A Violent Peace, 1946-Now

Vinegar Joe did an excellent Spruance even though his ship scale looks to be slightly smaller than Delta's.

I know.... and that important for me. I stick to the same creator and size.
So the Spruance made by Joe goes into the bin. Srry Joe ;)

Update: By special request from Laurana Kanan one San Antonio Class Amphibious Transport Dock. Special thanks to Ares for the great sounds for the fortify and victory. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

Update: The German Navy has been beefed up with some new addition. Brandenburg and Sachsen Class Frigate's and Type 209 and 212 class submarines. Preview Below:

Spoiler :

In the new issue of the DMZ (Nr.99 Mai-Juni 2014) details of the manouvre "Westland Deployment 2013" with the participating submarine "U 32" of the 212 class and the US Navy were made public. Among many other ships, U 32 sunk (in simulation) the two US nuclear submarines USS Dallas and USS Norfolk of the Los Angeles Class. The US Navy was not able to catch U 32. It was also next to impossible to detect that "Phantom-Boot" from the air, so the submarine was commanded to give signals and to provoke aircontacts so the subhunters by air are not completely frustrated. After all these results, the last part of the exercise, an attack against a Carrier Task Force with the carrier "Harry S. Truman" was cancelled.

When saying good bye to USS Dallas, U 32 sent them the song "Dieselboats for ever" from Tommy Cox.

--------
I think I have to redo the settings for modern submarines in my mod.

In the new issue of the DMZ (Nr.99 Mai-Juni 2014) details of the manouvre "Westland Deployment 2013" with the participating submarine "U 32" of the 212 class and the US Navy were made public. Among many other ships, U 32 sunk (in simulation) the two US nuclear submarines USS Dallas and USS Norfolk of the Los Angeles Class. The US Navy was not able to catch U 32. It was also next to impossible to detect that "Phantom-Boot" from the air, so the submarine was commanded to give signals and to provoke aircontacts so the subhunters by air are not completely frustrated. After all these results, the last part of the exercise, an attack against a Carrier Task Force with the carrier "Harry S. Truman" was cancelled.

When saying good bye to USS Dallas, U 32 sent them the song "Dieselboats for ever" from Tommy Cox.

--------
I think I have to redo the settings for modern submarines in my mod.

I bet Tom Clancy was very, very disapointed!

Great ship.
I have been using Wyrmshadow USS Tarawa (LHA) in this role and now I guess that can be upgraded to USS San Antonio. Well directly the same type, but in CivIII game it has to be.

Sad that one can´t get both Marines and their Cobras on this ship. That would take some serious programming for Antal1987 I guess.
As of now having the Cobras as land units will have to do.

The San Antonio is simply stunning Delta_Strife, I couldn't have imagined anything better! I particularly love the little animated details like the helicopters and LCAC; and also, the wonderful sounds Ares de Borg provided.

I finally registered here at Civfanatics almost two months ago after my father became ill. Trying to get more involved in the community and modding helped take my mind off things. Sadly, my father passed away last week. And although you couldn't have known, I just want to say how grateful I am that you took the time to create this unit even with your busy schedule. Thank you!

Laurana Kanan you have my condolence
and my heart goes out to you,
I know how you feel, since I had the same terrible thing happen to me last year. My father was a keen CivIII player for many years (I think CivII before that, since finding some old floppy disks). And he introduced me to the game some years ago.
I have tried to "work" and finish a mod he started, but it´s hard with so many things popping up in getting to know the game and how it can be manipulated.

It´s great to have the opportunity to ask the "old guard" in this forum and learn from them.
I´m ever so grateful to them all. :hatsoff:

Update: A few more subs to play with. Type 206 for the Germans and the one of the newest Russian boats Borei Class. Also with those additions the download database for civIII has reached 10001 files congrats to our community! Preview for the subs below:

Spoiler :

Hi Delta,

thank you so much for filling the gap between a Type XXI Submarine and the Type 212 - so much needed:D

I got to ask if you got any modern frigates for the Royal Navy in your locker ??
Some has been made earlier by other creators, but they are very old and with your new standard the Royal Navy do need some upgrades from their WW2 ships.

Anything like Type-12M Leander-class,Type 21 Amazon-class,Type 22 Broadswords-class, Type-23 Dukes OR perhaps some of the many Cold War/Modern Destroyers that sail around the oceans of the world in Her Majesty's service.

I have a lack of British naval stuff. :( Anything from 1946 till now I lack the model for. A few exceptions but that is really recent stuff. However, that being said there is ton of really great British models on turbosquid but the models are costly. :cry:

Top Bottom