of borders and others cannot. What is going on there?

Top Bottom