Absolution 4: Tabula Rasa

start with the tag, use | to separate columns and the return key to start a new row.

How Will it look?|If Done Right?|If Done Wrong
X|Good|Terrible

Without the closing tags:

How Will it look?|If Done Right?|If Done Wrong
X|Good|Terrible

-

To: Satura

Could we interest you in some Glass?

From Emperor Li XII of The Great Shang Empire
To Emperor Zhaohui Longwei of the Heavenly Dragon Empire

You have an agreement there, and we will take the Khanate by force and tear them open and to pieces. They fall for what they did to our nation.

EDIT: I think I just achieved absolution...

That's not fair, I intended to hog all of the Absolution, that was the whole idea of this Series of NESes from the start. The idea was just to do a fresh start. None of my scenario games ever made it very far and so the title was originally devised as a promise to "make up for it" to the people who played my games.

Funny thing is that I can't find the thread for Absolution 1. I can find Absolution 3 and Absolution 2 and the first sentence of that one talks about the first one (and with a full complement of arrogance too, and I'd edit it out, but if you find any of my posts from when I was 16 then rest assured that they will be similarly full of crap and I can't edit them all) but I don't have any idea where the original ran off to.

Alas, poor Absolution 3, I am still haunted by the way that one ended. I won't do that to you guys.

And those OG rules from back in the day reveal this game to be the work of a sellout.

From Octavian, the Prime Citizen of Satura
To the High Priest Kopesh of Persia

Our trade of Jewlery is about to end. Shall we renew it?

TO THE WORLD
We have completed the first Census of World Trade from our offices in Persia, and we've noticed that many of you are losing vast amounts of income due to inconsistencies. I would gladly help correct this... for a price. If you export goods to Satura, or will do so in the future, I shall, by hand, make sure you always get the bang for your buck!

To Satura
My dear, you should have 15 trade income! 6 from imports, 6 from trade routes due to the imports, and 3 for unmatched exports! 15+3=18. 18-4=14. I just found 3EP worth of money under the couch!

To Nubia
If you still have the advantage of our wonder, you have 3 routes and 1 import, giving you 4 trade income. If you didn't, you only have 3 income this turn. Sorry!

To Tatui
With 3 imports, even with -1 due to corruption, you should have 4+3-1=6 income!

To Punt
You get 3 from exports and 3 from imports, adding to 8 that 14, subtract 1 and that should be 13. Your welcome!

To Persia
With five imports, you should be docking with bling at 11 income this year!

To Zulappi
Sorry, but with only 5 imports you should have 9 income instead of 10.

Land of the Sun
With 3 Imports, you should have 4 income this turn.

EDIT: To annoy all of you, I hereby give Satura's full official name.
The Great and Most Indivisible Zorrkanist Union of the Citizens of Satura of the Undeniably Glorious Aktenist Kingdom of Waset upon the Nule and of the Most Serene Zorrkanist Republic of Sereg and of the Grand Zorrkanist Duchy of the Indomitable Iruba and of the Grand Zoorkanist Duchy of the Unconquerable Kongo

Eat that, Celestial Kingdom of Kitanato for stretching my graph!

That's what I get for putting up random extra statistics. Nobody's ever satisfied.

I would gladly help correct this... for a price. If you export goods to Satura, or will do so in the future, I shall, by hand, make sure you always get the bang for your buck!

Yeah, I bet that the guy running the NPC's isn't going to take offense to this at all and they will all be rushing to that.

Makes sence to me if they were thick and high enough, and or cleverly designed, they could easily be relevent in the iron age

lol, Yeah, I'll take it down, and the Artisan's Plaza as well.

But the difference between Zull's Walls and your wonders is that your wonders actually got used. If it were something that only gave a one time boost (or was built for a war that didn't happee.... wait a second.... why are you so keen to see them gone?) I kind of didn't bother getting too excited about it.

I wonder if the Kurds and Iberions would consider something like that a violation of the NAP.

-

And I'm pretty sure that the "walls of Zull" are (or were, rather) an anti-chariot ditch that lets defenders bombard freely.

Need to create more wonders... I need more and more cash...

Replacements

(Construction Story: Zulappi)

-

And with a word from on high the walls vanished, but the people of Zull were long known for their hard work, and so they set it up again.

"It won't be the same," some would say, mournfully.

"Ahh, yes, but it will be proper walls. We shall get a better bonus from them anyways. We did not have Masons when we first built the walls."

"Good point."

And so they piled brick upon brick, mortared all of the cracks and erected a tall, true wall.

Which was very impressive for them to be able to accomplish, especially considering how many of them were sick.

"Ha! I'd like to see these dastardly Saturan schemes come to fruition now!"

"Who said anything about Saturan schemes?"

"I just assumed... since they were Saturan that they were scheming. That's why we always had that old wall."

"Good point."

I'm sure Eltain would have done it better, I'm no Eltain. I'm just doing what I can while he's busy.

I miss Eltain, I sit around and blame myself. I blame myself for Omega quitting too, he ran into a lot of the confusions that would later hit other people on turn one and his story rewards were incredibly lame, which I realized when I started writing them up after he left.

Bestrfc I don't really blame myself for and I'd have to say I expected it. It didn't matter what I did, he wasn't going to send orders.

Hello,

"The Fruits of Flowers." (Trade Good: Soapnuts)

"Why do we have to pick all these." Said the grumpy little girl. She reached out slowly to pick another leathery fruit from the blooming shrub. "Mommmm, I do not want to do this any more." She turned her small face to looked up at her mother standing above her picking the fruit were she could not reach. She held he basket up. "Is this enough."

"We pick this fruit to make a special soap for the people, so they can be healthy." She stopped to look down at her daughter with a smile and rubbed the child's head. Then quickly she sat down, using the almost full basket on her back to lean on. "We can stop for the day."

"Good." The little girl crawled on to her mother's lap. "I was so sleepy."

HDEtg11

Hey,

To: King Kong IV of Punt
From: Emperor Zhaohui Longwei of the Heavenly Dragon Empire

I am saddened by the troubles that have befallen your Kingdom. With the loss of your navy and the sickness how can you protect the ships of the eastern merchants. I offer to build you a Chao War Junk and supply you with a special soap that may help ease the pain of the sickness for EP. This would help the Empire in the war against the Khanate.

As Punt and Persia are open to both Eastern & Western trade under the World Divided Treaty this is a legal offer.

EDIT: OCC@terrance I already have the answer but I wanted you to see SKILORD answer in a post.

DEP12

OOC: It seems that SKILORD prefers me to keep any except the most secretive diplomacy outside, so I will repost. These are from way earlier.
EDIT: Of course it is a legal offer. I doff my hat to your transparency.

To the High Priest Kopesh of Persia

We would like to offer Engineering for the bargain price of 10 EP. In addition, we would like to renew the trade of (whatever it is, I forgot, and the stats are wrong) for our Jewlery.

To King Kong IV of Punt

We would like to commemorate the brave sacrifice of your soldiers in the fight against the pirates. No physical thing can cover the price that is those who died in combat, and gave up their quest for enlightenment to safeguard the ability for others to do so, so I offer you a favor instead. Use it wisely, and with reason, and I shall grant you a request.

To King Osama of Magan

Hadrian is almost done in making a series of balms (AKA almost down with story) used to fight Zulep's Boils, and we wish to trade this balm in exchange for your blown glass.

Top Bottom