About Winning Cities with Culture.

exorcist

Chieftain
I'll start by saying that I am blond and if this has ben published/revealed before... please forgive me however, has anyone come across the formula or probability or requirements of winning a city over with culture? I have won a few over but I dont know how it exactly it happened. Anyone care to or capable of enlightening me?

And whislt on the subject of helping a poor blond, I have yet to see this colinization thing... how do you make a colony?

To found a colony, move a worker on top of the square of the resource you want and type "b" or use the build button on the bottom.

Originally posted by sydhe
To found a colony, move a worker on top of the square of the resource you want and type "b" or use the build button on the bottom.

You also have to build a road to it. Whatever cities are connected to that road will get the benefits of that colony. Its also a good idea to defend the colony.

has anyone come across the formula or probability or requirements of winning a city over with culture? I have won a few over but I dont know how it exactly it happened. Anyone care to or capable of enlightening me?

your city radius grows when you reach 10 culture points...then 100 CP then 1000 CP....10000... if there is a city with a lower culture or unhappy citizen they will "throw their rulers..." usually happen few turns after your city has grow...im in the 1850 and captured like 10 cities this way...

On the other hand, I had three cities with culture well over 100 surrounding an enemy city with a culture under 10. My civ's total culture was over 40,000, and that civ's total culture was under 100. All nine squares inside that city's borders would normally have been under my control with my culture levels. I let that sit for over a dozen turns, and the city never capitulated. All but two of the nine squares (including the enemy city square) had been in my area of influence for over 30 turns. I finally just took it with my elite cavalry.

Yeah I don't know how its calculated either. Right now, my culture is absolutely whoopin the cultures of other civs but I don't overthrow cities that much. It seems somewhat random... maybe each turn there's a small chance a city will be overthrown or something like that.

I understand how it works but wondered if there were numbers because once I rubbed up on a border and stole the city and other times I have swallowed a city hold and not won it over... I dont get it. If there is no formula, there needs to be.

Top Bottom