A Spiritual Odyssy

Turn 264: 1190 AD
Look around a bit. So, we have enough EP on Brennus to see how he's doing. Let's take a look at the holy city of Buddha...

Darn, no pre-built shrine. Too bad. So I'll let Shaka pound at that.
My target is instead Brennus's "Science" city.

Lightly defended and 3 settled people and an Academy to boot. Sweet. I move forces to the border. I spend 134 gold to upgrade a spear to a pike. Set research to 0% for now.

Whip Angora.
Whip Antioch.
Change Sci to Priest in cap.

Turn 265: 1200AD
Thess Mace>Treb
Antioch IslamMonas>Crossbow (we need some defense there)
Angora Granary>IslamTemple

Hammurabi completes Notre Dame.

The invasion is ready. But first....

Now!!!!!

Will take a few turns to march there.

Turn 266: 1210 AD
Adrian Treb>Treb
Const Aqueduct>UoS(29) - money or beakers, I like
Const has grown, so I put sci+priest.
Whip MaoiCity
We are now at the gates.

Turn 267: 1220AD
Hammurabi peace with Brennus.
Vienne down to 24% defense.
Take out an adjacent HA with Pike. Move one Mace to defend the pike.
Shaka's forces continue to stream in, but they haven't gotten to any city yet!
To reduce costs, switch to Theo (as the only city with Buddha is Thess).

Turn 268: 1230 AD
Vienne at 0%. Will take next turn.

Turn 269: 1240 AD
Pericles trades maps with us and I negotiate 35 gold to boot!

Shaka finishes Spiral Minaret.

Chucking 3 catas (2 expected, 1 lost at 91.5% odds), we attack. I lose a mace at 96% odds, but the city is ours.

Some forces start marching towards Bibracte hoping to get the last hit before Shaka does. Shaka is seiging the city as I write. Put the slider to 100% again.

Turn 270: 1250 AD
Another religion-related event:

I notice that Shaka is now thinking we be too advanced. His usefulness to us is growing thin.

Turn 271: 1255AD
Bibracte down to 2% as main force arrives. Note that I have taken a small force from Nicea to start seiging Calleva in the west.

Tuen 272: 1260 AD
Best thing happens. Shaka suicides most of his force and fails to take the city. I chuck one spear and clean up.

Turn 273: 1265 AD
The AP says hi.

Turn 274: 1270 AD
The AP says no deal.

Shaka peaces with Brennus.

The annexations:

The power:

Great person in Const in 5. GP is pretty obvious. What to do with a GS?

I think after taking one more city we peace brennus and prepare to take Shaka head on. I warn you though that Shaka has a LOT of units. I think Edu>Gunpowder is in order.

View attachment A Spiritual Odyssy AD-1270.CivBeyondSwordSave

Nice one narri. This games starting to roll.

We should spread Bud around our cities so we can build more Monastrys for the 10% sci bonus.

Shaka might have to wait till rifles.

Will try to comment more later.

If you can take it Pridrus I'm happy to jiggle the roster for you.

Can anyone comment if this is the correct roster? There were some swaps & jiggling going on so I don't know who is currently up. The last three on the roster were the last 3 that played.

Roster
Cripp7
Pindrus
Grandad1982
White Dragon
Narri >> Just Played

Thats pretty much the roster.

I aplogise for my absence to clarify this. I've been house hunting etc and working late. Real life is very frustrating.

I'm away till monday as well so how ever can take the save please do, and we'll sort the roster out after the weekend.

I'd say just try to grab some cities and then take peace. Don't vassalise! Try to get ready for Unis and Oxford. Maybe whip some Libs if needs be.

Have fun!

Hello?

If no one plays by tomorrow I'll play a short set on monday evening (if I get home from work in time).

I'll try for another city or two from Bren then take peace. I'll revolt back to Islam after peace.

I'll work towards Oxford. Maybe we need a second Priest in con for that shrine GProth.

I think we should look to attack Shaka in the next 2 or 3 sets. If we don't then we might need to wait till Rifles and a major land grab in the USA as well.

I wish we could Lib Steel like in the Shaka game!!!! Don't think it'll happen this game :(

Aaaarrggghh!

I got screwed over at work again and am only just home so I can't play again. I'll aim to play tomorrow but if anyone can play now then do and we'll just take the first save.

Out of interest is everyone still in for this game? There just seems to have been abit of a slow down here and I was wondering why? Is there some way I can change the set up to re light some fires?

Pre-Turn - zzz

Turn 275 - Thess treb>treb
capture Callieva, take peace with Bren for 305:gold:
revolt to Islam

Turn 276 - Hammy demands Paper..decline
Nicaea treb>HA
Vienna :whipped: granary

Turn 277 - Vienne granary>library

Turn 278 - Thess HA>treb
Adria trab>treb

Turn 279 - Education>GP
Antioch xbow>xbow
Get a GP for our Buddha shrine

Turn 280 - Nicaea HA>uni
queue up uni's in cities with libraries
kill slider

Turn 281 - Thess HA>uni
Nico forge>library
GP arrives to create the Buddha shrine jumping from 96gpt to 129gpt!

Turn 282 - Perci offers DR+40:gold:>Edu...:lol: no

Turn 283 - Brenn 110:gold:>Machinary..no
Nico :whipped: library
Callieva ^^^

Turn 284 - Nico lib>uni
Callieva lib>granary
slider to 100%

Turn 285 - Bibcrate :whipped: library

Stop here for thoughts
Universities are getting built, UoS in the capitol is 10 turns from being done, uni will take 8 turns. Looks like Beth will get Lib

Thankyou cripp7!

I think we should consentrate on getting to rifles or cannons as quike as we can.

Personally I'd go for rifles as we get PP on the way.

We shoud carry on trying for another GP for the Islam shrine.

I'm away for the rest of the week and after that I'm moving so I'm out of the loop for about 2 weeks. Please keep the game going as we're in a strong position and once we hit rifles the game will be almost ours!

Can anyone say Amphibious Assalt on Liz?! After Shaka and Washington are delt with of course.

Be sure to spread Buddha around our cities once in a while. Obviously get Market in holy city too.

I say go for Rifles because we get PP too (and implicitly Banks for holy city).

I'm a little concerned about Liz's teching speed. I'm also concerned about how much Shaka units we'll ultimately have to face.

Eventually we should shop Edu around and backfill some techs from the others, especially as Bren is the only worst enemy I see.

I guess this game will go on to the Industrial Era (and not by Libbing Steel either!). I say put on an engineer too with that priest so a GEng could found Mining. Maybe even get Economics after Merc (if Liz doesn't beat us to it) and keep the GM for Sushi too.

So I say Gunpowder>PP>Fued(backfill)>Guilds>Banking>Econ>Rep>Rifling>win

Top Bottom