AI Overvalues Gold Per Turn

Peng Qi

Emperor
The AI currently values its 1 GPT at 40 gold and your 1 GPT at 30 gold. This has two odd and bad side effects:

1. If you have a DOF with another player, you can give him all of your GPT for gold up front 1 for 1; you can either end up with 1500 gold in 30 turns because you're making 50 GPT, or you can just give the AI your 50 GPT and have 1500 gold right now. There's literally no reason not to bleed your DOF partners dry for every penny constantly.

2. You can currently sell a luxury for 240 gold up front or 180 gold (6 GPT) over the next 30 turns. There's no compelling reason to select the latter if the former is available, and the only reason I'd select the latter at all is if I'm desperate for money and have no other choice, since just sitting on the luxury and waiting for a luxury for trade is worth more to me than 6 GPT. Also, since the AI values YOUR GPT at 1:1, you can't buy a luxury for 6 GPT from them.

It also has one simply unfortunate side effect: Players cannot make proper "loans." A loan should pay back more than the up front cost. Currently it's valued at 1:1, as in problem 1.

Top Bottom