AoD2 - 1.11 BETA test

Dale,

We did a little more testing on the student popping out of college problem (that we were previously blaming on Vista). <reminder: MP, one Vista, one XP> We are playing as a team which is what we have always done.
This is what we did:

On the Vista we had 2 students in college. One had 2 turns to grad, other had 4.
Saved the game. Exited and reloaded saved game.
On re-load, was asked to choose profession for graduating student. I was able to look at the settlement that had this college (from other computer) and could see that the students were still actually there with the correct prof and number of turns to grad. Vista had to pay the fee for each student again, basically to keep them in school.

Hopefully this is not a Vista bug and you can wave your magic wand! :)

I should also mention that this is NOT a Beta2 bug. We have experienced this probably since the beginning, not sure, but for quite a long time.

Finally finished my Patriot game... the REFs individual unit strength seemed about right. 4 for artillery, 4 for dragoon, 3 for soldier. This is where it should be across all but the easiest and hardest (ie revolutionary) difficulty level in my opinion. I think the harder difficulty level means you should just be fighting more units, not fighting units that are twice as strong, so this seems right.

That said Patriot was brutally hard, which is alright. The natives attack you so early, and when they have 10 colonies and 30 braves and you have 3 colonies and maybe 4 or 5 combat units, they are nasty as hell. This after I bought every piece of land and did all I could to keep them calm. I like how the other cols and natives fight eachother a lot too, although the other euro cols get lots of military units quickly, so they don't have to worry about being wiped out by the natives like I did.

Funny though, playing on patriot was kind of like playing original 1.10... the euro cols expand super fast at the beginning, but then plateau really early. They might have 6 colonies by turn 100, but only 8 or 9 by 250. I'm more like 3-4 and 12-15 respectively.

Funny though, playing on patriot was kind of like playing original 1.10... the euro cols expand super fast at the beginning, but then plateau really early. They might have 6 colonies by turn 100, but only 8 or 9 by 250. I'm more like 3-4 and 12-15 respectively.

I really hope that the final 1.11 will be balanced as much as possible since Dale said he is stopping the modding on aod after its release. :)

I think it's decent now... maybe some minor tweaking, but i'd want a few other people to verify my experience before Dale does anything there.

I'm playing the 2nd 1.11 beta patch and this is still an issue:

Another item that I think might be a bug. When I build a printing press, both the newspaper and telegraph buildings become available. Shouldn't I have to build a printing press and a newspaper before the telegraph becomes available?

I've been fixing bugs as I got along and am happy to say we're almost there. :D

I'm perplexed by the schools MP bug mentioned above as I've been unable to replicate that one at all. Though I did change how schools work a little (in the code, not in-game) which might've resolved that issue too.

So at this point there is one bug outstanding, which is the cross value bug after the FoY event.

The latest beta is on the 2nd page of this thread i think. Not sure how close to another one dale is.

AoD2 is now complete! I will be uploading 1.11 shortly. :D

Nice work Dale.... many thanks for all your efforts making the game even better than it was before :) :)

Yeah a couple bug-fixes were put in. :)

Yeah a couple bug-fixes were put in. :)

Thanks Dale for your work. I am relatively new to the game (give or take 2 months) but have been enjoying it. I graduated to it after waiting for Civilization IV BTS WoC mod that has stalled due to real life problems with the principal worker bee (still waiting for it however). Also another game I am very interested and not yet out is WWII Matrix war game WITP AE which was dragging out. Looks like the AE game is about a week from being published. While I'll be totally immersed in it for a good while, I fully intend to come back to this game and mod when my brain gets fried with the heaps of micro-management that comes with that game.

Thanks again

Buck

Hi Dale, when is the 1.11 being released and will it be released with a simultaneous AOFD patch that will work on it?

Dale,

Did you release the final version yet? I saw where you were going to do it but missed it if you already did. Thanks again for all of your efforts improving the base game.

PudgyOne

Top Bottom