Advanced Diplomacy

Tboy

Future world ruler
I've just had a brainwave for a few extra diplomacy options that could be added to give ROFC the extra diplomatic aspect that civ4 so sorely needs.

-Nuclear non-proliferation: countries agree that they and/or the other civ will not build nuclear weapons (but keep their existing ones). A limited version of the UN resolution.

-Intelligence sharing agreements: countries agree that they and/or the other the civ will share all intelligence they have, i.e. maps and line of sight.

-Military restrictions: Nations agree that they and/or the other civ will not build certain kinds of units. If part of peace treaty, must last for at least 10 turns and then can only be broken by the other (i.e. superior) civ without war. This could lead to situations like the Post-WWI disarming of Germany.

More ideas later, if they come.

Thing is, diplomacy is hard-coded. AFAIK these things would be impossible or very hard to implement.

Maybe more Resolutions for UN? If Rhye can make the Congress system he can make everything! :D Trade Embargos in the UN would be very cool.

Hard-coded? Damn. Ah well, I'll try and petition this for civ5 or one of civ4's expansions then. Thanks for the info.

Still, has anyone else successfully added new diplomatic options (other than Firaxis, obviously).

EDIT: Trade embargoes! That's it! Add in economic and military sanctions to the UN, blocking the trade of certain or all resources to a nation and cutting off trade routes! Military sanctions would be used against a much hated nation for a particular reason, e.g. they got nukes, and everyone would have to send troops.

The 2nd one might be too hard to implement, but trade sanctions would be genius! Thank you, Edungeon! :)

I proposed a while ago that instead of en masse wars against countries refusing to hand over cities in congresses, trade embargoes and sanctions were placed on the civ... It never really got much attention though. I still think it would be a good idea to at least give it a shot.

Top Bottom