A couple of unrelated points/questions.

Somebody613

Deity
1. Is it just me, or there actually is a mod/feature/option to make cities be buildable even back-to-back?
Or am I just confusing it with Civ1/2, where it was a case?

2. Sabbateanism has a very misleading and wrong icon, please replace it with something more on-topic.

1. You confused it with Civ1/2

2. There is no such thing as Sabbateanism in this mod.

2. There is no such thing as Sabbateanism in this mod.
I meant Culture_Sabbatean, lol, but my point is correct - it uses a very wrongly applied and misleading (even insulting) icon.
I would really like to have it replaced by something more appropriate for what it tries to convey.

I meant Culture_Sabbatean, lol, but my point is correct - it uses a very wrongly applied and misleading (even insulting) icon.
I would really like to have it replaced by something more appropriate for what it tries to convey.
Does anybody know what this is in reference to exactly? I am not familiar with this culture.

DrDavel can change its icon.
Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-12-30 18-38-42-81.png
Civ4BeyondSword 2019-12-30 18-38-36-76.png

No idea what could be more appropriate.

Does anybody know what this is in reference to exactly? I am not familiar with this culture.
The OTHER way around.
It uses a modern flag that has a totally different (but not unrelated, true) connotation behind it, and feels like a literal insult to be used in that particular "culture".
Kinda like using Einstein for an Alchemy icon, lol - and that's not too off in comparison.

The OTHER way around.
It uses a modern flag that has a totally different (but not unrelated, true) connotation behind it, and feels like a literal insult to be used in that particular "culture".
Kinda like using Einstein for an Alchemy icon, lol - and that's not too off in comparison.
Could you post us something you feel would be a better icon? It doesn't have to be in button form - we can do all that. Just the image itself that you feel would be more appropriate is fine.

I don't really know anything about the Sabbateans so I can't suggest a more accurate symbol, but if no one else has any idea either then I think a good substitute would be to just have the word "Sabbatean" written in Hebrew. At the very least I think that'd be unlikely to offend anyone.

I don't really know anything about the Sabbateans so I can't suggest a more accurate symbol, but if no one else has any idea either then I think a good substitute would be to just have the word "Sabbatean" written in Hebrew. At the very least I think that'd be unlikely to offend anyone.
Let's just say that my actual concern is to remove the CURRENT flag, which is totally OFF-FENCE-IVE (pun intended).
If I ever bump into anything resembling an actual Sabbatean flag, and this issue would still be unresolved, then I'll tell you all what I found, lol.

Let's just say that my actual concern is to remove the CURRENT flag, which is totally OFF-FENCE-IVE (pun intended).
If I ever bump into anything resembling an actual Sabbatean flag, and this issue would still be unresolved, then I'll tell you all what I found, lol.
WHY is it offensive? You seem unwilling to explain.

When the button layers were added to the mod the 2 I was hoping for was the heroes and flags.
Unless they are already in the mod can someone add them please. Especially the flags.

My opinion on the new pic is it's nice, would be good for event pic or something bigger but it might be a bit too detailed to squish into button size. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Try Rabbi Google, lol.
Um... no.

You're continued unwillingness to explain suggests that your reasons for calling the image offensive are transparently invalid.

Um... no.

You're continued unwillingness to explain suggests that your reasons for calling the image offensive are transparently invalid.
It's basically Jewish inside stuff that I don't even want to bring up.
But the point is that my comparison about using Einstein to represent Alchemy is spot-on.
Let's just say that this combination simply feels offensive to those who realize that Einstein is a REAL scientist, and Alchemy is NOT a REAL science, but a HOAX.
The same applies here, to a degree.

If you'd like it changed, please try to find something flag-themed and then it can be easily changed! Seems like it's a topic that requires some research and is easy to get wrong, so honestly you're probably the best person to find something that works within the c2c criteria for cultural icons.

But the point is that my comparison about using Einstein to represent Alchemy is spot-on.
Let's just say that this combination simply feels offensive to those who realize that Einstein is a REAL scientist, and Alchemy is NOT a REAL science, but a HOAX.
The same applies here, to a degree.
...and you still keep your reasons secret. Despite all the Jewish inside stuff you are perfectly happy to DUMP in the other thread. I think we're done here.
If you'd like it changed, please try to find something flag-themed and then it can be easily changed! Seems like it's a topic that requires some research and is easy to get wrong, so honestly you're probably the best person to find something that works within the c2c criteria for cultural icons.
This might happen, but personally I hope the mod team DOESN'T take orders from a religious extremist who will not even give his reasons because of how spurious they are.

This might happen, but personally I hope the mod team DOESN'T take orders from a religious extremist who will not even give his reasons because of how spurious they are.
I wouldn't call it so much as taking orders, as there does exist a legitimate difference between https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbateans and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chabad_messianism - why wouldn't you want it to be more correct? Regardless of the motivation, it still is a legitimate contradiction or error in description. Mind you, it's also not something that's a huge priority - there's errors like this all over the place, because humans are messy and the real world is chaotic like that - but if somebody is up to finding a better flag, power to them.

Also, please try to be a little more careful with your words (though this applies to everyone, really). In this particular case, 'religious extremist' is unwarranted; strong belief in ones religion does not imply advocating extreme action.

Top Bottom