AI Booted My Slaves!

Puppeteer

Emperor
Korea just booted my two 3-slave teams out of his territory. (6 units total.) I didn't have any military units in his territory...not even a naval unit. I had never seen the AI boot a non-combat unit before.

Each team was adjacent to a city. I am building my invasion route, so he is wise to boot me, but he did it just too late because they finished the roads.

For what it's worth, this is an unmodded epic Conquests final-patch game on Emperor difficulty, standard size continents map, 460 AD / turn 121. Korea was briefly at war with me when Iroquois bought them in, but we didn't skirmish much. I have been the most powerful civ since early in the game due to my high-food, high-shield start.

I suppose the number of non-combat units makes a difference.

(Yes, I goofed and missed a tile, but that will be remedied immediately. The war starts in 2 turns!)

Attachments

• slaves-booted.JPG
    slaves-booted.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 136
Ive had it before, sometimes I sit an idle worker on an unroaded tile with a resource under it in a denial of service kind of effort very effective on iron or horses in the early years.

If you were using foreign workers instead of native ones, I wonder if they were booted because the original owner of the worker had units in Korea.

I agree that it _shouldn't_ make a difference, but what I'm wondering is if the AI treats them as if they belong to both the player and the original tribe. Clearly the original tribe information is stored, so it is possible to make this programming error.

I ended a turn with 3 Mongol scouts in an AI's territory. All 3 got booted. Workers appear to be treated the same. The 0.0.? stat can only be trusted so far.

Top Bottom