A story of Earth

aaawwww, my goal was the only one that wasn't there, maybe it was to hard

aaawwww, my goal was the only one that wasn't there, maybe it was to hard

Oh, I forgot to mention, but I'm attacking Tokugawa because he has a city in China, Indonesia and India.

And actually it's quite hard (logistics and such), but with my technological superiority I should be able to blast the Japanese Longbows to pieces :lol:

After that, I'll have to attack Roosy :(.
Or maybe I could play a dangerous game by facing Montezuma's hordes of horse archers?

I like how Hatty follows everything you do in the Apostolic Vote
She peace-vassalized to me in the fourth round. Due to some stupidities on my side, the picture of her offering vassal state wasn't visible, so it probably wasn't very clear she vassalized.

Sorry for not updating for two days - I had to do other things like planning for world domination and Operation Apocalyps - err, I mean cleaning up my room and going on a trip with my parents :mischief:

As said before, fighting will continue this round. Mali will try to expand overseas by taking England and some cities in Indonesia.
(Note that the historical aspect has fallen away - real Mali wasn't much of an empire by this time)

Ponies take over Corinth, Alexander's new capital! They aren't pink, but they are still ponies.

Spoiler :

Egyptian insurgents expel the Malinese garrisons out of Athens. Mansa was outraged and decided to declare war against the Egyptians. An enormous army was amassed and marched to Thebes, but any bullets fired against Egyptians mysteriously disappeared. It seemed Malinese troops couldn't attack Egyptians.
So Musa dropped the case and continued taking assets of other world powers.

Spoiler :

The Mongolians, eager to do filthy work for Cathy, took Pasargadae from the Malinese.

Spoiler :

No cannons for you, Lizzy - I'm about to invade you, trading military techs would be stupid.

Spoiler :

And the same thing counts for you too, Catherine!

Spoiler :

Qin keeps trying to reduce my power...
He is my main adversary now, already being in Industrial Era and having the highest score after me.

Spoiler :

Creative Constructions is incorporated. I found CC, instead of Mining Inc., because I want to found Civilized Jewellers too (and CJ fits with Mali).

Spoiler :

Bye, Lizzy. It has been nice.
Elizabeth was doing very well, in fact - she had only three cities (one of them being a crappy four-pop city on the shore of West-Africa) but she still was the first to Communism and built the Kremlin.
She didn't research the military techs, though, which led to her quick demise.

Spoiler :

London...

Spoiler :

Yorkers import ѕџьзѓшал-tea as a secret weapon...
Spoiler :

...but it isn't super-effective.
Spoiler :

Oxford is started in Timbuktu.

Spoiler :

Hey, that's MY wonder!
(Not that it is a real wonder - who had the weird idea of adding a street in the wonder list?)

Spoiler :

Bye England. We will miss you... not.

Spoiler :

Déjà vu.

Spoiler :

And here is her stack.

Spoiler :

Mansa Musa decided Germany/Scandinavia should be liberated. Too long had poor Frederick been oppressed by the despicable Russians.
Spoiler :

Saladin, hoping to regain his former territory, joined the third (or is it fourth already?) world war.

Spoiler :

The Malinese navy, which was initially built to conquer Japan, achieves more victories in Sweden.

Spoiler :

The Marauding Overlord of Nationalistic Tenochtitlan and Expanding Zerritories Under Meso-American control, MONTEZUMA, decided to declare war on poor Lincoln.
As one of my goals is to take a N-American city, I send my navy to aid... I mean, attack, Lincoln.
(Montezuma is too big to take on with the army I've got now - Lincoln, on the contrary, is an easy target)

Spoiler :

Chinese sages teach Mansa how to electrocute enemies and make lamps glow.

Spoiler :

"My ruler..."
A heavily wounded man was brought to Mansa Musa. He had lost one of his eyes, and all his limbs seemed to be broken.
"And? Did it work?" Mansa couldn't hide his curiousness.
"The prototype..."
"Continue!"
"flew." the man uttered with his last breath.
Mansa immediately ordered the construction of thousand of such 'airplanes', while preparations of the funeral of this great South-African inventor, Hak-Tour Huru Wait, were made.
Invisible from everyone's eyes, a tear rolled over Mansa's cheeck, because his nation might have lost a genius, but he had lost a friend.
Spoiler :

The formerly Greek district of Knossos was conquered by a Greek-Arabian force. As the city had little importance, Mansa didn't care.

Spoiler :

I LOVE this event.
It netted 100 gold... per turn.

Spoiler :

Another German city was liberated from the rule of cruel Catherine.

Spoiler :

Frederick happily agreed to become a vassal state and aid Mali in it's war against Russia.

Spoiler :

And the Quebec wars began.
The whole nation rejoiced when they heard Seattle was taken, because they now too possessed a part of the holy nation of Canada.

Spoiler :

Aden was taken by the Eastern-African Mali troops.
(Yes, RFC... those dynamic names are quite good )
Spoiler :

A Mongolian army was sent into Malinese lands.

Spoiler :

To be continued...

Ponies take over Corinth, Alexander's new capital! They aren't pink, but they are still ponies.

Pony cavalry is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Last pony picture in this thread, promise.

Anyways, I think you'll do fine against Montezuma. I once settled a city on the West Coast with seven Rifleman defenders (granted they all had Drill 3 and I was on Noble difficulty) and Montezuma DOW'ed me out of nowhere with a stack of 46 units on the border. Needless to say, I only suffered 2 casaulties while destroying about 40 of his units. Seeing that you have Infantry now, I can only surmise that Montezuma is in the Medieval Period right now.

