American Civil War - JPetroski vs Techumseh

US Army established.

Union parade.png

Attachments

• Union1861july.rar
    53.8 KB · Views: 2
Not much news - destroyed a Union militia that wrecked a rail line south of Cairo. Lost one militia in the process.

Attachments

• Rebels1861aug.zip
    71 KB · Views: 4
No news - just trying to ascertain where to defend what lol.

Attachments

• Rebels1861sept.zip
    70.9 KB · Views: 5
A note on the game so far for those that might be following. Both sides were unprepared for war and there are relatively few regular army units at the start of the scenario. Production is mainly weak state militia units until ships, artillery, cavalry and regular infantry can be researched. The large number of cities on both sides means lots of units are eventually produced, which keeps the game going despite the rather bloody combat system. Well known commanders are introduced by events according to their historical appearance, which gives the armies their offensive capability. So the scenario has a slow start, but soon gets more interesting.

A note on the game so far for those that might be following. Both sides were unprepared for war and there are relatively few regular army units at the start of the scenario. Production is mainly weak state militia units until ships, artillery, cavalry and regular infantry can be researched. The large number of cities on both sides means lots of units are eventually produced, which keeps the game going despite the rather bloody combat system. Well known commanders are introduced by events according to their historical appearance, which gives the armies their offensive capability. So the scenario has a slow start, but soon gets more interesting.
Plus, if memory serves me correctly, the popular hostility to, and suspicion of, a any but a tiny Standing Federal Army, with defense being mostly the domain of the State Militias, that had been the majority sentiment since after the Revolutionary War, was still a powerful presence.

-The unit that cut the rail line is hunted down and killed
-A transport ship was sunk
-A very bloody battle erupts in the forests SW of Alexandria. Two union generals and an entire army destroyed.

Just an FYI - I won't be able to play this weekend. Currently packing up with the kids and taking them to the lake for the holiday. I'll try to play late Monday or at latest Tuesday though.

Attachments

• Rebel1861dec.zip
    72.4 KB · Views: 5
-The unit that cut the rail line is hunted down and killed
-A transport ship was sunk
-A very bloody battle erupts in the forests SW of Alexandria. Two union generals and an entire army destroyed.

Just an FYI - I won't be able to play this weekend. Currently packing up with the kids and taking them to the lake for the holiday. I'll try to play late Monday or at latest Tuesday though.
Cutting rail lines is Federal Crime to be investigated by the FBI - when the FBI in 1905, at least...

No news. Sorry for the delay. I'm in town most likely all of June though so hopefully we can get some turns in.

Attachments

• Rebel1862jan.zip
    72.6 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom