[AOE] Crash when launching a game

Noxxis

Chieftain
Hi ! I have a big problem : everytime i try to launch a game, it justs crash at the "initialising" part of the load. I tried activating and deactivating most of the modules, but it doesn't change anything. I'm using the 14.11 version with the revision 339 at the time I'm writing this.

edit : added revision

Hi, you're either using 14.11 or the 339 revision, not both at once ^^

In revision 339 and some of the earlier ones, it seems that Windows 7 compatibility mode on civ4 is required. (It probably has something to do with how i'm currently compiling the dll, not sure why yet).

It seems to work ^^ I will try to play a few games with different modules to confirm that it fully works, but for now thank you !

Okay, I've tried playing a few games. I had multiple games with the Archos that worked well, except the saves randomly crashed when loading, but it's the only ones I've successfully lauched, every other try was in vain. Also the crash seems to be random, sometimes the game crash at the "initializating" part, and more rarely at the "finishing" part, so I'm a bit confused about all of this ^^'

Just chiming in to say I have the same issue. The latest SVN CTDs on game creation, but v14.11 runs fine.

Top Bottom