Am I just being thick?

Powelly

Chieftain
Hi guys, first post on here, and I think I'm being quite thick.

I really enjoy civ iv, but i am a complete noob at it. There's a gang of about 4 of us who play together, but we're often not all available at the same time.

Pitboss seemed like the obvious solution, so we could each play a turn when we are free, then go back to whatever it is we do with our lives.

We've tried to setup a pitboss game, but it seems to me that the PC on which we run the pitboss has to be on all the time? Is there any way we can host the game on a server somewhere and we can all log in whenever, maybe using civstats to track the game.

apologies if I'm being completely thick, i get the feeling i've got the wrong end of the stick somewhere,

thanks in advance

Pwoelly

Welcome to CFC first ;)

And yes, you can run a pitboss on a server somewhere, but this somewhere must be server under your control who is online 24/7.

Nice one, thanks pal, that's pretty much what I'd thought.

Is there any way i can run pitboss on a webserver?

I can easily upload the .exe to the webserver, the problem is then executing it and getting the game going? I've had a look around on google, but I haven't really found any helpful advice about running pitboss on a webserver, or if it's even possible. I feel like I keep running into brick walls here.

BTW. a webserver i don't have physical access to, but one I rent and have FTP access to.

Top Bottom