Any Interest In A Civ 5 BNW DemoGame?

As someone who wrote and worked on a good many of the past demogame constitutions I want to make a few suggestions before to delve to deeply into creating a new one.

First off, some of the past constitutions were massive. They were huge documents, while worthy of the term constitution, did nothing to help welcome people to the game. We basically greeted people by saying "Hello! Welcome! Now here is the 40 pages of rules you must read to continue." I not only suggest that we try to keep a new constitution as simple as possible, but make simplicity the priority while constructing it. That could, very well, make a huge difference in how the game grows. Secondly, I would also like to make the suggestion that we make the number of 'official' elected positions down to a minimum. To begin with this keeps the number of people actually needed to run the game to only a few. More importantly, however, this will help to remove some of the elitism that we saw in past games as well. Finally, let us please put a term limit, a very short one, on elected officials. This way we can maximize the number of people who get a shot at the 'top seat.' We should encourage citizens to be active with some attainable goal. I would love to see a one consecutive term limit. This way we keep relatively fresh faces in the elected positions.

Agreed. A constitution that's workable with a page is enough. If you need to, extra space is what appendices are for. Furthermore, I think they MUST be regular updates on the newsfeed.

I made a profile for this thread. How does this work practically and logistically? The concept sounds interesting.

As someone who wrote and worked on a good many of the past demogame constitutions I want to make a few suggestions before to delve to deeply into creating a new one.
//...//
consecutive term limit. This way we keep relatively fresh faces in the elected positions.

I agree. While keeping long pages of rules and more can be fun, it's time consuming. I believe it would be more fun if we can keep those who's not interesting in spending the time it takes to read through lots and lots of text still interested.

I'm interested. Sounds very similar to a Realpolitik. I think many of the players from the Brave New Realpolitik thread in CIV 5 Stories and Let's Plays forum would be interested in this.

Just found this forum and thread (been on CivFanatics several months and barely realized the Democracy and Team Games forum existed...) If this game is likely to actually happen, consider me interested in it.

The lack of enthusiasm for any of my suggestions killed off my mine. Not sure about why everyone else drifted away, though.

Not enough time for me. I will admit that if I this happens I may try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is Methos still interested in starting one of these games up? I wasn't around for Civ III and IV, but it sounds like a very interesting way to play V.

I have been thinking, and definitely around the middle of May (when I come home from college) I'd be very interested in participating and even hosting the pitboss on my old desktop. I think we should definitely keep this alive as these always seem like good fun for those who play in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would certainly still be interested. Rustle up some people from the IOT and NES subforums along with the various Civ Stories and [Tales/LPs] and we could have a pretty good game.

If this gets off the ground this time, I'm interested!

EDIT: in order to generate some interest and so those of us who are currently interested don't wander off, I'm going to start a new mini-team game with a sort of 'tribal elders' approach now. This will be on King difficulty and a small map. Look out for the thread in a few hours most likely- I will post the link here.

EDIT 2: okay, so in case any of you can't find it in the forums :)P), here is the link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=522945
Please get involved as much as you can :)

Ah nice I was just wondering if anyone had started a CIV 5 demogame. I'm interested and as a previous participant in several games I have to agree with Strider about simple rules. This may be new way to play Civ for many folks so lets be as inviting as possible (then hit 'em with a giant constitution in the next game).

EDIT: Promise to self: from now on I will always read the date of the previous post.

I'd definitely be interested in participating in this type of game using the Earth 2014 mod. I think that would be a lot of fun.

I realise this is an almost obsolete thread, but just letting everyone know the "Tribal Elders of . . ." game is still running at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13604494#post13604494

Activity has slowed a bit over the holiday break but it is still going. Some ministerial posts are up for grabs at the moment so please check it out. :)

Melda, Chief Minister of the Delphian Kingdom, loyal steward seeking the rightful heir to the royal line

The Tribal Elders of Delphi is still going strong.

I recently converted it into an IAAR (Interactive After Action Report) where I host the game, and the in-game citizens (determined by citizen/tile type) vote on which player/s form the government and tell me what to do.

If anyone thinks that doesn't sound terrible, check it out. New players always welcome. :)

Feel free to join in! We're in the midst of an election campaign, which has about six days left. So if this might be something that could be interest you, drop in and have a look.

Top Bottom