• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

All about Steam, Humble Bundle, and Mods

Dane338

Chieftain
So I got the civ humble bundle a few weeks ago, though since I'm an avid civ 3 and 4 player it was mostly to get a bargain on the costly Civ V for Mac.

Coincidentally, I also used Steam for the first time. Anyways, so after having a blast I wanted to try some mods, and had some trouble. So then I went to your FAQ, setting out to find the Civ V folders as per Step 2 and then...

Nothing. Civ V exists as a 34 KB application and in the "Documents" folder (which doesn't work, obviously). I tried to find "Steam" in Applications Support and it wasn't there: according to both my computer's search engine and my own manual look-see, it only exists as a 450 MB app in my "Applications" folder.

So, what do?

Are you sure you are looking in the right place? First you need to find the correct Library folder. Step #2 of the main instructions thread for mods says:
• In a Steam-registered installation, select the Finder's Go->Go to Folder menu option.
Copy and paste the following path string into the text box and click Go:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/Civilization V.app
If the civ5 application in the Humble Bundle has a different name, then you might have to enter:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilisation v

instead, and then look for the application bundle in the folder that opens.

Are you sure you are looking in the right place? First you need to find the correct Library folder. Step #2 of the main instructions thread for mods says:

If the civ5 application in the Humble Bundle has a different name, then you might have to enter:

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilisation v

instead, and then look for the application bundle in the folder that opens.

There's no "Steam" in "Applications Support" at all which confounds me to say the least. This is the case in both libraries (one under my user, the other under Mac HD). I'll triple check it again, but it isn't there at all.

Ha ha! Apparently I have to hit "option" to find it in "Go". Gooood lord, Jobs has only been room temperature for a few years and already things are getting confusing.

Top Bottom