AI tournament, season 2

I tried out a wheel just now and would really discourage that. Leaders are literally building Apollo Program before the first really meaningful war even began. Sure there's some attempts, Boudica even took Delhi. But Gandhi captured it back. Even in the times of railroads when invasion of other spokes should be possible, attackers accept peace absurdly quickly. Justinian was power leader pretty much all along, but used it for little more than taking 1 of Boudica's cities and having Gandhi become peace vassal, before Justinian himself was first to AP and went full spaceship mode. Meanwhile Hatty was still independent and going for culture, despite some attacks by both Boudica and Ragnar... because they just kept signing peace.

Very interesting series, Ray. Thanks for hosting it :) Would never have thought Gandhi or Pacal could win this, always considered them weak AIs.

I've thought about the system kossin I think mentioned, about a points system. Kind of like a football season, although obviously not as thorough or one-on-one. It would help to reduce the random factor though, and that could be a good thing. One the other hand I think there was a good amount of matches here. It could perhaps get a bit too tedious with for example 20 matches before a "final".

Top Bottom