Pony cavalry is certainly a force to be reckoned with.

Last pony picture in this thread, promise.

aw hammburgers, i liked those :sad:

so, with your navy diverted to Scandanavia, will you still be able to achive my goal?
(conquer 1 city in China, India, North America and Indonesia, only one, no more)

aw hammburgers, i liked those :sad:

so, with your navy diverted to Scandanavia, will you still be able to achive my goal?
(conquer 1 city in China, India, North America and Indonesia, only one, no more)

Round is already played, but do you see vassalizing the owner of a city in that continent as conquering?
Otherwise I have a problem :p

So, seeing TD's post, I'll attack Montezuma next. Just for kicks.

I thought the scout has holding both the Boston Basher and the Direct Hit, as a bat.

The industrious Egyptians built a channel at Suez. A weird man dressed in old-looking clothes was appointed as a border guard there, named Mosh-Hez, miraculously splitting the channel in two whenever people wanted to cross the chokepoint by land.

The canal allowed the Immense Battleships of Mali to arrive a dazzling ten years earlier in Japan. (They had to travel 20000 km less. With a quick calculation, I found out my battleships were travelling at 300 metres an hour. The battles probably are in slow-motion.)

Spoiler :

After a 29-month long siege, during which over a million Russians died of starvation, the chilling cold and diseases, Catherine and Musa agree Sint-Petersburg should be handed over to Mali and peace was made.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Err... I might be wrong, but weren't the last 5 AP resolutions all negative for me?
Of course this one is defied too.
Spoiler :

Tokugawa liberates Java, which becomes the Roman empire under Wang Kon.
All my old enemies are coming back! :run:

Spoiler :

After having mined a grey-ish ores in the hills south-west of York for thousand years, they realised the same ore could be found in the hills west of York too.
They should get some glasses.
Spoiler :

Ya, mama was conquered on the Arabs by brave paratroopers. (Thanks for giving me the neighbouring city of Muscat on the end of the previous war, Sally!)

Spoiler :

Having lost his most precious city, named after the thing he always says to his mother, Saladin decides to throw in the towel.

Spoiler :

I liberate Yamama and Muscat, so the Aussies get their own civ.

Spoiler :

Eww, hamsters.
Spoiler :

WHAT moustaches? You don't have one.

Spoiler :

Sid Sushi is founded. Madrid is coming quite the commerce city. Isabella would have been proud!

Spoiler :

And the war against Toku begins.

Spoiler :

The Eiffel Tower is built. No, NOT in Paris, in Rome. Paris is too busy spamming troops, planes and ships.

Spoiler :

Another jerky AP vote...
Why can't I just execute Qin if he is the AP resident? The Apostolic Palace is situated in London, in my territory. I'll just lock the huge doors and starve him.

Spoiler :

Tokugawa shows he is capable of launching naval invasions and captures... a city in Madagascar. He probably likes the parrots there :)

Spoiler :

Paratroopers land on Java and conquer Korean - err, sorry, Roman - cities. Soon, Rome will be wiped off the face of Earth (again).

Spoiler :

Glad Medicine (and hospitals) are available this time. She definitely needs medical care. Or is that just her crazy 'I'm the evil overlord who will take over the world and start the apocalyps!' look?

Spoiler :

Image limit reached, to be continued.

Toku wanted to take the entire island of Madagascar, so he could get a monopoly on parrot export, but my infantry sabotaged his evil plan.
Spoiler :

Central African artists invent a new music style - you just take a guitar, a singer and a tam tam, electronically increase the sound by 10000% and you've got...
Rock 'n Roll!
Spoiler :

The poor Romans are now OCC-ing. I'll soon put them out their misery.

Spoiler :

Malinese ship-builders realise that building a boat out of wood while using fire instead of sails to get forward can have dire consequences - so they switch to steel decks. This miraculously gives carriers, and only carriers, a higher change to get undetected to the enemy and strike first.

Spoiler :

Qin sees a chance to increase his influence in Asia and declares war on Toku. This war has to be ended soon, but I still don't have a city in China.

Spoiler :

But now I do.

Spoiler :

So Tokugawa is allowed to become a vassal of the Greater Malinese Empire.

Spoiler :

The influence of Mali has spread a lot this round. Northern Australia, Indonesia, Japan, Eastern China, West-India, the Middle-East, and West-Australia have become viceroyalties of Mansa Musa. Victory seems to be within grasp.

But will the advisors of Mansa (yes, you!) mess things up?

I'll let you vote on certain aspects. Feel free to propose things yourself, though.

Should I...
-Declare war on Cathy, Qin and Montezuma simultaneously?
-Declare war on Cathy and Qin?
-Declare war on Cathy and Monty?
-Declare war on Qin and Monty?
-Declare war on one of them?
-Don't declare war, and go peacemonger à la Gandhi?

Should I...
-Shut off research and obtain all techs I still have to earn by espionage?

Should I...
-All of a sudden go for a culture victory?
-Try a diplo victory (without expanding anymore?)
-Go conquest/domination as soon as possible?
-Just go space race?

Should I...
-Nuke all my cities?

Should I...
-Grant Independence to England?

If you have time, please answer to these questions :)

nuke your own cities! :D (although that should go in Tambiens "Nuke yourself challange")

Nuke ALL of your cities!

So...
I'll WB everyone at war ( do I have to split off my old vassals?) with nukes in every city, then I capitulate everyone but one person, then I nuke my own cities, then I finish my space ship and capitulate the last person one turn before I finish my SS.
So I get a double conquest - SS win.

Top Bottom