Anyone up for a high micro SG?

So I left this for a bit to try to let voices be heard better. This is what I have gathered as the trend of discussion.

There are a lot of bugs with the proposed extra civs mod. Perhaps it is okay if we don't use it for this game, or we could fix the mod and then use it. Fixes abound.

I did not mean to walk over the idea of not using conquistadors. I should have made that more clear. I think not rushing military tradition is a good idea. I also think the AI might be teching fast enough by that point that we wouldn't win lib and they may already have rifles be the time we are able to storm anyone with conquistadors, but then again, I've never played with the level of micro that this team will be able to gather. I could be totally wrong, and for the sake of discussion, will assume I am.

Can we have a strict poll for fix extra civs vs. BAT/BUG?

It seems silly to vote on leaders before we know what mod we are playing.

In fact, most are ok with the mod (which I recall is stock BTS with just new leaders, nothing else) except Astre who left no words on this, but he's not really a wordy guy anyways...

I was waiting to the game master to show up and have its opinion on this as this is your game after all. I'll try to repair the bugs once it's accepted.

I am game to run this on a mod I guess. In all honesty, what matters most to me is the presence of strong discussion. If we can have that with a mod, we can have it with a mod.

That Spi/Fin leader sounds like a pretty darned good option. It may encourage an EE a little bit (especially with more powerful teching at the hands of the AIs), but we'll see. It could also make Lib-MT a stronger tech path because spies could keep up with mounted units even without roads, but that's not so overwhelming as to make anything a cake-walk. It seems balanced to me.

I hope the micro itself will spark strong discussions because I find people rather timid right now and it's just YES/NO (Like/Dislike) discussion.

And yes, I took that leader from the Harrapan civ as they call it because it's a fine leader without any strong imbalances.

Let's go with it then.

I don't think we should put too much effort in fixing the mod, just plug in the biggest unbalances.

I think UUs are never really over-powered when used by the AI so I would suggest we leave at that. :dunno: If you want to tone down a couple I don't mind of course.

IMO 2 of the UBs might be a bit too much in AI hands however: the Nipa Hut and the Hatchery.

Suggestions:
- Nipa Hut: as kossin suggested, replace "+10:hammers:" by "+10%:hammers:" or "+2:hammers:" or something of the sort
- Hatchery: not sure, maybe "+1:food: +1:commerce: on water tiles" ?​

I am game to run this on a mod I guess. In all honesty, what matters most to me is the presence of strong discussion. If we can have that with a mod, we can have it with a mod.

That Spi/Fin leader sounds like a pretty darned good option. It may encourage an EE a little bit (especially with more powerful teching at the hands of the AIs), but we'll see. It could also make Lib-MT a stronger tech path because spies could keep up with mounted units even without roads, but that's not so overwhelming as to make anything a cake-walk. It seems balanced to me.

The AI will not tech faster. What we can expect is a lot of wars, large armies, difficult to build relations and very little room to expand.

In fact, most are ok with the mod (which I recall is stock BTS with just new leaders, nothing else) except Astre who left no words on this, but he's not really a wordy guy anyways...

I was waiting to the game master to show up and have its opinion on this as this is your game after all. I'll try to repair the bugs once it's accepted.

correction, i said i'm ok with new leaders as long as they are fair..
And yes I'm not a wordy wordy guy.
Especially at this time where i had IRL buisness since few days.

About patching leaders. not sure, id rather play only with acceptable one or play with classical ones.

At this point I'm thinking let's get a game started: fyermind's call.

Uh, people, he seemed pretty enthusiastic about that leader I suggested. Why talking about a leader when he already seemed inclined to one. :lol:

Today, I'll do the fixes, see if that works and then release, so we can continue on the right way with the generation of the map. The conclusion should arrive tomorrow. And as many said, if I re-balance the mod, it's alright.

Ok, as intended since most are ok with the mod adding new leaders, all you have to do is to follow those steps:

1) Go download CIV Gold here.
2) I have made half of the changes and as shown in the picture, the changes work. Of course, it is imperative that when the map master, Fyermind, rolls the map on that mod, he musn't check Lock Modified Assets. Otherwise, when I'll release the final form of fixes, the map won't load.

Originally, the ram of Assyria gave 50% city attack. I made it 10% city attack and as shown, it worked. So it should for the rest.
Spoiler :

3) The team has white card to roll the map and start discuss on the starting location. Anyways, once it's gonna be ready tomorrow or the day after, the changes will be immediately taken into account without corrupting the game.

4) At last, here is a bunch of leader I give as choices.

This is the first part. I'll release the second part tomorrow. So many choices...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Some of the original AI leaders were chosen based on their personality, we should take a moment to ensure we replace a psycho by a psycho...

Top Bottom