Any disadvantages on accepting embassies?

Hi Redaxe.
You need an Embassy first before engaging on a DoF.

It seems some conditions (not having researched Writing yet, AI has accumulated a considerable sum of gold and didn't have any higher priorities ATM, etc.) have to be met in order to have a chance of getting this kind of deal.

And as Beetle pointed out, some CS could have gave Morocco a “discover the lands of...” quest.

EDIT: to correct my previous statement, I'm not so sure if you need an Embassy for DoF. That being said, I wasn't friends with Morocco.

You don't need an embassy for a DOF.

I've never seen the AI offer anything outlandish for an embassy, but I have seen the AI offer ridiculous sums for open borders in the later game -- usually when the AI is at war with another player and desperately wants access to prosecute that war.

Hi Redaxe. That being said, I wasn't friends with Morocco.

That is what I don't understand. Unless you're on an older version of Civ the AI won't give you a lump sum of gold unless you have a Declaration of Friendship with them.

Without the DoF they will only give you gpt. That was changed as I understand it to prevent players from taking a huge loan of gold from the AI and then declaring war.

Top Bottom