An archive of the legendary games

I'll leave it up there just to show that it is very possible...

But mostly because I'm too lazy to take it off...

Recently I saw the victory of Handy18,a C3C AWD small continent game,ended in conquest.IIRC it's the first small AWD in SG history,though handy had already beaten tiny AWD.

It also reminds me of Aggie's OCC DG AG13,it's the first one in SG history,I guess.

*Votes for The Rising Sun: Japanese Power Play by Tricky to be added*

Azash said:
*Votes for The Rising Sun: Japanese Power Play by Tricky to be added*
Thanx! :thumbsup: but i'd prefer to have it finished first. The final victory is still uncertain.

Own: you're right. However, it could turn into "somewhat epic" if i manage to meet a certain deadline... considering how the game has been played until the late industrial age, the result would be impressive.

hmmm... the legendary civ stories thread is for things like "Pax Romana", "WWI in 2051 AD" or "Celtic Peacekeepers". Mine is essentially a gamelog.

I'm not actually implying that my game is legendary, nor i'm saying that it should be indexed here. What i'm saying is that, supposing it deserves the adjective "legendary", it should be in this index rather than in the legendary stories. I'll leave to the readers to judge the merits of the thing.

I think I'm in the minority with my opinion. I noticed some of the deity games mentioned in this thread are done in such a way to maximize the human's chance to win. Also, the players typically will restart the game if they do poorly. Call me crazy, but that obviously means that the human player has an amazingly bad ratio of wins to losses. One guy said he started about two dozen times before his victory. Well, then that means he did incredibly bad in his deity games. If you really want to play a deity game, then choose everything random with default rules. Win that, then you have won a deity game.

I fully expect angry responses to this post. That's fine.

Yes, but only in legendary civ stories, not legendary games. Many people can beat Emperor or Monarch, his style is an innovation.

Phlegmak said:
I think I'm in the minority with my opinion. I noticed some of the deity games mentioned in this thread are done in such a way to maximize the human's chance to win. Also, the players typically will restart the game if they do poorly. Call me crazy, but that obviously means that the human player has an amazingly bad ratio of wins to losses. One guy said he started about two dozen times before his victory. Well, then that means he did incredibly bad in his deity games. If you really want to play a deity game, then choose everything random with default rules. Win that, then you have won a deity game.

I fully expect angry responses to this post. That's fine.
These games were so chosen because either:

a) It was the first game of a certain difficulty level or variant to be won, which, at the time it was played, was considered impossible.
b) It featured a brilliant comeback.
c) The simple elegance/spirit of the game made it an everyday (using the term loosely) term, such as FRFR, or The Defiant Nationalists.

I'll probably get around to updating this thread... sometime later.

I don't want to criticize too much, personally I enjoyed stocktracker's stories, they are easy to read, but it's nothing of a legendary game in them. It's just a victory on Regent, Monarch and Emperor.

At least if they would have been on Deity or Sid.

Well, if he does a Deity or Sid game, it should be in here because his games are amazing.

I propose CptButtkick's The Meek Shall Inherit The Earth, simply because it's a fresh idea :)

I'm afraid that anything we propose won't have any effect. This hasn't been updated since August. :( If we get an update here, a lot of the list will change.

Top Bottom