A little challenge for myself

NumberGreen

Chieftain
I just got back into C3C a couple months ago after a decade or so off. I'm back into my old habit of starting new games and never finishing old ones. I can't seem to make it past 100 turns or so before I start thinking about things I could've done better and nitpicking my own play.

So, I made myself a little challenge.

On a huge continents map with all random civs, I'm going to take whatever start I get and play it through until I win or lose. I'm playing on Emperor difficulty. To shake things up, I decided to assign a victory condition to each civilization trait as follows:

Agricultural - ?
Commercial - Diplomatic
Expansionist - Domination
Industrious - Histograph
Militaristic - Conquest
Religious - 100k Cultural
Scientific - Space Race
Seafaring - 20k Cultural

So each random civ gives me a choice of two victory conditions (with the exception of agricultural civs, which default to the other trait's VC).

I rolled the Spanish, which means I have to go culture either way. Here is the (interesting?) starting position. Looks to be a challenging game. I posted the save if anyone wants to try it out.

Attachments

• spain.jpg
    spain.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Isabella of the Spanish, 4000 BC.SAV
    97 KB · Views: 221
Moderator Action: This doesn't look like it's belonging into the "Strategy & Tips" category. I'm moving it to the Story forum. Would make a nice story!

-- Lanzelot

Good luck with your game! The start looks quite bad indeed. (Especially for 20K....) Might be worth to take the settler on a hike for a few turns to try and find better lands?

Ah, thanks for moving this. Makes much more sense in this forum.

I played until 1000 BC but this looks hopeless. At least for a cultural victory.

Top Bottom