AND SVN Build Thread

Revision 966

Minor fixes and adjustments:
  • Watermill gets +1 production
  • Guild Headquarters go obsolete with their associated guild
  • Modern Granary renamed Grain Silo
  • Townclock goes obsolete at Electronics
  • Pirates of the Neutral Zones event spawns Stiletto Boats instead of Stealth Destroyers (not as powerful)
  • Antimonarchists event requires Papacy tech and 6 Cathedrals to go off
  • Fix error in Assassin Discovered event option 3 help
  • Deactivated Streamlined Government event
  • Text fixes for Elite Swordsmen, Noble Knights, Guns Not Butter quests
  • Art fix for Slinger (Mediterranean version)

Revision 967

Some minor fixes:
  • Apadana Palace city requirement reduced from 8 to 4
  • Removed Pont du Gard city requirement
  • Harbormaster quest fixed Python ship count check and explanatory text

The May build (rev967) has been uploaded on the server and on our moddb page (once authorized). http://anewdawn.sf.net

Revision 968
Updated translations for de (+1%), ru (+7%), cs (+7%), da (+1%), zh-Hans (+1%), el (+2%) & pt_BR (+3%)

rev969

• Reduced overcrowding unhappiness for small cities (pop < 4)
  • Reduced a bit distance unhappiness for AI
  • Attempt to fix AI expansion problems on other continents/islands by partially restoring old code before dbkblk's changes in CityAI Production function
  • Added some randomness in AI willingness to talk and sign peace when running Interventionism
  • Reworked a bit AI Flexible Difficulty, removing use of iAIResearchPercent, which is now used only as an offset parameter between human and AI players
  • Reworked a bit Realistic Timescale function
  • Some balancing work (to be completed in future revisions) for research and buildings/units production
  • Increased willingness for AI to produce First Nuclear Test and Warhead Factory
  • Tweaked iRevReligiousFreedom

I've worked a bit on balancing especially since I now limited iAIResearchPercent to work as an offset parameter between human and AI research. This should help prevent situations where AI is teching way too fast (at least using Realistic Timescale). I've also reworked a bit Realistic Timescale function so that it helps a bit more in making tech pace adherent to the real world timeline. This might cause somewhat strange behaviour in research for some turns if you are updating your revision in the middle of a game (research going too fast or too slow). There's more work to do but I'll finish it probably in my next release.

Revision 970

Fix missing colon in Python for Harbormaster quest.

Building changes:
  • Delete city count requirement for Body Exchange Clinic
  • Delete Great Person flavorings for buildings with 0 GPP (Corporate Store class buildings)
  • Delete number of buildings requirements for Circus Maximus, Dosan Seowon, Las Vegas Strip, Plato's Academy, Silk Road, Statue of Liberty, Temple of Dionysus (appropriate building still required IN city; Circus requires Stable or Knight's Stable, SoL requires Steel resource)
  • Women's Suffrage produces Great Diplomat points instead of Great Artist
  • Dosan Seowon gives +1 science from Priest

rev971

• Attempt to fix Inteventionism, now you can't sign peace the same turn you declared war but running inteventionism makes refuse to talk duration shorter
  • Vassals can now break free from human players

rev972

• Average score calculation for Flexible Difficulty doesn't count small civs in later eras anymore if Revolution is ON (civs with 1 city after Medieval era) because it was throwing handicap calculation off balance
  • CTD fixed when using xUPT limit
  • Partially reverted rev953 changes by Afforess because they were causing AI not to attack at all when at war
  • Tweaked some revolution values, AI has predefined values now but you can manually select an offset for human players making revolutions for humans easier or harder
  • Scaled for gamespeed revolution Index and number of turns of disorder
  • Resized some units (carriers, fast battleship and nanite cloud)
  • Reduced a bit Ancient Era techs cost

I've revamped a bit Revolution, it should be more challenging now and you can select a parameter if you want it harder or easier (maybe some tweaking will be necessary, I'll test more)
Also I've reverted some changes by Afforess in rev953 (about healing units) because it was a temporary fix but it was causing AI not to attack at all. I've tested multiple time and in the same situation AI was attacking and refusing peace with rev952 and not doing so with rev953. I've not removed the code, I've simply commented out 2 lines of code in CvSelectionGroup.cpp and CvUnit.cpp
As for Revolution, I suggest you delete Revolution.ini in UserSettings folder before starting a new game; as explained in the hover text on the Revolution setting under BUG options, changing that parameter will only take effect once you reload/restart the game.

@45°: Are you sure the revert won't affect AI unit healing?

@45°: Are you sure the revert won't affect AI unit healing?
No, I'm not, but I couldn't find a better solution. To tell the truth I haven't noticed problems with healing but AI not attacking at all is definitely worse. So, since this was a temporary fix, I've disabled it for the moment because it was causing more harm than good, while I or you and Afforess look for another solution.

Interesting to hear about the AI attacking. Now I can hopefully resume my game (it became pointless when the AI was incapable of capturing a city regardless of how many units they had). I'll eagerly give Rev972 a go!

EDIT: oh drat, they're still sending just a single siege unit each turn to its death...

EDIT: oh drat, they're still sending just a single siege unit each turn to its death...

I know, I haven't fixed that but the problem was worse in rev971 and AI wasn't attacking at all, even when declared war upon. I hope I can fix the rest too.

rev973

• Tweaked tech costs when using Revolution (research is usually slower because of revolutions, this change will not influence games where Rev is OFF)
  • Some more Revolution balancing
  • Reduced religion spread for new religions
  • Increased default size of barbarian cities required to become civs (less civs but stronger)
  • RevIndex calculation is now split between humans and AI (for modifier and offset values)

Revision 976
  • Updated translations

Revision 976
  • Updated translations

dbkblk, for some reason the launcher doesn't display updates after rev974. Nobody is getting the "update available" button. Do you have any idea why?

rev977

• Fixed barbarians getting techs first (including religions, which were not being founded, great people, free techs, etc)
  • Palace of Potala now correctly reduces War Wearness (was mistakenly increasing it)
  • Fixed BUG options tab not being displayed when cheatcode or Debug mode are active
  • Fixed a misspelled tag in Hereditary Rule (civicinfos)
  • Conscription increased Overcrowding Unhappiness reduced from 100% to 50%; also increased military production from 50% to 75%
  • Divine Cult reduce Overcrowding Unhappiness by 50% + sone other modifiers slightly tweaked to make DC more useful

In the end I've chosen another road for Divine Cult; I think I've made it more useful like this and by reducing Overcrowding Unhappiness it might be useful for early expansion. Also Conscription should be more useful now; that 100% overcrowding was really brutal in exchange for some slight military production increase. It should be better now.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13854504 said:
dbkblk, for some reason the launcher doesn't display updates after rev974. Nobody is getting the "update available" button. Do you have any idea why?
I'll check that ASAP! EDIT: It comes from the update server as the python file is still at r974, I will send an email to Afforess.
EDIT2: We need to wait for his intervention.

@45°: I plan to release a updated installer today or tomorrow. Is there a major update coming?

I'll check that ASAP! EDIT: It comes from the update server as the python file is still at r974, I will send an email to Afforess.
EDIT2: We need to wait for his intervention.

OK, thanks.
@45°: I plan to release a updated installer today or tomorrow. Is there a major update coming?

Not from me and I think Vokarya needs some more time too.

Top Bottom