Anyone else miffed about advertising in Civ 5?

Moderator Action: Closed for review.

Edit:

Moderator Action: And reopened. Please remember to keep things on-topic (related to the appearance of advertising in the Civ5 in-game menu), and proceed civilly!

TLHeart you are trolling. You started posting in this thread with "what add?". Please launch the game, browse the menu then post about it, otherwise it will be ignorance to OPer. Next you ban people to complaining about add, and suggested that if they don't like the software they shouldn't buy it.

I like the GAME, i liked those menus until some add spoiled it. I hate it now..

I can undertand why it's there, but still hate it.. you don't have to lecture enyone about license.. and if company cares about customers they should ask me if i want to see that add in future.. just be fair to ppl who are sending you kids to college..

TLH you probably don't mind reciving spam also, cause this or that forum sold you email legal..

The ad is so small and unobtrusive, I honestly never noticed it, until someone started to complain about, a company using a very small space in their game to advertise their other games.

Spam email, junk mail in the mail box, same thing, don't open, just toss it out. It is their expense to mail it, costs me nothing.

If you don't like it, then vote with your pocketbook, and don't support the publisher, that is what makes companies change behavior.

I enjoy playing civ, and if a small ad on the menu page keeps them developing improvements to the game, I have no problem supporting them. Will the add prompt me to purchase that other game, doubtful. Unless it was an updated original Sid Meyers game, like alpha centari or railroad tycoon.

Top Bottom