A thread for small ideas

Hard to balance though... some wonders come much earlier than others. Some civs wouldn't get their trait till near the end while others would play out most of their game with an extra trait...
Like who? Nearly all the 'favorite' wonders are available early-midgame, and it nearly always depends on what route you take, something already reflected in the AI weighting programing (as in, they tend to go towards those techs first). That might make it later in the game for you personally, if you're Eloheim not concerned with religion or not trying to destroy the world as the Shaim, but that's a reflection of your playstyle. Which, of course, would change to reflect such an opportunity, so it would not be so much later than others. The farthest back favorite wonder I could find was The Celestial Compass, for example,which is at the very end of the naval research path... but the naval research path is pretty fast to get through. I like spreading onto islands fast, and so I know it's possible to get it pretty quick. And if you're playing the Dovello and aren't on path towards Form of the Titan, you aren't playing their style anyway.

Clearly deciding what trait to get would be important. But traits aren't overpowering either; you're already facing them all anyway. It's unlikely 50, or even a hundred turns with a player under an additional trait before you can get your own will be decisive.

Been playing a bit recently, in particular I've been building a bit of a giant spider army to supplement my Svart troops. I'm liking the different promotion paths, but would like to suggest a couple of other routes?

1) A Command/Subdue Beast route where the spiders mesmerize/subdue their victims. Perhaps initially it would be a subdue beast route only...but could develop to a comman equivalent?
2) An increased baby spider spawner - greater chance of baby spiders as a result of combat, but also perhaps a small chance of multiple spiders and/or a giant spider being spawned too?

A thought while role-playing the Grigori.

Could the Ordine Medicos be made into a guild? It's a lot like a guild in some ways, with it's fees for services and presumably required variety of plants and such for conventional treatments.

I don't think that the guild-starter has the advantages of spreading the guild like in BtS, where the creator of a corporation got benefits even for spreading it beyond his borders, but it wouldn't be necessary.

Say the Ordine Medicos is about using health/luxury resources for city health and a little bit of gold. Set it to compete with the Gypsie Wagon guild, using some luxury resources, resources like the reagents, and also the special-event resources like mushrooms if possible.

The primary way to spread the Ordine would be the Grigori Medics, who could spread it to any city without dying. Whether an Ordine unit that everyone could build is up for debate.

Thoughts? Improvements? I just felt it would be nice to fight off Blight or city unhealthiness in cities incapable of being built by a river.

Could it be made into a guild? certainly. Feel free to do it :)

I've never seen anyone add a guild via module, but it might be possible. All you'd really need to do is copy an existing one, and change the resources used, yields, txt keys, and icons.

Not necessarily. tanks in BTS don't even do that. Hell, I didn't even make Monstrous Creatures do that. Elephants don'#t destroy roads or (well made) bridges simply by walking on them. And destroying a farm takes a lot more work tham trampling things, like tearng up all the crops and salting soil, etc.

I don't thinkanything elss than a dragon should be naturally autopillaging

I've got a small idea: It would be very cool/interesting if, much like how the Elohim can see all the Unique Locations in the fog of war, if the Amurites could see all of the mana nodes. While not quite as useful, it would be great in knowing which way to expand, who to conquer, where to go to get the items that are essentially the lifeblood of the civ.

Well, the reason I'd want it from the start is to know which direction to expand to in order to snag them quickly and prevent other civs from having them, so that an Amurite empire isn't left high and dry with only Fire (good), Metamagic (decent) and Enchantment(tier one is good?) to kit out their mages.

Which is why I said to make it early. ;)

I wouldn't do it from the start, mostly because I want to make them spend some hammers on it. I'd be fine with the ritual available from gamestart, so long as the AI only builds it when ready... Don't need a repeat of the Illians. Main reason I suggested to put it a few techs in, actually... Should be the first tech they research anyway.

Speaking of the Amurites, why on earth are they casting Arcane Lacuna in the first 100 turns. Do they cast it the moment they get ONE adept?

And yeah, Fall Flat pushed Samhain out to Mysticism, actually. Hmmm, I don't have a module that does that yet. *codey codey*

Looking at the code, it looks like the Amurites will cast Arcane Lacuna as soon as there are 7 different types of mana on the map, provided they have an Adept. However, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping them from counting the mana provided by Unique Features towards this limit, and there are 7 unique features that provide mana so the python prereq becomes trivial if the All Unique Features option is on.

Which we always run with, so that explains it. At least now I know, and knowing is half the battle.
GI JOOOOE
I'll go fix that python right now, the little so-and-so.

Should having access to Dimensional mana double the production speed of The Nexus?

yes, it should. seems logical.

Anyways, I'm thinking of changing the "Summon Skeleton" spell, to "Animate Dead"

Would randomly summon either a skeleton, or a zombie. No statistical difference between the two, merely a flavour thing.

If you've got artwork for zombies I'm sold on that right now.

The Mummy could be a reskin for Malakim zombies.

Top Bottom