A couple of unrelated points/questions.

States could rise to split and become their own countries. I'm totally for those being cultures, at least with the few that had that potential. California, Texas, for example. Some here say that Texas let the US become part of them. It would not be surprising if they did succeed(sp?) some day - and the Russians have been social media botting efforts to get California to break off even recently - economically it could potentially play its own Brexit scenario at some point. But more importantly for these two, they are very culturally distinct and have a very unique cultural identity that if fostered could be a perfect example of how a culture can rise and grow and become a nation of its own.
This sounds bit US centric - not many culture-nations are divided into subnations.

If you would like to split Europe like that culturewise, then you would get something like that :lol:
Spoiler :

This sounds bit US centric - not many culture-nations are divided into subnations.

If you would like to split Europe like that culturewise, then you would get something like that :lol:
Spoiler :

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler :

I'm sure there are plenty of additional cultures yet to be added. Which is why there's no reason to be stretching to define any. The US is by its name a collection of different 'states', which is still a term that often means 'country' in and of itself. The truth is few of those states have enough identity to ever be envisioned as potentially becoming their own country. But CA and TX could for sure. Certainly could HAVE if history had gone a little differently. I'm sure there's a lot of examples like that to be had in Europe as well, and China and so on.

As an aside, I noticed Kurdistan on that map and think the Kurds would make a great culture if we don't have them already. They're definitely their own people from a military perspective and have been historically great allies, even if we did betray them savagely.

Deleted those two cultures.

Also we have Kurdish culture in game.

Deleted those two cultures.

Also we have Kurdish culture in game.
Are you saying you deleted California and Texas? We were talking about removing Sabbatean. Was there another?

Also: Kurds! Cool!

I would suggest to expand "culture" to anything having its own units OR buildings (especially those older ones, OR special-name buildings like modern brands).
Which basically means it has to do something in-game besides simply existing, lol.

All cultures unlock some unit.
Few of them unlock some buildings too.

I'm currently running a quick check at cultures as of "empty" ones.
Already found out that Castilian does NOTHING.
Probably more to come.

Also, Sabbatean DID produce 2 unique units, though neither of them made any sense to be attached to it, lol.
So you now need to reattach them to cultures that actually make sense.

End of search.
Found nothing more.

Last edited:
I deleted those two units.
And looks like I can delete Castilian culture too.

I deleted those two units.
And looks like I can delete Castilian culture too.
Em, why did you delete the units, huh?
Magos is in-game-lore Zoroastrian-related, and Sheba is practically Ethiopian more or less.
None of them had anything to do with Sabbateans - but they DO have to do with other in-game cultures and religions, lol.
I'd suggest putting them back in - it's a pity to lose units to YOUR errors, no?

Those units had cultural flags attached to it.
Only Magos (so, yeah, a goner), unless it's on the actual unit of Sheba as well (can't see it without actually building it).
I have Civ open now, so I can see it.
And (the Queen of) Sheba is a rather famous character, so it's a real pity to lose her to a stupid error, lol.

Who here has made a new culture? Currently none of you can same as me. I don't want cultures deleted. There's only one player crying and you all are being too accommodating. I'll save deleted stuff for later.

Who here has made a new culture? Currently none of you can same as me. I don't want cultures deleted. There's only one player crying and you all are being too accommodating. I'll save deleted stuff for later.
A culture must have something to it - both in-game and in-reality.
In this case, two of them had NOTHING attached TO them in-game, and the one that started the wipe had things attached to it that had NOTHING to do WITH it.
Nor was it a CULTURE in real life in the first place (the other two could have been, though, but so far they didn't CONTRIBUTE anything in-game, and thus got wiped).
So your complaint is really OFF.

Agree. Stop kneejerk deleting things. What's wrong with you? Leon and Castile were sovereign kingdoms before Spain united. If they have no units, that means they're works-in-progress, not rubbish.

Sabbatean culture has been discussed so fair enough, but reinstate their units without the cultural requirement (who cares if the icon has an incorrect symbol?).

Agree. Stop kneejerk deleting things. What's wrong with you? Leon and Castile were sovereign kingdoms before Spain united. If they have no units, that means they're works-in-progress, not rubbish.

Sabbatean culture has been discussed so fair enough, but reinstate their units without the cultural requirement (who cares if the icon has an incorrect symbol?).
I'd suggest adding a single generic-looking Hero King unit per kingdom to solve that problem - IF there were any famous kings to begin with (EDIT: Wiki shows plenty of them to choose from, can be even more than one).
Magos should be attached to Zoroastrianism and have its icon edited to remove the wrong flag (not much of a work, really).
Sheba simply needs to be attached to, dunno, the Ethiopian culture, I guess? She's fine as she is, as of everything else.

Top Bottom