Anarchy and War Weariness

YoungEagle

Chieftain
In C3C v1.15, is the anarchy period that is caused by your citizens overthowing the governement due to war weariness the same length as the anarchy period caused from switching governments voluntarily?

Originally posted by YoungEagle
In C3C v1.15, is the anarchy period that is caused by your citizens overthowing the governement due to war weariness the same length as the anarchy period caused from switching governments voluntarily?

I don't think so. Religious Civs recover from anarchy in one turn when switching governments… not so in war weariness. I think that the length is in large part depended on the direction the war is heading. If you are doing OK in the war, mood is down but not out. If you are doing poorly, anarchy reigns supreme! I have had Anarchy, recovered one turn, then have anarchy again. I think anarchy can last until the war is over. At least that has been my experience.

Originally posted by microbe

That means you switched back to Democracy after the anarchy? Wow, that's not the smartest thing to do.

Yeah... I am still learning the fundimentals of Government strengths and weaknesses in C3C. Lesson learned. What should I have switched to? Communism? Is there a government that has no war weariness? (Can you tell I am not a warmonger...).

It depends.

First, unless you are aiming for a military win, you should not get into this situation in the first place. Sue for peace if WW is too high (>50%), and strike back in 20 turns if you like.

Second, if you want to continue the war, and you are now in a domination phase, Communism is probably the best if you already have a lot of cities. In my last game my net income raised ~400gpt after switching from Democrary to Communism, even without a SPHQ.

Third, if you are a religious civ, you have more choices. You could switch to Communism and switch back to Democrary after the war is ended.

AI will always switch to Facism. I haven't tried that myself, but it loses pops in every city once you do that. Unless you want to stay there forever, not a smart thing to do. I am not sure which is better - Comminusm or Facism. Anyone has any experience?

I believe facism is the better of the 2. It gives workers 200% faster work rate and it has very little corruption

Top Bottom