Altered Maps XVI: Gerardus Mercator Must Die

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite clever. ;)

Seems like what level of administrative unit is used in traitor's map is inconsistent
In Poland the highest level is used, but not in Germany

I would invert the colours in the Fyromic flag.

I want to see a world map like that.

Seems like what level of administrative unit is used in traitor's map is inconsistent
I suspect that the map-maker just used a pre-existing map that was itself somewhat arbitrary; a lot of the countries are divided in more detail that would be necessary to make a decent go of their flag.

Traitorfish, I see that Åland, the island between Finland and Sweden, you put as belonging to Sweden, when we actually belong to Finland, just saying ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Åland_Islands
Not mine, for the record, pilfered from reddit via tumblr.

Simple bands work out better than crosses for the most part, but, jeez, not for poor old Poland.
I want to give Denmark and Scotland a hug.
I see that Åland,
Also: Bornholm and Jersey.
I'm not sure what the German things are supposed to be. Like, they are parts of states, sure, but i'm tilting my head considering the possibility that they're made up.^^

The Channel Islands don't have a flag as they're a UK dependency (but not part of the UK), so basically they probably need red and yellow (reminiscent of the Three Lions), due to the Queen's status as Duke of Normandy over there.

Most of Europe as a praying man is quite clever, but the British Isles as a moon and star doesn't fit at all.

That's a really ugly chicken cosplaying as a novelty church.

The Channel Islands don't have a flag as they're a UK dependency (but not part of the UK), so basically they probably need red and yellow (reminiscent of the Three Lions), due to the Queen's status as Duke of Normandy over there.

Jersey is part of France in the map is what i'm saying.
I'm not asking for a "correct" color here. Like, the same as Guernsey would be fine in any case.

Jersey is part of France in the map is what i'm saying.
I'm not asking for a "correct" color here. Like, the same as Guernsey would be fine in any case.

Oh, well, yes. I thought that went without saying. :shifty:

That's a really ugly chicken cosplaying as a novelty church.

That's all a matter of perception

calimero_verft.gif

Your irrational hatred of pareidolia is already known :p

Yikes! :eek:

If that's a Catholic church, whatever's in the incense must be really strong stuff.

I'm not sure what the German things are supposed to be. Like, they are parts of states, sure, but i'm tilting my head considering the possibility that they're made up.^^
A bit of Wiki-diving suggests they're probably the Regierungsbezirk, which are apparently an administrative division used by the federal government? An odd choice, given that they've used states or equivalents in other federal countries. (In fact, in Bosnia & Herzegovina, they've done it twice over: they've distinguished Republic Srpska and the Cantons of the Federation of Bosnia & Herzegovina.)

They seem to have done something similar with Spain, using the provinces instead of the autonomous communities, but Spain is emphatically (if sometimes unconvincingly) non-federal, which can hardly be said for Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom