Acularius' GEM for Caveman2Cosmos

ok so i get that. are the groups lined up in such a way that if i moved them all the areas stuff west of GMT England would be in the American spawn areas? i want to make sure before i spend lots of time on this you understand.

Sorry for the late answer.

In the spawn info for random maps the Americas region is defined as -180 to -60 (West). Europe-Africa is 60 West to 60 East and Asia/Oceania as 60 to 180 degrees West.

There has also been a movement of Europe south to the equator and the southern hemisphere continents all the way to the south pole.

Today I also noticed an error in the wolf and wolf pack spawn definitions. There should be no longitude definitions in there.

Redwallzyl - go for it. :goodjob: I am sure Acularius would not mind.

I did the same with SEM. Not being able to update the first post means you may miss lots of potential new players, who miss updates in later posts.

I wouldn't mind at all, in fact I encourage it. My goal was largely to get the ball rolling and create an area to discuss the changes and balances to the map itself.

For example:
Why I decided for Pre-Columbian.
1. Well documented.
2. Encourage trade and Imperialism in the mid to late game.
3. Take advantage of the Great Farmer mechanic (although as more resources were added, less areas were available to take advantage of this.)

I wouldn't mind at all, in fact I encourage it. My goal was largely to get the ball rolling and create an area to discuss the changes and balances to the map itself.

3. Take advantage of the Great Farmer mechanic (although as more resources were added, less areas were available to take advantage of this.)

That is one (not the only one) of the reasons I went from SEM to LEM. To give more land to the Great Farmer.

I tried to play GEM on Caveman2Cosmos V37, but it crashed. Where is the map compatible with V37?

I tried to play GEM on Caveman2Cosmos V37, but it crashed. Where is the map compatible with V37?
There is currently no GEM map that is compatible.

I strongly suggest you use C2C_World or Perfect Mongoose from the map choices.

I have edited the animal spawninfos file to work in GEM, for use in v.38.

I've tested it, and while I've had multiple CTDs, I was getting those before anyway: seems to be a video driver crash, because it happens when I pan fast across the countryside after loading a new game. Which is funny because I have an all-new gaming tower with a smoking video card. But at least there have been no XML load errors, so I haven't pooched the code.

See attached, and use at your own risk. A good idea would be to put your original spawninfos file in a subdirectory, renamed "CIV4SpawnInfosOLD.xml", then use this to replace it in the /units directory. That way you can go back to factory settings if something is wrong.

Note, I also took the liberty of changing the Neanderthals so that Neanderthal units shouldn't spawn in North America. (But they still do.) There are a few other minor changes, so if you see something you don't like, make the change yourself.

Attachments

• CIV4SpawnInfos.xml
    210.5 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
What is the exact problem with the GEM map? Outdated resources or terrains? Which ones?

Top Bottom